Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2013, 05:38 PM
Banned

Default Cell phone drivers

Just drove less than 2 kms there and back and counted 7 people txting or talking on their cell phones!!!!

They are not hard to spot when they're right beside me....so I'm sure there must have been more.

How many people do you see in a day using their cell phones while driving?

Also....what do you think could be done to catch and fine more offenders?
Old 06-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Gone Fishing

I hear ya man!! It is starting to really tick me off when I see these dip sticks flaunting the law as they do.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:12 PM

So your focused on what people in the car next to you are doing? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but sounds like your paying as much attention to the road as the phone junkies?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:17 PM

I remember a while back there was a cop in BC that dressed up like a bum with a sign that said "I'm a police officer, just checking to see if you're texting while driving". He caught some ridiculous number of people stopped at a red light, then his buddies would pull them over when traffic started moving again.

I bet you that would work all year round and every day of the week.

It'd sure catch me
Old 06-03-2013, 06:26 PM

Yeah, the Distracted Driving Law is a joke because it's not enforced.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM

they had a sting like that in leduc by the info center last year, lady cop in a city work truck parked in the median, looked like they were just doing work or waiting but when i drove past she had a radio and was telling about 10 cops in by safeway/zambellies parking lot who was on phones or had seatbelts off, it was a busy parking lot
Old 06-03-2013, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
So your focused on what people in the car next to you are doing? I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but sounds like your paying as much attention to the road as the phone junkies?
I wuz waiting for someone to say this......and yes I notice my surroundings.
I'm not of narrow mindedness.
And its easy to see when stopped at a light.

I wonder if someone could make a citizen's arrest if you took a picture?
Old 06-03-2013, 06:42 PM

I witness people yapping/texting on their cellphones daily in the city. Am I shocked by this ? Nope.

I am shocked however when I see a police officer in his cruiser yapping on his cellphone. I have to do a double-take when they're driving by me.

Personally, I just turn my phone off and throw it in my shirt pocket while I'm behind the wheel. I can respond to family, work, and friends when I get to where I'm going.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngiant View Post
Just drove less than 2 kms there and back and counted 7 people txting or talking on their cell phones!!!!

They are not hard to spot when they're right beside me....so I'm sure there must have been more.

This is too tough of a question for me. It would have been easier to count the people not using there phones ( me + 2 others and a dog = 4 )

Dodger.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:

Oh durn don't get me started again. I'll tell you $1000 first time, $5000 second time, third time lose drivers license 3 months. Same for speeders hit them where it hurts their wallet
Old 06-03-2013, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishgut View Post
Oh durn don't get me started again. I'll tell you $1000 first time, $5000 second time, third time lose drivers license 3 months. Same for speeders hit them where it hurts their wallet
Thats a good system BUT!!!!!.....you gotta catch em 1st.

It's mutha friggn rampant and blatant!!!!!!

And I'm sick of missing a light because of these dirtbags.....especially the lil chicky's. I just wanna run my truck into em....no joke
Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 PM

I shake my head all day long driving, handsfree is $59.00 for a real good Motorola.

But the shaking may be early onset Parkinson's.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-03-2013, 07:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
I shake my head all day long driving, handsfree is $59.00 for a real good Motorola.

But the shaking may be early onset Parkinson's.
Hahahaha.....ya age is a demon
Old 06-03-2013, 07:25 PM
Banned

DEMERITS...end of story
Old 06-03-2013, 07:25 PM

Texting and driving is so easy. Shouldn't even be a law about it. But woman doing there hair/making and checking me out besides them is very distracting and there should be laws for that.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGSH View Post
Texting and driving is so easy. Shouldn't even be a law about it. But woman doing there hair/making and checking me out besides them is very distracting and there should be laws for that.
Have another drink braddah....your not slurring your words yet w/ incomprehension
Old 06-03-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Have another drink braddah....your not slurring your words yet w/ incomprehension
The same amount of accidents are happening with the law in place as with out the law in place. People are gonna speed and text regairdless of the laws. Let's wake up people. The average person doesn't care about the distracting law in place. It is what it is. I know a lot of people that say it's just a cash grab and who knows it might be but is there really any reasonable proof that this law is saving lifes?
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35 PM

