Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post
About taking and texting well driving this law came in effect not to long ago. A couple years ago we all talked on the phone and people continue to do it and that's why I personally think it's a cash grab. Half the people here probably still text while driving, do there hair, Makeup ect.. And we have hands free head sets not to which I'm all for it.
You are proof why some animals eat their young
Old 06-03-2013, 10:38 PM

Quote:
About taking and texting well driving this law came in effect not to long ago. A couple years ago we all talked on the phone and people continue to do it and that's why I personally think it's a cash grab. Half the people here probably still text while driving, do there hair, Makeup ect.. And we have hands free head sets not to which I'm all for it. And for the record i don't live with the parents.
im guilty
Old 06-03-2013, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
im guilty
I'm sure we all are. As long as there are cell phones and vehicles no matter what the law there will always be accidents regardless.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:42 PM

Quote:
I'm sure we all are. As long as there are cell phones and vehicles no matter what the law there will always be accidents regardless.
i just try to be careful when i do it. only important stuff gets answered at red lights.

for calls i put it on speaker and put it on my lap.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 PM

Don't know whats wrong with that ? In my neck of the woods they drink beer with one hand, talk on the phone with their chin, shoot out the window with the other, and still stay on the road. WELL pretty close, oh and I forgot tossing the beer cans out with the other hand. Too many hands you say ? Well check them out, up here, they are multi taskers !
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
About taking and texting well driving this law came in effect not to long ago. A couple years ago we all talked on the phone and people continue to do it and that's why I personally think it's a cash grab. Half the people here probably still text while driving, do there hair, Makeup ect.. And we have hands free head sets not to which I'm all for it. And for the record i don't live with the parents.

Do you ever watch or listen to the news. People have been injured and killed by these actions. If this law saves 1 life its worth it. I sure hope you are the only person in your family so that you don't have to worry about some jerk doing this to a family member of yours.

Ls
Old 06-03-2013, 10:51 PM

MtnGiant I realy support you.But if you could use your energy to count how many drug dealer's on street and high schools and offer how to get rid of them it would pay our country way more imo.
Regards
Old 06-03-2013, 10:51 PM
Banned

It's time for the zoo animals to feast....
Old 06-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
MtnGiant I realy support you.But if you could use your energy to count how many drug dealer's on street and high schools and offer how to get rid of them it would pay our country way more imo.
Regards
I'll work on it next braddah
Old 06-03-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake side View Post
Do you ever watch or listen to the news. People have been injured and killed by these actions. If this law saves 1 life its worth it. I sure hope you are the only person in your family so that you don't have to worry about some jerk doing this to a family member of yours.

Ls
You are correct ok but should there be laws with people walking and texting?? Should there be a security officer on ever single bus in the city. I'm sure that would save lives to. Why not ban cell phones we would be saving lives left right and center. Well were at it let's ban alchahol for once and for all. And there should be a driving ban after 10pm that way all the drunks and texters have no choice but to take public transit or cabs but no were only human and a long as there are phones vehicles and alcohol there will unfortuantly be
accidents with a law or without one.
Old 06-03-2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
I'll work on it next braddah
You can count on me in that
Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 PM
Banned

Good thing the government decided to do somethuing so decided to draft up a new law....NOT.

Its probably gonna save as many lives as the 0.5 alcolhol thing.

We already had laws to address distracted driving and impaired driving.

They worked...as long as someone was around enforcing them.
But... they are strangely ineffective when they do not enforce them....go figure...
Old 06-03-2013, 11:01 PM

Quote:
You are correct ok but should there be laws with people walking and texting?? Should there be a security officer on ever single bus in the city. I'm sure that would save lives to. Why not ban cell phones we would be saving lives left right and center. Well were at it let's ban alchahol for once and for all. And there should be a driving ban after 10pm that way all the drunks and texters have no choice but to take public transit or cabs but no were only human and a long as there are phones vehicles and alcohol there will unfortuantly be
accidents with a law or without one.
You are correct, as long as there are people with the same type of attitude as yours people will always think that there phone, bottle or hair gel is more important than my family.

You have it all wrong there little man......grow up

Ls
Old 06-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Banned

I hope to the Heavens that you Zoo animals on here only own fishing rods and not guns!!!!!

