Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 10:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
You are familiar with the term irony?

.....judging those who may have made judgemental statements.....ok

Should we coddle and praise the OP? I disagree with his actions and I am not afraid to say so....so what?

Like I said, IMHO alcohol and firearms do not mix. Like other said beers after a day of hunting is acceptable when the guns are put away....

SKS in one hand and beer in the other.....if you are ok with that then that's good for you. I don't want a fellow outdoorsman to represent other outdoorsmen On public lands in that fashion..... Wonder why the organized ranges do not allow ANY alcohol....even just one?

LC

I rest my case
Old 06-03-2013, 10:57 PM
Banned

Old 06-03-2013, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyHippy View Post
I rest my case
Post count has nothing to do with anything...lol, but you can pass judgement on who ever you like....it's the Internet you know

Stick around long enough and will won't give a hoot about post count either.

LC
Old 06-03-2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
The funny thing I always notice is this:
The members who are the first to jump down someones throat, and ASSUME whatever their pretty little minds concoct, are the members with huge number of posts. Like 1000+
These febal little men have nothing better to do than sit on here and ridicule every thread started. Get a life
I never once saw the op saying we were out shooting and gettin loaded at the same time. Before he was able, or givin a chance to clarify you guys get all over him. Why not instead ASSUME he was out shooting and then had some beers. The glass is not always have empty!

Nope, only said he he was drinking beer and carrying a gun. But you did read this right? Hmmm or can you rea.............?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Call me judgemental.....but alcohol and firearms are two things I never mix.....maybe it is just me?

LC
Lefty, I agree with you! I wouldn't be within a 1000 meters of some clown drinking and handling firearms! Almost as bad as drinking and driving, which I'm sure they did after the fact!
Well, if brains were dynamite,... these clowns wouldn't have enough to blow their nose.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 PM

At the end of the day its all about perception... He may have been sober but I don't think I would like quading by him with a gun in one hand and a beer in the other. Don't think I would stop and ask either.

LS
Old 06-03-2013, 11:14 PM

Another judge here.

Good cross fire Pesky, you been drinkin'?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
The funny thing I always notice is this:
The members who are the first to jump down someones throat, and ASSUME whatever their pretty little minds concoct, are the members with huge number of posts. Like 1000+
I have no problem with having a couple of beers and shooting gophers or whatever. There comes a point when the rifles are put away though and if you can't recognize when you or your buddies reach that point then it's better to put them away before you have a beer. Where the OP was shooting doesn't sound like the right place to be blowing off steam.....there are other users to the area and it likely isn't safe.

I figure at one time it was a good spot to do what they were doing but things have changed. IMO the F&W Officer did the right thing by telling him that he couldn't do that there anymore. His family could have been going there for generations and now it's not okay to do. Too easy, stop going there and find another spot.

Some of you Saints need to get over yourselves for goodness sakes.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM
Banned

Default here - here !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboy View Post
we did it all my life , and l,m 70 , l,m still good , its the non drinkin preachers that ruin the world trying to change and reform us to an angel that can do no wrong.
We drank beer and sighted in our guns , had some compiticion shooting , we had fun , we were brought up with brains , and gun savey, we were able to do both without any issues.
The goons now days have no brains and no one taught them , thats the difference.
So dont get on a man for having a beer and still shoot , some of us can still do both.and l,m not talking about out hunting in the field , talkin bout range backwoods target fun.
----------------------------------------------------------------

x2 ......
Old 06-03-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
I have no problem with having a couple of beers and shooting gophers or whatever. There comes a point when the rifles are put away though and if you can't recognize when you or your buddies reach that point then it's better to put them away before you have a beer. Where the OP was shooting doesn't sound like the right place to be blowing off steam.....there are other users to the area and it likely isn't safe.

I figure at one time it was a good spot to do what they were doing but things have changed. IMO the F&W Officer did the right thing by telling him that he couldn't do that there anymore. His family could have been going there for generations and now it's not okay to do. Too easy, stop going there and find another spot.

Some of you Saints need to get over yourselves for goodness sakes.
Hey Dave...................I'm waitin' on the Hippy to comment on your post count lol
Old 06-03-2013, 11:23 PM

Default Meetings

I guess nobody on this site attended any of the meetings that were held about this Natural Area. To busy shooting and drinking??????
Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 PM

I have found beer cans and shell casings in the strangest of places, middle of nowhere. Always wondered how they get there.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:26 PM

Sigh..... Not that i feel the need to defend my self against such petty and childish assumptions but if it were still a natural area as we thought and were told and is still labeled in places by sign on the land. Target shooting and alcohol of course done separately would be perfectly legal. We had finished shooting and were looking at our shots when they approached us so i wasn't about to drop my SKS in the dam mud the thread was to be about the loss of a nice quite place to camp, plink, and have a cold one thanks though your all a stand up and impartial bunch.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehntr View Post
Hey Dave...................I'm waitin' on the Hippy to comment on your post count lol
Forget the post count......I've been drinkin beer and you might hear a shotgun fired off my back deck in a bit......lol.

Just kiddin, I wouldn't do that.......or would I?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 PM

Alcohol and firearms are like my wife and my girlfriend, keep the two far apart.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 PM

K
Works for me.
Sorry bout the assumption bud.

Ya gotta admit it the post could get looked at that way.

