Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-01-2020, 08:26 PM

Nope. Not ever. Maybe at gun point.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
So.... what you’re sayin is there’s a chance........

Yesssss!
Old 09-01-2020, 08:31 PM

Once its had a number of years of trials, I know how long medical trials take and this one is certainly being rushed.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really?? Vee haft wyaz
Old 09-01-2020, 08:38 PM

Almost 50 years old, never had a flu shot, had the flu once. If I get the flu after 70 and it kills me, so be it. I don’t like bingo and shuffleboard anyway. Maybe I’ll get reincarnated as a lynx. I’ve always wanted to be a lynx.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Almost 50 years old, never had a flu shot, had the flu once. If I get the flu after 70 and it kills me, so be it. I don’t like bingo and shuffleboard anyway. Maybe I’ll get reincarnated as a lynx. I’ve always wanted to be a lynx.
Same here. Never taken a flu shot and have never had the flu.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Suspect your attitude regarding longevity will change once you’re 70. For myself...will get the flu shot and whatever is eventually approved for Covid. I’ll be 74 this fall (never played bingo or shuffleboard and not even tempted by pickle board). I’m limited to activities appropriate for guys in their mid seventies ...shooting 3-4 days a week, hunting during open seasons, cross country skiing, looking for another sports car, spending time in sunny places during the winter. If golf wasn’t such a sissy game, I’d probably try it.

Last edited by 260 Rem; 09-01-2020 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-01-2020, 08:45 PM
Banned

Quote:

Old 09-01-2020, 08:47 PM

Well the flu shot everyone gets is for the most part a guess on what 3 virus strains might come around. The Covid-19 shot in my opinion has in no way been properly tested or proven itself and won't for quite awhile. If it lessen's
the symtoms to mild, great. Just like mandatory masks they will try and force it on you somehow. Political BS. We shall see when the regular flu comes around and they say it's Covid and all that got a shot survived. HMMMMM
Old 09-01-2020, 09:05 PM

Not a chance! you have no idea what kind of crap they are putting in you, it's just another ploy for control to see how far they can push the lemmings. A vaccine for a real disease..yes, but for this man made spamdemic you might as well just go get the micro chip cause it will cure everything.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:12 PM

If it has anything to do with a Chinese firm forget it. On the other hand I’ve been inoculated against darn near everything, I’ll take this one too once I’m “pretty sure” it’s ok. I come into contact with a huge number of people who carry all kinds of nasty stuff so I’d rather get shot up against all the possible diseases anyway. This will just be another one of them.

I don’t think it’s a matter of whether it will harm us but rather will it do what it’s supposed to do and will it be for the long term.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:14 PM

In no rush to line up for a vaccine
Old 09-01-2020, 09:18 PM

If supplies are low, I'm a young white male from Alberta....That's probably the lowest of the low when it comes to importance in this country. I don't think it will be first come first serve.

Really though, if it was I would wait until the vulnerable people in my area had a chance to get it.

Being a novel virus that obviously mutated to JUMP SPECIES, I'm not putting much hope in a vaccine to be effective for long.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:28 PM
Banned

The neighbors wife had it, their kid was over at our place playing in the basement, 4 days later I get a call from Ashok saying his wife tested positive and that him and the kids were on there way to get tested. The whole time I’m thinking I hope I got Covid so I can get it over with before hunting season kicks into full swing.

They tested negative, so I still have to wait I guess.

She lost her sense of taste for a few days...... that’s it.
Old 09-01-2020, 09:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
The neighbors wife had it, their kid was over at our place playing in the basement, 4 days later I get a call from Ashok saying his wife tested positive and that him and the kids were on there way to get tested. The whole time I’m thinking I hope I got Covid so I can get it over with before hunting season kicks into full swing.
People have gotten it a second time so it’s not a one and done disease.

I’m going to guess that, once developed, the vaccine will be an annual requirement just like the flu shot
Old 09-01-2020, 09:57 PM

Once a vaccine is approved in Canada it will have had extensive testing.

https://www.raps.org/news-and-articl...accine-tracker

What is fast tracking vaccines is the speeding up phase timing and running phases in parallel if initial results were good.

There is new technology and knowledge going into these new vaccines.

My hope is one will work real well. Higher probability is a few will work okay but together will work well.

Data and information is all public data and enough brains will be reviewing it with far more knowledge than anyone on AOF.

I will read the reviews, published pros and cons and act with common sense.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-01-2020, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomP View Post
I’ll hold off as long as possible...and then I’ll hold off a little bit more...this communist country can shove mandatory Chinese vaccines up their rear end...this virus isn’t the Black Plague and I’ll take my chances with it..
The best post so far.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
X2
Old 09-01-2020, 10:08 PM
Banned

No thanks...unless they serve sljivovica.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
People have gotten it a second time so it’s not a one and done disease.