Quote:
and checking me out besides them is very distracting and there should be laws for that.

and henceforth it is now against the law to check out BGSH while driving if you are female.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:41 PM

Look we can't change the world unfortunately it's a grim grim place. I bet more drivers fail to use singles then texting. Police do it all the time. And for pedestrians crossing at a crosswalk how many cars does it take for one to stop. Probably ten will go by before the first car stops to let them cross.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:44 PM

You are safer with me driving and texting on the road than 1/2 of the people that recieved their license from the cracker jack box. Give me an option to be certified to multitask while driving( a texting endorsement on my license).
The people with hands a 10 and 2, starring down the road, driving in blind spots or not knowing someone is in their blind spot, who won't pass but don't leave room for others to pass, can't parallel park, don't know how a 4 way or 2 way stop work...... Are much more dangerous.
Bad drivers are bad drivers end of story, but everything theses days is made for the lowest common denominator.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Look we can't change the world unfortunately it's a grim grim place. I bet more drivers fail to use singles then texting. Police do it all the time. And for pedestrians crossing at a crosswalk how many cars does it take for one to stop. Probably ten will go by before the first car stops to let them cross.
if the pedestrian isn't making it known they want to cross... why stop!

they have to raise there arm and point the direction of travel they want to go LOL.

and then put a foot onto the crosswalk, then its law you have to stop!

the only reason i say this, ive been that 10th person to stop, AND THEY DONT EVEN CROSS THEY JUST STAND THERE.... looking around, like a lost bird. if they dont take the initiative to indicate, even a bit that they want to cross i dont stop.

Last edited by zero; 06-03-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
How much practice does it take on a daily basis to become a complete idiot? For most people they could not find the time to practice long enough or hard enough, thus it probably takes you only long enough to open your mouth or fumble with your fingers to prove it!!! Still living in mommy's basement at her expense?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Texting and driving is so easy. Shouldnt even be a law about it. But woman doing there hair/making and checking me out besides them is very distracting and there should be laws for that.

I hope the hell this is a joke post....right? I'm truly speachless.....when are you going back to BC?

LS
Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 PM

Quote:

May be they are responding to your thread?
Old 06-03-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
if the pedestrian isn't making it known they want to cross... why stop!

they have to raise there arm and point the direction of travel they want to go LOL.

and then put a foot onto the crosswalk, then its law you have to stop!

the only reason i say this, ive been that 10th person to stop, AND THEY DONT EVEN CROSS THEY JUST STAND THERE.... looking around, like a lost bird. if they dont take the initiative to indicate, even a bit that they want to cross i dont stop.
i just start walking. their at fault if they hit me. but i do watch to make sure they are slowing down so i dont get run over haha
Old 06-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake side View Post
I hope the hell this is a joke post....right? I'm truly speachless.....when are you going back to BC?

LS
August and Sept for Steelheadn.....but I'll be back

And if not.....the internet does work in BC....so you can contact me anytime braddah heheehehehe

Oh sorry....I'm not BSGH hahahhaa
Old 06-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
May be they are responding to your thread?

Maybe....And I'll ask em when I see em.
But I doubt all those chicks are AOF members
Old 06-03-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
The same amount of accidents are happening with the law in place as with outthe the law in place. People are gonna speed and text regairdless of the laws. Let's wake up people. The average person doesn't care about the distracting law in place. It is what it is. I know a lot of people that say it's just a cash grab and who knows it might be but is there really any reasonable proof that this law is saving lifes?

Do you need someone to take you to the hospital?? I think you have a virus from breathing in all that mold in your mothers damp basement, or did you hit your head. I am very concerned. Let us know please.

Ls
Old 06-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
You had better tell your Momma that your meds arent working!!!!!
Old 06-03-2013, 10:35 PM

About taking and texting well driving this law came in effect not to long ago. A couple years ago we all talked on the phone and people continue to do it and that's why I personally think it's a cash grab. Half the people here probably still text while driving, do there hair, Makeup ect.. And we have hands free head sets not to which I'm all for it. And for the record i don't live with the parents.