Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
Don't know. I was always taught that it is respectful to attending officers to unload your firearm, leave the action open and place it more than arms length away from you when talking to FandW or the police. When they check me I don't want them worried about the gun -- common courtesy. You can see them visibly relax when you rack it open and leave it to the side before talking to them.

Talking to them with a beer in one hand and the rifle on the sling is simply rude even if it isn't illegal.
Open liquor in a public place not designated to serve or sell alcohol is an offence under the gaming and liquor act. The only exception is a picnic area designated for consumption of alcohol with food.

But having open liquor in public is minor compared to mixing any amount of alcohol with firearms, ...that is just stupid!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:45 PM

And let me know when you and your buddies are drinking and driving so I know when not to drive past there.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:45 PM

I don't post often but come on! Stop feeding the troll and he will go away!!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyacka View Post
way to miss the point and no not one of us ever gets intoxicated and shoots firearms ffs
So what exactly was the point???? You were out with some buddies doing things you love to do and a CO told you politely that the area has new rules? All I can suggest is that you take a good look at those rules. 2 of the points deal directly with firearms. Why do you think that is? Do you think restrictions will lessen in public areas in the future? My guess would be no. And when you mix open alcohol, noise, and vehicles into it things become even more difficult. If I were in your shoes I would buy those officers a coffee next time you see them, join your local range, and find a pub or a campsite to top the day off with a beer or two.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:47 PM

When I read the title...Another Natural Area Gone.....I thought something was sold or developed, that would truly mean it was gone.

Now after reading this....it sounds like it can now be used and put in the hands of responsible folks....

Just my opinion.... Take it for what it is worth.

LC
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Quote:
I was out shootin targets with a bunch of guys in the North Bruderheim Natural Area drinkin beer havin a great time and a couple of fish and wildlife officers wonder up and go on to tell me as of last fall that it is now a @#$%ing recreational area and hands me a sheet of paper with all the new rules on it as follows:

- Trails and day use areas open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. only.
- No overnight camping permitted.
- No fires
- liquor prohibited.
- Off highway vehicles permitted on the trails only.
- Off highway vehicles are not allowed on the roads.
- Firearms Discharge permit are required. contact alberta parks at
1-866-427-3582 or 780-922-3293 to obtain a permit or for any further information.
- Target shooting is prohibited.

All the while i have a beer in one hand and a SKS over my shoulder and my truck up a trail and they say yaa were tryin to get them to put up sings still but its been this way since fall thankfully they were nice about it and just asked us to pack it up but it was such a nice range or even truck 4x4 spot to have a beer and relax NOW ITS GONE! any thoughts or comments on the matter would be much appreciated and how do we stop this from happening to other natural areas that us shooters enjoy so much???
Any rust on the black dodge dually yet? Cheer up it will be summer soon! A Garden Nome and some fresh mint and it will all be a distant memory. Who cares about fish cops and rules when you can entertain yourself with moitos and lust after lawn decore!

Last edited by uglyelk; 06-03-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:52 PM

Default Your quote

Quote:
way to miss the point and no not one of us ever gets intoxicated and shoots firearms ffs
Not trying to miss represent what you said but a beer in one hand and a gun in the other, your words! Come on man, think before what you put out for all to read!
If you want to talk and act like a redneck go elsewhere. I think bessiedog got it right by calling trollarama.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:58 PM
Banned

Cmon!
Can you honestly tell me the people quading out there dont have the odd beer?
I used to use that area to shoot responsibly quite often, not drinking, and being very respectful of the land..
Nobody on here can say that quaders never have beers..
I would say that without a doubt more of these off roaders have drinks than the people I have seen shooting out here.
And tell me this: How many people have you heard about getting shot out there???
I personally know of one quader who was killed there, and one who was badly injured.
Having a beer does not mean intoxicated.
Being impaired while using guns is wrong, but did the OP say that?
Some pretty judgemental people here. WOW
Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 PM

I dunno....
Pretty easy to assume from the post.

But I did ask the OP to clarify..

