Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-17-2020, 09:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
When all these “it’s a hoax” nuts wise up?
The fools and ill prepared will be the first to perish.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:07 PM

I volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19. The vaccine was created in Russia. I got my first shot, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s safe, with ?o side effectsr, and that I feelshκι χoρosh? ? ???????? ???? ??????? ??????? ? ? ?????, ??? ??????? ??????? ???.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2020, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
Instead of a long response.
Go on FB, find Kelly An, Aug 31 at 6.41 AM
I do understand that there..... etc
Long post, but I agree with her, you probably won't.

Kelly An from Facebook lol, very credible source.

What is the world coming too??
Old 09-18-2020, 04:54 AM

Quote:
When all these “it’s a hoax” nuts wise up?
This is the hoax stuff I'm referring to behind covid..why would such cover ups even need to exist?
Some really are really enjoying their new powers of keeping the public in constant disarray 'behind'
the messy shut down curtain.
How big of a scale are all these little stories actually going on?

https://fox17.com/news/local/covid-1...ing-revelation

"NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WZTV) — The coronavirus cases on lower Broadway may have been so low that the
mayor’s office and the Metro Health Department decided to keep it secret.

Emails between the mayor’s senior advisor and the health department reveal only a partial picture. But
what they reveal is disturbing.

The discussion involves the low number of coronavirus cases emerging from bars and restaurants and
how to handle that.

And most disturbingly, how to keep it from the public."
Old 09-18-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkfriend View Post
And I think it needs to be mandatory for people to take it. If someone is caught endangering others by refusing to take the vaccine -booom - penalty and courtroom.
I feel this is an incredibly slippery slope in which you haven't fully considered all the possibilities and likely want it to be a one way street. If you, your wife, or child, etc. gets the flu, unsuspecting pass it along, and that person dies, you would of course support being persecuted for murder? I kind of doubt it. Your mandatory vaccine causes serious health effects in 0.0001% of the people who it's enforced on, you would of course support being persecuted for 3,400 counts of attempted murder? I kind of doubt it. You're okay with the government physically detaining you and injection something into your body? That's an incredible breach of personal freedom, and once they are doing that, entering your residence, business, injecting something else, etc. whenever they see fit is a fairly minor inconvenience. Is there a more personal loss to freedom for an individual that their body? That would essentially be a complete and utter surrender for me, hand everything over, they can do whatever they want.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:42 AM

If it is recommended by my family doctor, then yes, I will take the Covid 19 or any other vaccine.
We can thank our doctors and vaccines for the reason humans are regularly living to be 100 years old today. As opposed to dying as children or of old age in their 40's as was the norm in the 1800's.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:38 AM

Most don’t think Covid19 is a hoax but a large part of the population believes things have been blown out of proportion and just want to get on with their lives
Old 09-18-2020, 07:49 AM

I will take the advice of my family Doctor, not some quack news report.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations
Old 09-18-2020, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Most don’t think Covid19 is a hoax but a large part of the population believes things have been blown out of proportion and just want to get on with their lives
X2

I really appreciate how certain upstanding members have the freedom to call others stupid, nuts, kooks.... because of different view. Mods have no issue with this, it even seems encouraged in certain threads.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
I feel this is an incredibly slippery slope in which you haven't fully considered all the possibilities and likely want it to be a one way street. If you, your wife, or child, etc. gets the flu, unsuspecting pass it along, and that person dies, you would of course support being persecuted for murder? I kind of doubt it. Your mandatory vaccine causes serious health effects in 0.0001% of the people who it's enforced on, you would of course support being persecuted for 3,400 counts of attempted murder? I kind of doubt it. You're okay with the government physically detaining you and injection something into your body? That's an incredible breach of personal freedom, and once they are doing that, entering your residence, business, injecting something else, etc. whenever they see fit is a fairly minor inconvenience. Is there a more personal loss to freedom for an individual that their body? That would essentially be a complete and utter surrender for me, hand everything over, they can do whatever they want.
X2
Old 09-18-2020, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
I would agree to a point while maintaining it is still very deadly for a portion of the population.

