Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-25-2014, 12:29 PM

Default The TWO TWITS

Well what a way to get the blood pressure up, listening to Tensor and Gros this morning. In my defence I turn the radio to another channel when the two twits come on but I was listening to the Eskies Game on Saturday . I only listened when they started talking about a Ft. McMurray gun bust.
Not going to judge the guy , innocent until proven guilty . My issue is , well wow , do we as gun owners ever have a long Long Long way to go educating, the non gun owner public. (Not even Antis) I never thought average people would or could jump to the conclusions about law abiding gun owners as these two did. I was biting my knuckles but knew that a text or a call in was a waste of time.
If you haven't heard it and have low blood pressure you can listen to the 630 ched audio vault for 9 am this morning.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
My issue is , well wow , do we as gun owners ever have a long Long Long way to go educating, the non gun owner public. (Not even Antis) I never thought average people would or could jump to the conclusions about law abiding gun owners as these two did.
I'm surprised you would say that. The issue is how little gun owners are aware of how the non gun owning public feels about us. You say we have a long way to go to educate them. You can't educate people's feelings, they don't care, if they don't like something and their personal views are against something all the education in the world will not change their misguided perception. We would be better off to clean our own house and get rid of the segment of gun owning idiots who make us look bad, those are the ones giving all of us a bad rap and we do little to improve our image as a whole. Their perception of gun owners will not change until we change our image. We are our own worst enemies.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
Well what a way to get the blood pressure up, listening to Tensor and Gros this morning. In my defence I turn the radio to another channel when the two twits come on but I was listening to the Eskies Game on Saturday . I only listened when they started talking about a Ft. McMurray gun bust.
Not going to judge the guy , innocent until proven guilty . My issue is , well wow , do we as gun owners ever have a long Long Long way to go educating, the non gun owner public. (Not even Antis) I never thought average people would or could jump to the conclusions about law abiding gun owners as these two did. I was biting my knuckles but knew that a text or a call in was a waste of time.
If you haven't heard it and have low blood pressure you can listen to the 630 ched audio vault for 9 am this morning.
What if every gun owner did as you and figured it was a waste of time to voice our opinion?? Sometimes you have to "nut up or shut up". If rather hear one guy give an honest facts and opinions against something then hear nothing but biased uneducated filth. By keeping silent we don't so ourselves any favors. As already mentioned we are our own worse enemy at times!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
I'm surprised you would say that. The issue is how little gun owners are aware of how the non gun owning public feels about us. You say we have a long way to go to educate them. You can't educate people's feelings, they don't care, if they don't like something and their personal views are against something all the education in the world will not change their misguided perception. We would be better off to clean our own house and get rid of the segment of gun owning idiots who make us look bad, those are the ones giving all of us a bad rap and we do little to improve our image as a whole. Their perception of gun owners will not change until we change our image. We are our own worst enemies.
True words, I couldn't agree more...
Old 08-25-2014, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Very true, while some non firearms owners can be educated , many base their anti firearms opinions on emotion, not on common sense or reason. Those people will always be anti firearm, no matter what we do. In order to sway the neutral people to support firearms owners, we need to deal with the firearms owners that are irresponsible, and that make all firearms owners appear to be irresponsible.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Very true, while some non firearms owners can be educated , many base their anti firearms opinions on emotion, not on common sense or reason. Those people will always be anti firearm, no matter what we do. In order to sway the neutral people to support firearms owners, we need to deal with the firearms owners that are irresponsible, and that make all firearms owners appear to be irresponsible.
YES, so here's a list of the dufus'

1. Those that bring bring a firearm for repairs or adjusting witn a live round in the chamber.

2. Those can shoot up road signs.

3. Those that use their scopes in place of binoculars.

4. Those that shoot animals beyond their capabilities.

5. Those that have no respect for the quarry that they are about to dispatch.

6. Those that have no idea as to where the muzzle is pointed could expect a bad outcome.

I could go on, but will leave it at that for now.

Old 08-25-2014, 06:33 PM

How about the ignorant and stupid ones the ones who call people ignorant and stupid no shortage of them around here
Old 08-25-2014, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
How about the ignorant and stupid ones the ones who call people ignorant and stupid no shortage of them around here
I was listing those that one meant in the bush or on the trail, not on the internet.
Old 08-25-2014, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I was listing those that one meant in the bush or on the trail, not on the internet.
Certainly worthwhile but most of our opponents arent in the bush they are in cities and on the internet or watching crime news and media commentary i just used your post as an intro for my pet peeve
Old 08-25-2014, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
What if every gun owner did as you and figured it was a waste of time to voice our opinion?? Sometimes you have to "nut up or shut up". If rather hear one guy give an honest facts and opinions against something then hear nothing but biased uneducated filth. By keeping silent we don't so ourselves any favors. As already mentioned we are our own worse enemy at times!

Yep I agree, I'm not one ussually to keep my yap shut. I was driving between 2 jobs so texting out , and I wasn't going to sit on hold long distance for 1/2 hr to argue with the twits.. Lots of Edmonton legal gun owners jumped on them some if them were more eleoquent with there words then I may have been.
I'm still out here working and don't have the time, patience, or know how to link the conversation. It may have been 15 minutes long and then they were on to curing Ebola. That's when I tuned out.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:45 PM

Thanks to all that called in and refuted the stupid. I quit listening to 630 and 770 after the big shakeup. I can't handle the stupid.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 08-26-2014, 11:05 PM

i was watching american news and somebody gave a 9 year old girl an uzi she apparently didnt know she had to control it and it went straight up immediately they didnt show when it went over and shot and killed the guy that gave it to her. this was at a gun range on video. that girl is going to have to live with that. dont give little kids guns! give them toy guns.
Old 08-27-2014, 12:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxman View Post
i was watching american news and somebody gave a 9 year old girl an uzi she apparently didnt know she had to control it and it went straight up immediately they didnt show when it went over and shot and killed the guy that gave it to her. this was at a gun range on video. that girl is going to have to live with that. dont give little kids guns! give them toy guns.
Control is needed.

More info is needed.

Will we be given all the background information in regard to parents and their background?