Sorry.

Loosing common areas is gonna be more and more common. I think it's just a function of growing population. And the ara your referring to is really increasing with people if I'm
Not mistaken.
We Albertans don't seem to share well.
I figure your gonna need to drive north more to find more freedom.

Lots of people have found out that Alberta is a pretty cool place.

.. And now we have lots of people.

I gotta contend with all these new people in my fishin holes, campin spots, goose patches, grouse roads, deer patches, elk hidey holes .... Sheesh!

They even climb MY mountains dangnabbit! And leave silly prayer flags an whatnot.

I just push deeper into da woods... Farther upstream, higher up the mountain.
There's alot of freedom left in Alberta... We just have to work hard to get it nowadays.

Sorry l assumed you were boozin and plinkin.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-03-2013, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyacka View Post
Sigh..... Not that i feel the need to defend my self against such petty and childish assumptions but if it were still a natural area as we thought and were told and is still labeled in places by sign on the land. Target shooting and alcohol of course done separately would be perfectly legal. We had finished shooting and were looking at our shots when they approached us so i wasn't about to drop my SKS in the dam mud the thread was to be about the loss of a nice quite place to camp, plink, and have a cold one thanks though your all a stand up and impartial bunch.
The whole thing about this Natural Area turning into a Rec Area is really a red herring. Since when can you camp in a Natural Area? Consuming alcohol in a Natural Area is not perfectly legal either. I'm not getting cranky 'cause you were having a beer..........the worst thing you did was open your mouth about it on this forum.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyacka View Post
All we had to go by was your original post of just finishing shooting, drinking beer and shouldering your gun when F&W comes along. The most direct conclusion is from what you had wrote. If that is not the case I apologize, but for future reference please be more clear on what you are doing and where the products of your use might be. Read your post again and you will understand where we are coming from.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Forget the post count......I've been drinkin beer and you might hear a shotgun fired off my back deck in a bit......lol.

Just kiddin, I wouldn't do that.......or would I?
I've done worse...........I don't drink and tell though
Old 06-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Banned

Ya see? I hope that all you guys that jumped to conclusions about the OP feel bad now. You should be ashamed of yourselves and you deserve a 10 minute time out for being bad to him. You horrible little men.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Ya see? I hope that all you guys that jumped to conclusions about the OP feel bad now. You should be ashamed of yourselves and you deserve a 10 minute time out for being bad to him. You horrible little men.
I am trying to keep my post count down....people are starting to notice

LC
Old 06-04-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Nope, blame the OP for unclearness, 20yr time out! And maybe owe the pot $20 to the PIF....
Guns & booze talk in the same sentence, save it for another forum. Case closed as far I am concerned.
WDF
Old 06-04-2013, 12:14 AM

There is a time and a place for everything.
its a shame about more rules,
but it had to happen for a reason.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:19 AM

Yep, Alberta has not managed it's crown land very well. In a great portion of Alberta, the distance you have to drive to have some outdoor recreation is crazy. Unless all you want to do is walk, or ride a mountain bike, sans dog of course.

And I agree with Jim, of course no one has any kind of control anymore. I've had a beer and then used it as a target and then deposited in the back (that's RRR right there, hippies!). I almost snapped a couple times however, with all that beer fizzling through my veins, but then I was told I shouldn't main line it.

FWIW, workers in Germany still have a beer break, and the feldschiessen a good amount of beer is consumed after (and probably an occasional before). Imagine a place that does not spontaneously erupt, with that amount of select fire, and beer in it!

Survivor of the dread covid
Pureblood!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
We did it all my life , and l,m 70 , l,m still good , its the non drinkin preachers that ruin the world trying to change and reform us to an angel that can do no wrong.
We drank beer and sighted in our guns , had some compiticion shooting , we had fun , we were brought up with brains , and gun savey, we were able to do both without any issues.
The goons now days have no brains and no one taught them , thats the difference.
So dont get on a man for having a beer and still shoot , some of us can still do both.and l,m not talking about out hunting in the field , talkin bout range backwoods target fun.

Also , how many of you here go hunting and smoke a joint/weed , heyyyyyy whattttttttt , thats what scares me.
X3 u said it jimboy its not the good old boys that grew up drinkin and shootin that scares me , what scares me are the folks who take a pal course and think they know it all then head into the bush nervous as hell shooting at wiggling bushes, common sense has been bread out of society!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:48 AM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog hunter View Post
X3 u said it jimboy its not the good old boys that grew up drinkin and shootin that scares me , what scares me are the folks who take a pal course and think they know it all then head into the bush nervous as hell shooting at wiggling bushes, common sense has been bread out of society!
One question , what does your three round group look like after a few beer look like , compared to stone sober does one sight in with a " harmless"couple of beer.
Old 06-04-2013, 05:52 AM

I don't think the OP did himself any favours in regards to how he portrayed the event in the manner that he wrote his post. It definitely makes it sound like he and Jethro and Billy Bob were havin quite the time drinkin and shootin....
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog hunter View Post
I am very wary of both types of people and will go nowhere near anyone who is drinking and shooting any sooner than someone who is scared crappless and swinging their gun in the direction that they hear stuff.
I've seen the results of someone drinking and handling guns and it's not pretty!
Cat
Old 06-04-2013, 06:15 AM

Lets lay this one to rest