Young teachers screaming that it is too dangerous for them and the kids to open unless class sizes are 1/3... just a union trying to gain some power?

Fact is it is not dangerous for younger and healthier folks. However we are not a country of screwing over the old and ill either when social distancing and masks can help and a vaccine will essentially fix the concern. There is still also the issue being studied as to are there people with minor symptoms but longer term health risks after contracting.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-18-2020, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Instead of a long response.
Go on FB, find Kelly An, Aug 31 at 6.41 AM
I do understand that there..... etc
Long post, but I agree with her, you probably won't.
So glad you posted that.

Now we better understand you.

And now you must start looking at credible sources. It is a very dark path you are on believing these conspiracy nuts. Just because it is said on FB or the Internet....doesn’t make it true. You need to look closely at the source.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 09-18-2020, 09:16 AM

I'm getting a flu shot this year (some years I have and some I haven't).

In some cases because of my employment a flu shot was mandatory as per that employer.

I'll be getting a flu shot this year. So will my kids, although my oldest is an adult now, so that's up to her.

I'll get that covid vaccine when it comes out (after consulting my long time family doc)....I might even get that one that causes you to type in Russian/Cyrillic.

Whatever keeps me on this side of the dirt for a while longer.

I've had no adverse affects the years I've had a flu shot.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:33 AM
Banned

For those of you who are in panic mode over Covid, I suggest you take the blinders off and look at the big picture here. If you have been paying attention to my posts since the very first time I posted on a covid thread, you know that covid is only one part of the plan put into motion. The fools who think that this is a conspiracy theory are doomed. There is something big going on, and covid is to keep little minds occupied.

So you can laugh and point fingers today, just remember when you get caught with your pants down I tried to tell you to wear suspenders, lol!!!
Old 09-18-2020, 12:02 PM

Quote:
So glad you posted that.

Now we better understand you.

And now you must start looking at credible sources. It is a very dark path you are on believing these conspiracy nuts. Just because it is said on FB or the Internet....doesn’t make it true. You need to look closely at the source.
Did you actually read it?
Very balanced opinion
I don't believe 97% of the stuff on FB.
But once in a while, there's a good post, like this.
You should first read it and then tell me whether you agree or disagree
Old 09-18-2020, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Did you actually read it?
Very balanced opinion
I don't believe 97% of the stuff on FB.
But once in a while, there's a good post, like this.
You should first read it and then tell me whether you agree or disagree
Post the link. FB is NOT as source for reliable information. In fact if you want unreliable and made up stories or stories from 10 years ago with a new title...go to FB.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:18 PM

Looks like new information that we are learning about Covid 19 indicates that very few people are asymptomatic.

Since May 29, when the broad asymptomatic testing was introduced, the province completed about 233,000 such tests, with only 0.07 per cent returning positive — about 163 cases.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...ovid-19-update
Old 09-18-2020, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Echo's of Fauci...
Actual quote

“I must warn that there’s also the possibility of negative consequences, where certain vaccines can actually enhance the negative effect of the infection”.

That’s the reason why testing needs to be done, which it is, which is why he is onside.

You make false context which is unfair to whom you are perporting to quote as confirmation bias of your position.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Looks like new information that we are learning about Covid 19 indicates that very few people are asymptomatic.

Since May 29, when the broad asymptomatic testing was introduced, the province completed about 233,000 such tests, with only 0.07 per cent returning positive — about 163 cases.

I believe what they are saying is the people rushing in to get tested because they are worried has shown their is not widespread infections...but that is because Alberta slowed it down so much.

Asymptomatic spread is a real thing and very significant when the curve breaks out and tracking fails.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Actual quote

“I must warn that there’s also the possibility of negative consequences, where certain vaccines
can actually enhance the negative effect of the infection”.
Lol, nah, same difference & is close enough for me.
I stand by it.
Old 09-18-2020, 10:55 PM

Quote:
I believe what they are saying is the people rushing in to get tested because they are worried has shown their is not widespread infections...but that is because Alberta slowed it down so much.