You DO realize that the lawdogs read this forum dontchya??????
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 PM

Quote:
I hope to the Heavens that you Zoo animals on here only own fishing rods and not guns!!!!!

You DO realize that the lawdogs read this forum dontchya??????
good luck proving anything.

i killed someone last night. should i go to jail for saying that?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake side View Post
You are correct, as long as there are people with the same type of attitude as yours people will always think that there phone, bottle or hair gel is more important than my family.

You have it all wrong there little man......grow up

Ls
Man I don't do my hair well driving. I make sure my hair is tip top shape before I go out. Listen we are having a great debate. I am saying unfortunately laws don't work the way they should. People are not getting the messages, you would think we would not need any laws and that common sense would be the law. People text and drive. Why you mad at me for? I tell It how it is. People text and drive and don't care if there is a law for it or not. That's the reality about it.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Norris View Post
I witness people yapping/texting on their cellphones daily in the city. Am I shocked by this ? Nope.

I am shocked however when I see a police officer in his cruiser yapping on his cellphone. I have to do a double-take when they're driving by me.

Personally, I just turn my phone off and throw it in my shirt pocket while I'm behind the wheel. I can respond to family, work, and friends when I get to where I'm going.
Police and emergency vehicle drivers are exempt from the distracted driving law
Old 06-03-2013, 11:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
good luck proving anything.

i killed someone last night. should i go to jail for saying that?
Aaaaaaahahahahahahahha......obviously you don't know how the internet works or how it can be manipulated.

But have fun in zoolandia
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Aaaaaaahahahahahahahha......obviously you don't know how the internet works or how it can be manipulated.

But have fun in zoolandia
im not worried
Old 06-03-2013, 11:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
im not worried
That's plain obvious.
I wuz young and ignorant too... once upon a time
Old 06-03-2013, 11:35 PM

Quote:
That's plain obvious.
i think youre wrong about that
Old 06-03-2013, 11:37 PM

I can fly my plane and talk on the phone..no problem

A cop or emt on duty are ok to talk on the phone, but once off duty, they aren't qualified anymore....

Dumb law... got a ticket once, cop told me to fight it.. I did...I won!!!

texting or web surfing, different beast..IMO if your eyes come off the road, that's the problem.....

Talking to buddy next to me, is more unsafe than talking on the phone...because I don't have to turn to look at someone while i'm talking on the phone.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
I can fly my plane and talk on the phone..no problem

A cop or emt on duty are ok to talk on the phone, but once off duty, they aren't qualified anymore....

Dumb law... got a ticket once, cop told me to fight it.. I did...I won!!!

texting or web surfing, different beast..IMO if your eyes come off the road, that's the problem.....

Talking to buddy next to me, is more unsafe than talking on the phone...because I don't have to turn to look at someone while i'm talking on the phone.
X2 stupid law. Hard to enforce. Many cases get thrown out. I always thought it was to pick out the drug dealers at first when they are on there phones. But it is a great way for the city to cash in at the same time.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
That's plain obvious.
As always but anyways I am driving right now texting the police on you
Old 06-04-2013, 12:12 AM

I think the people who learned to drive before the advent of cell phones can (usually, but not always) better prioritize driving over their electronic leash than the younger adults who were texting in grade school & junior high and consider it priority 1 to update their Facebook while on the freeway. I have no reservations talking on a cell and driving my own vehicle, though I refrain in my employers wheels. I think the law is stupid and could really care less, at least so far as voice conversations go. I agree that texting is removing your eyes & attention from where they should be. Driving with undue care and attention was already a sufficient catch-all. New bad laws don't improve society any more than when the old good ones weren't enforced. I can eat a messy burger and drive because I won't flinch in the least if I dribble ketchup and burger juice all over my pants &/or shirt; heck, it will probably clean out more easily than whatever else got on them that day. A guy wearing Hugo Boss on his way to a board meeting might well swerve during the same scenario.
Old 06-04-2013, 02:52 AM

BGSH i sent a letter to my mp tonight to make a law againgt you being so non shalant tonight. If it saves one life its worth it. To everyone else to make more of an difference in driving safty lets all talk to the dumbest person we know tommorow and stress the importance of driving safe tommorow. Peer education probably could spread quick no. Screw it its all bgsh's fault.but im still gonna urge ten of my freinds to pass on the message of safe driving.