Bettin we get no answer.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-03-2013, 10:04 PM

Quote:
I was out shootin targets with a bunch of guys in the North Bruderheim Natural Area drinkin beer havin a great time and a couple of fish and wildlife officers wonder up and go on to tell me as of last fall that it is now a @#$%ing recreational area and hands me a sheet of paper with all the new rules on it as follows:

- Trails and day use areas open from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. only.
- No overnight camping permitted.
- No fires
- liquor prohibited.
- Off highway vehicles permitted on the trails only.
- Off highway vehicles are not allowed on the roads.
- Firearms Discharge permit are required. contact alberta parks at
1-866-427-3582 or 780-922-3293 to obtain a permit or for any further information.
- Target shooting is prohibited.

All the while i have a beer in one hand and a SKS over my shoulder and my truck up a trail and they say yaa were tryin to get them to put up sings still but its been this way since fall thankfully they were nice about it and just asked us to pack it up but it was such a nice range or even truck 4x4 spot to have a beer and relax NOW ITS GONE! any thoughts or comments on the matter would be much appreciated and how do we stop this from happening to other natural areas that us shooters enjoy so much???
Is your trailer park too small to partake in the above activities?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerHappyHippy View Post
Cmon!
Can you honestly tell me the people quading out there dont have the odd beer?
I used to use that area to shoot responsibly quite often, not drinking, and being very respectful of the land..
Nobody on here can say that quaders never have beers..
I would say that without a doubt more of these off roaders have drinks than the people I have seen shooting out here.
And tell me this: How many people have you heard about getting shot out there???
I personally know of one quader who was killed there, and one who was badly injured.
Having a beer does not mean intoxicated.
Being impaired while using guns is wrong, but did the OP say that?
Some pretty judgemental people here. WOW
Well said... To many people on here jump to conclusions
Old 06-03-2013, 10:08 PM

You guys are getting played by a troll. Don't waste your time the sooner we ignore this thread the sooner end.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:14 PM

If it's not an intentional troll it is an inconvenient truth lol.

Why make a post with such a cavalier attitude I ask?

From the interweb: http://www.albertaparks.ca/albertapa...e-permits.aspx

North Bruderheim Rec Area: Target Shooting is Prohibited. Target shooting in a Natural Area even? They are multi-use area's.....most you can hunt in but people actually walk/hike/run/horse ride. Target shooting (what targets?) and alcohol in a natural area..........should not have been the courtesy of being given a warning.

Information:
  • Hunters require firearms discharge permits to hunt game species.
  • Target shooting is prohibited.
  • Permits can be obtained at Cooking Lake-Blackfoot Provincial Recreation Area.
Phone:780-922-3293Website:North Bruderheim Provincial Recreation AreaInformation:
Old 06-03-2013, 10:16 PM
Banned

The funny thing I always notice is this:
The members who are the first to jump down someones throat, and ASSUME whatever their pretty little minds concoct, are the members with huge number of posts. Like 1000+
These febal little men have nothing better to do than sit on here and ridicule every thread started. Get a life
I never once saw the op saying we were out shooting and gettin loaded at the same time. Before he was able, or givin a chance to clarify you guys get all over him. Why not instead ASSUME he was out shooting and then had some beers. The glass is not always have empty!

Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Is your trailer park too small to partake in the above activities?
Now that is the kind of response the OP deserves.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
The members who are the first to jump down someones throat, and ASSUME whatever their pretty little minds concoct, are the members with huge number of posts. Like 1000+
These febal little men have nothing better to do than sit on here and ridicule every thread started. Get a life
I never once saw the op saying we were out shooting and gettin loaded at the same time. Before he was able, or givin a chance to clarify you guys get all over him. Why not instead ASSUME he was out shooting and then had some beers. The glass is not always have empty!

It's half empty.

HALF empty!!!!!!!

People also need to think about what kind of picture they are painting.

It would probably be advisable not to mention likker and firearms while discussing how your day went.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 PM

You are familiar with the term irony?

.....judging those who may have made judgemental statements.....ok

Should we coddle and praise the OP? I disagree with his actions and I am not afraid to say so....so what?

Like I said, IMHO alcohol and firearms do not mix. Like other said beers after a day of hunting is acceptable when the guns are put away....

SKS in one hand and beer in the other.....if you are ok with that then that's good for you. I don't want a fellow outdoorsman to represent other outdoorsmen On public lands in that fashion..... Wonder why the organized ranges do not allow ANY alcohol....even just one?