Asymptomatic spread is a real thing and very significant when the curve breaks out and tracking fails.
The large data sample indicates something very different than what you are suggesting. This is supported by the principle of Occam's razor.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tri777 View Post
Lol, nah, same difference & is close enough for me.
I stand by it.
Narrow and selective data viewpoint is the crux of the conspircy movement.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:16 PM

Quote:
The large data sample indicates something very different than what you are suggesting. This is supported by the principle of Occam's razor.
Yes...but exposure was very limited and people just weren’t infected so it was s waste of testing resources.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Yes...but exposure was very limited and people just weren’t infected so it was s waste of testing resources.
Exactly. It is a waste of testing resources because people aren't asymptomatic. 7 in every 10,000 tested. Just a paper tiger.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:26 PM

Interestingly, they kept testing knowing the results that were coming in. The data is new to us, but they were obviously aware. I wonder what conclusions they drew from it.
Old 09-18-2020, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Interestingly, they kept testing knowing the results that were coming in. The data is new to us, but they were obviously aware. I wonder what conclusions they drew from it.
The large amounts of tests provide very significant data that the threat of asymptomatic transmission is not real. They also maybe want to make sure that their budgets don't get cut by excessive work volume to show they are doing legitimate work. Nothing like soaking up as much tax payer cash by AHS as they can!
Old 09-18-2020, 11:58 PM

Quote:

While 0.07 percent is not a high number, it is actually higher than the number of people who were symptomatic. While the number of active cases fluctuated in the time that asymptomatic testing was available, looking at the graph of active case numbers an estimate of 1000 active cases at a time seems reasonable, which equates to 0.0229 percent. In other words, for every symptomatic case, there were more than three asymptomatic cases, which I think is something we need to pay attention to.
Old 09-19-2020, 12:09 AM
Banned

How many people have died from covid?

How many people have died from a heart attack in that same period of time?

Seriously think of that.

Now think of the panic surrounding heart disease.
Old 09-19-2020, 01:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
How many people have died from covid?

How many people have died from a heart attack in that same period of time?

Seriously think of that.

Now think of the panic surrounding heart disease.
Come on man, get in line, make sure you have your mask on like the other sheep...

Heart disease, cancer, none of it matters anymore, it’s all about Covid. It’s made people crazy, plain and simple.

It’s obvious a lot of us can’t get a grip on the big picture. Easier to listen to CBC and push stupid agendas on other people...
Old 09-19-2020, 01:44 AM
Gone Hunting

There is something I don't understand.

As I understand it the primary means of transmission is via droplets we expel when we sneeze or cough, hence the need for wearing masks.

It is also my impression that asymptomatic means one is not exhibiting systems even though they are ill. So they are not sneezing or coughing.

If those two things are true and only .07% are asymptomatic, how then are those few such a major contributor to the spread of this disease?

FWIW over the past two weeks my 76 year old BIL tested positive, about a week after suspected exposure.
He has not experienced any symptoms so far and is in voluntary isolation.

A couple of days ago my next door neighbors son tested positive, two days after a suspected exposure.
The whole family is now in voluntary isolation.

I did some research on the tests they had. Expert sources such as The Mayo Clinic report that early testing returns a very high false positive.
Some reported false positives as high as 70%

Yet local news is reporting them as covid cases as though the people tested are already sick. They are not.

With my health I can't afford to take any chances but I wonder, are there similar issues with the reported deaths?

If so, if 70% of reported covid deaths are actually deaths due to other causes, is it worth shutting the down the country to save the 30%

As I would very likely be one of the true victims of this disease should I get it, I face a quandary.

Am I making the right choice?

Although the thought of dying does not scare me I can understand why some in my position would be terrified.

So for their sake and for the many believers I have no issue with the rules as they are. I wear a mask when in public and I maintain the recommended distance.

If I were younger and in good health I don't think I would be nearly as willing to comply. In all honesty.

George Bernard Shaw