Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Gun club issues should be discussed by gun club members as far as I am concerned.
Cat
What bothers me is when good guys get slagged. For the record, Rem 260 is a much loved and respected member of the SPFGA. To imply that he's done anything underhanded or devious or that he would lie at his membership is just wrong.

About the only beef I have with him is that he bombs around on that green hotrod and empties the garbages before I get the chance to pick through them and get the good stuff out!

The only beef I have with the club (and this goes for the gun community at large) - is that we are not taking advocacy seriously. I really think we need to ramp up our efforts against the antigun agenda and the liberal scum that drive it.
Old 06-02-2013, 02:15 PM

Default Bad thread

Cat, I hate to say this but I hope no anti's have access to this thread!
It could be used to prove some gun owners are true idiots, and actually prove it by stating things publicly.
Might be well advised that this thread be retired.
sst
Old 06-02-2013, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Gun club issues should be discussed by gun club members as far as I am concerned.
Reading this thread, it appears that some people actually belief that AFGA owns all ranges run by clubs affiliated with the AFGA, including SPFGA. However, that isn't at all the case.While our club(FMFG) is affiliated with the AFGA, FMFG owns our range, and we fund our projects, including the purchase of new equipment, and securing new property. Now if someone was to contact AFGA regarding FMFG range business, I don't believe that AFGA would respond, and rightly so, since they don't speak for FMFG.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 06-02-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty P. Bucket View Post
What bothers me is when good guys get slagged. For the record, Rem 260 is a much loved and respected member of the SPFGA. To imply that he's done anything underhanded or devious or that he would lie at his membership is just wrong.

About the only beef I have with him is that he bombs around on that green hotrod and empties the garbages before I get the chance to pick through them and get the good stuff out!

The only beef I have with the club (and this goes for the gun community at large) - is that we are not taking advocacy seriously. I really think we need to ramp up our efforts against the antigun agenda and the liberal scum that drive it.
I'm not sure what you are getting at.
the original intent of this thread was to discredit the AFGA, not any one member.
I was referring to the fact that the OP told me i should start asking questions of a club I have no membership in, and it seems that it has gone completely off track from there.
For the record, have no affiliation with the Sherwood park club, the Spruce grove club, or any iother club for that matter other than the FMFGA.

I also know some of the members mentioned in this thread, maybe not others, and but as I pointed put earlier, the fact that the OP wanted to raise questions about the integrity of the Sherwood Park club and the AFGA has nothing to do with me nor anyone else that is not involved in that club.

Cat
Old 06-02-2013, 04:49 PM

Default gun clubs

The biggest problem with most gun clubs, is that people can hide from making statements that they could be liable for. (not unlike a politician)
These same nameless people never want to do anything for a club
Ie: provide labor, donate extra finances, be part of the executive and most wont even attend a meeting.
But on here they holler and scream because they paid a membership and don't like how things are run.
They don't have any facts and in most instances they wildly wave their arms and swear that hear-say is fact!
Its a fact that most gun clubs have very few active members, some clubs may have 5 or 6 and others might have 20 or 25 show up for the club work or regular meetings.
And then these same members are criticized by others who pay their membership and feel they are owners?
Remember if you only pay a membership and do nothing else your only A USERand your membership card should reflect that.
Being a volunteer for 20 or 30 years makes a person say if you dont like it
show up and do something, and quit bitching.
And remember everything is passed by a majority of voters. And things should be kept in house by those who donate their time.
If you don't like it, start your own club and build a gun range that you can run your way.... and everyone will be happy... Right.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:31 PM

What a bunch of coincidences. Yesterday (at SPFGA annual Work Party), GI's name was mentioned ... a member had reported a concern to an Exec Member about being approached by GI ...after being upset by GI's criticism of Exec. Today, "dick bitchko" joins AO and revives this thread, using a handle that is so close to GI's actual name, I'm thinking perhaps someone is trying to "out" him ...or is it him? Hmmm. No doubt he is "smart", but is he "gifted"
At the end of the day, I went home thinking how proud members should be ... of the SPFGA facility, especially after about 60 members came out to volunteer their time and made the whole 720 acres sparkle.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:45 PM
Banned

Old 06-02-2013, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
What a bunch of coincidences. Yesterday (at SPFGA annual Work Party), GI's name was mentioned ... a member had reported a concern to an Exec Member about being approached by GI ...after being upset by GI's criticism of Exec. Today, "dick bitchko" joins AO and revives this thread, using a handle that is so close to GI's actual name, I'm thinking perhaps someone is trying to "out" him ...or is it him? Hmmm. No doubt he is "smart", but is he "gifted"
At the end of the day, I went home thinking how proud members should be ... of the SPFGA facility, especially after about 60 members came out to volunteer their time and made the whole 720 acres sparkle.
Let me guess, nether a intuitive and gifted person, or anyone named Rich, Richard, Ricky, or even Dick took part in the range day?