I’m going to guess that, once developed, the vaccine will be an annual requirement just like the flu shot
I’ve never gotten a flu shot, I think I might of had a flu once. In all honesty, I’m more sick of the restrictions than Covid will make me. The neighbor had Covid, I had to cancel an important meeting because of it. Now the kids are going back to school, I can only imagine how much my life will be impacted because of a flu virus. It’s a bunch of bs. If you’re vulnerable, wear a mask and avoid crowds as much as possible, if you’re young and healthy then continue life as normal.

Unfortunately too many people are willing to believe the bs they’re fed by justin and the msm. Covid is the last thing we should be worrying about.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:36 PM

I’ve been getting flu vaccine shots for the past 24 years and to date no symptoms or evidence of my body or mind being compromised by whatever the skeptics fear so much. Never had any of the flu strains I was vaccinated for...but did have flu’s prior to getting “shots”. Brings on a bit of a smile every time a 50/some year old counsels avoidance of vaccines that could compromise my health and shorten my life.
Old 09-01-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
I’ve never gotten a flu shot, I think I might of had a flu once. In all honesty, I’m more sick of the restrictions than Covid will make me. The neighbor had Covid, I had to cancel an important meeting because of it. Now the kids are going back to school, I can only imagine how much my life will be impacted because of a flu virus. It’s a bunch of bs. If you’re vulnerable, wear a mask and avoid crowds as much as possible, if you’re young and healthy then continue life as normal.

Unfortunately too many people are willing to believe the bs they’re fed by justin and the msm. Covid is the last thing we should be worrying about.
Actually. Current research is targeting the part of the coronavirus that isn’t changing so it is expected to work against all the strains.

The flus are very different to one another.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-01-2020, 11:04 PM

Default Covid Vaccine

For me I will hold off on getting the vaccine for Covid 19. To me there are too many what ifs that could go wrong. Every time they have rushed a vaccine to the public it has had negative results. Take a look at what happened to healthcare workers in Europe who took the swine flu vaccine. Many lives were ruined because of the disastrous effects of the vaccine. And they are still trying to settle lawsuits with the major pharmeceutical companies to this day.
For me if I catch Covid self isolate for two weeks, and because I am relatively healthy life goes one. Compare this to taking an unproven vaccine that could screw me up physically for the rest of my life. I know what my decision will be.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:19 AM

Why is nobody interested anymore in how this corona virus started and spread?, and other than vaccines, and social distancing how to prevent this sort of thing from happening again?
Old 09-02-2020, 06:30 AM

Not if it is made in China
Canada used to be at the top when inventing new medicine.
Time for buy Canadian and get back to the top.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:09 AM

Speaking of the FLU SHOT I am going to relate a personal experince, nothing more, nothing less. When I was up in Alaska in 1998 I spent 2 days with the Flu, luckly the bathroom was on the same floor because it was hands and knees all the time. I used to get the Flu twice a year and a cold once a month, I worked outside. Since the Flu shot, back in the fall of 1998, I have neither the Flu or a cold since. Is this a testimonal? I don't know, you decide and I am 82. But I understand as I was a nonbeliever in the Flu shot back in 1998, but I was not going to hand feet to the bathroom again. There I have done it and I called up to see about a Flu shot this year. As to getting Covid-19 shot, I don't know, when I get it I will make up my mind, if it is not too late
Old 09-02-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastus View Post
Speaking of the FLU SHOT I am going to relate a personal experince, nothing more, nothing less. When I was up in Alaska in 1998 I spent 2 days with the Flu, luckly the bathroom was on the same floor because it was hands and knees all the time. I used to get the Flu twice a year and a cold once a month, I worked outside. Since the Flu shot, back in the fall of 1998, I have neither the Flu or a cold since. Is this a testimonal? I don't know, you decide and I am 82. But I understand as I was a nonbeliever in the Flu shot back in 1998, but I was not going to hand feet to the bathroom again. There I have done it and I called up to see about a Flu shot this year. As to getting Covid-19 shot, I don't know, when I get it I will make up my mind, if it is not too late
The symptoms you described in 1988 sounds more like the stomach flu or a food caused illness. Regardless whatever you are doing is working so don't mess it up!
Old 09-02-2020, 09:20 AM

I will definitly line up for shot. We Canadians do not have to worry. Trump is going to short cut the phase 3 trials and use them Americans to short circuit good science. Any problems with the vaccine will be well tested before we roll up our arm.
Old 09-02-2020, 09:34 AM

I will because I work in a Pitri dish.

Marshall McLuhan
Old 09-02-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
I will definitly line up for shot. We Canadians do not have to worry. Trump is going to short cut the phase 3 trials and use them Americans to short circuit good science. Any problems with the vaccine will be well tested before we roll up our arm.
Except we will probably get a relatively untested Chinese vaccine, that Trudeau will want to force us to take.