Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-25-2016, 12:45 PM

Default Boyd's Stock Order

Pretty quickly figured out that with Boyd's new shipping cost, ordering one stock or two cost almost exactly the same in shipping. Unfortunately only need one right now and don't foresee needing another any time soon as I have a pretty good selection of unused ones already. Anybody else in Edmonton thinking of ordering a stock in the next few days, we might be able to double up and save $25 bucks or so each.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:27 AM

Kind of surprised but no takers so far. Guess the drop in the dollar and the rise in USPS mailing costs has made these not nearly the great bargain they used to be, what was $135 landed ($99 for the stock plus $40 Cdn shipping and GST) is now $240 with exchange and shipping ($129 x1.35 for exchange and GST plus $65 Cdn shipping). Still cheaper than any of the other alternatives I can find though. May have to go it on my own.
Old 05-27-2016, 08:49 AM

I think your offer is a great one, if I needed anything from them I would be all over it.
Old 05-27-2016, 09:18 AM

Appreciate the thought, good news is I found someone who is interested so we both get to save a little on shipping.
Old 05-27-2016, 11:24 PM

See you found someone to pair up with. Still going ahead? I am late to the party
Old 05-28-2016, 09:37 AM

I think Boyd's is still good value for the most part. I just got a Rossi 92 shoulder stock for my Ranch Hand. 8 days from order to arrival, $55. for the stock & 18.50 shipping. The stock's color is a perfect match for the RH's forend; they state on the order page the stock may require some fitting, mine would if I wanted a display rifle; for a truck gun I can't be bothered with taking about 1/32 in off both sides where it mounts to the tang, and refinishing the whole thing.
What a difference! This is now an ultra-short bush carbine; very quick handling, and I'm really impressed with how accurate it is, even with crummy buckhorn sites on it. Using a support; fence post, tree, large rock, etc. it punches all 7 rds into a 4in group at 80 meters. I may go after a deer with itthis year.

Also, in case anyone is wondering, unlike the US where this would hake it an SPB needing a tax stamp, that's not an issue here (Alberta) CFO confirmed adding a shoulder stock did NOTHING "bad" to the gun, si it stays unrestricted
Old 05-28-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flight01 View Post
See you found someone to pair up with. Still going ahead? I am late to the party
Unfortunately, order has gone in already. The specials Boyd's had on were selling out fast so couldn't wait very long.