There are no absolutes
Old 06-02-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick284 View Post
Let me guess, nether a intuitive and gifted person, or anyone named Rich, Richard, Ricky, or even Dick took part in the range day?
I can only speak to Annual Work Party attendance since 2002 -- but nope ... never participated. It would have been a great opportunity to speak to Exec members directly about concerns as many of them participated.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I can only speak to Annual Work Party attendance since 2002 -- but nope ... never participated. It would have been a great opportunity to speak to Exec members directly about concerns as many of them participated.
Isn't it funny that the same people are always volunteering their time at the range, to work on the range,serve as an RSO, or by serving on the executive, and other people choose not to volunteer their time, but are sure to complain at every opportunity. We have a club whose membership will top 200 this year, but it's always the same core of volunteers that volunteer their time to help out.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Isn't it funny that the same people are always volunteering their time at the range, to work on the range,serve as an RSO, or by serving on the executive, and other people choose not to volunteer their time, but are sure to complain at every opportunity. We have a club whose membership will top 200 this year, but it's always the same core of volunteers that volunteer their time to help out.
Must have missed a zero,that would be 2,000 IIRC!
Cat
Old 06-02-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Must have missed a zero,that would be 2,000 IIRC!
Right you are, I missed a zero, we will easily top 2000 members this year.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:28 PM

With regard to the OP "theme" --- I just don't understand the concern for SPFGA as the club is probably one of the best managed in the country. In addition to owning the 720 acres of which the Ranges sit on only one quarter section, the club has an impressive bank balance with a few hundred thousand $ in the cookie jar.
The population density in the area is relatively sparce down-range. A developer has submitted a couple subdivision applications on an adjoining quarter and has been turned down by administration and by the subdivision authority on appeal in each case. It would be reasonable to assume, the County has sent a fairly direct message to the developer regarding the prospect for subdivision. SPFGA has communicated it's willingness to purchase the property at fair market value. Any suggestion to bail out of a perfectly good aircraft is questionable.
With respect to the NCC agreement, due process and proper consultation was followed...the deal was sealed and is reality. Period.
Sounds like the facility at Ft Mac is another rising star. That is good news... But regarding "volunteers" ... like most organizations, it is always 1% that get directly involved...and nothing wrong with that, because lots of folks have busy lives...and don't mind paying their fair share to support activities.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:32 PM

As a SPFGA member and user of the range I appreciate the work of the executive and the "grounds crew" to make the place what it is....

I was hoping the range clean up day would fall on a different day than it did as I had an archery tournament I committed to....I will have to resort to taking down targets that other members neglected to take down as my contribution throughout the year

LC
Old 06-02-2013, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Sounds like the facility at Ft Mac is another rising star.
Our facility is growing in leaps and bounds, and we are expanding to meet the demand. However ,not having settlement in the near vicinity, is certainly a bonus for us, and is one of the main reasons, that we can look at expanding, rather than concentrating on just surviving. The one thing that I will miss about retiring and moving South, is that I am very aware that I won't have the same kind of access to the caliber of facility that I do now.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:03 AM

Default Prostitute

I congratulate every club in Alberta for trying to make things work with what they have.
Despite many of the people who only pay a fee and use their facility.
One thing that I believe is right about this thread title, is the use of Prostitute.
But as I see it GI is right, but in the wrong way.
Some members prostitute gun clubs...... they pay a fee and shoot their load..
They don't provide in addition to the fee, anything ....... other then being a sperm donor.... what do they expect......
Then there are members who put a roof over their heads, paint the dam place, rake the place, pic up garbage, scold the abusers, and in general' not unlike a home owning family man, do all those extra things.
So In short you can be a sperm donor with a prostitute for your money, and shut up or leave and find a better prostitute.
Or you can be club owner who try's his best to provide for his club and make things better for all and caring for not only himself but the club itself.

Simply put members are tired of JOHN'S and these JOHN'S are luck to be let into the community (club).
I digress.
SST
Old 06-03-2013, 01:42 PM
Banned

Default Prostitution in any form is wrong single shot

In Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:56 PM

I agree hence "those who simple pay, fornicate,verbally spew falsehoods,and leave satisfied." beware the true heart's and soles of the clubs are tired of serving you.
sst
Old 06-03-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Bitchko View Post
In Jude 1:7
Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
you need to be banned for wasting bandwidth on this garbage post.
Old 06-03-2013, 06:02 PM
Banned

My apologies for offending you jryley.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:21 PM
Banned

Well after my personal right to exercise my religious beliefs have again been smashed down by a poster. I now know how GI feels when he get attacked for his beliefs. Maybe a better way for him/her to get their point across is in a less direct manner. I suggest a sock puppet show at the SPFGA. Several white socks to represent the responsible gun owners, black ones to represent the Gestapo, a couple grey ones to be the dim witted uneducated supporters of the Gestapo (one should have a scruffy red beard that is worn to hide this "socks" true identity). One plaid wool sock would be our hero, stronger and smarter than the rest he would lead us to the truth about what is really going on.

I think it would work, I can kick in a few socks, need some extra arms though....who is in?
Oh...can one of the white socks have a little ghillie suit
Closed Thread