LC
Old 06-03-2013, 10:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Yup.....if that's the kind of folks who use it then no wonder things have changed....beer, 4x4, and SKS....life of champions....

LC
We did it all my life , and l,m 70 , l,m still good , its the non drinkin preachers that ruin the world trying to change and reform us to an angel that can do no wrong.
We drank beer and sighted in our guns , had some compiticion shooting , we had fun , we were brought up with brains , and gun savey, we were able to do both without any issues.
The goons now days have no brains and no one taught them , thats the difference.
So dont get on a man for having a beer and still shoot , some of us can still do both.and l,m not talking about out hunting in the field , talkin bout range backwoods target fun.

Also , how many of you here go hunting and smoke a joint/weed , heyyyyyy whattttttttt , thats what scares me.

Last edited by Jimboy; 06-03-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:

I concoct nothing. I assumed he had an beer in his hand, drinking it, while as SKS was over his shouder.......did I read that in the OP lol. Aside from that....I wonder what the targets were? Alcohol in the the Rec Area is not permitted and target shooting is not permitted.......yet you defend this
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
SKS in one hand and beer in the other.....if you are ok with that then that's good for you. I don't want a fellow outdoorsman to represent other outdoorsmen On public lands in that fashion..... Wonder why the organized ranges do not allow ANY alcohol....even just one?

LC
Liability.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=ehntr;1991168]If it's not an intentional troll it is an inconvenient truth lol.

Why make a post with such a cavalier attitude I ask?

From the interweb: http://www.albertaparks.ca/albertapa...e-permits.aspx

North Bruderheim Rec Area: Target Shooting is Prohibited. Target shooting in a Natural Area even? They are multi-use area's.....most you can hunt in but people actually walk/hike/run/horse ride. Target shooting (what targets?) and alcohol in a natural area..........should not have been the courtesy of being given a warning.

Redneck and a troll to boot, check what what you can do and where you can do it before posting, seems like you are lucky you aren't locked up, too bad! Hope they hold less restraint next time, IMHO.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Liability.
With perhaps a hint of common sense?

LC
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimboy View Post
talkin bout range backwoods target fun.
Hey Jimboy........Bruderheim Rec Area is not the backwoods.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:29 PM

Quote:
We did it all my life , and l,m 70 , l,m still good , its the non drinkin preachers that ruin the world trying to change and reform us to an angel that can do no wrong.
We drank beer and sighted in our guns , had some compiticion shooting , we had fun , we were brought up with brains , and gun savey, we were able to do both without any issues.
The goons now days have no brains and no one taught them , thats the difference.
So dont get on a man for having a beer and still shoot , some of us can still do both.and l,m not talking about out hunting in the field , talkin bout range backwoods target fun.
Well said...
Old 06-03-2013, 10:33 PM

Good for you Jimboy....have at er.

Did you do this in an area with walking and ATV trails that the public used on a regular basis or did you do it in your "back woods" or on private land?

LC
Old 06-03-2013, 10:34 PM
Banned

Cool

Quote:
And this is why the above restrictions have been created,not every one has the level of respect as your group had!! One dummy and the sand castle turns into a body bag. ??? Really guns & alcohol =diminished capacity for good judgement.wait forget the guns. Cant fix stupid , well maybe with a big hammer.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
You are familiar with the term irony?

.....judging those who may have made judgemental statements.....ok

Should we coddle and praise the OP? I disagree with his actions and I am not afraid to say so....so what?

Like I said, IMHO alcohol and firearms do not mix. Like other said beers after a day of hunting is acceptable when the guns are put away....

LC
Agree
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
This will be closed soon, see ya! Goofs!

Also , how many of you here go hunting and smoke a joint/weed , heyyyyyy whattttttttt , thats what scares me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
Well said...
After 70 years get the point! People do not want to hear about booze and guns in a restricted area. In yer day, ya did what ya wanted but those days are over, same as much as my days as doing what ever I wanted back yonder. Both do as you like and hope I am a long frick'n way from ya'll.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:

That's the thing about drinking, you think your good because it affects your judgement. Most of the people that are picked up for impaired swear up and down they can handle it. People need to understand that others watch and read, your attitude could affect a young person enough to make a bad decision.

Thomas Sowell
Old 06-03-2013, 10:49 PM

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Closed Thread