Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-06-2013, 11:49 AM

Default Look out blind Critters !!

Well thanks to PeteW here I am shooting my first stick bow in 30 something years, without aging myself lets just say it has been a while..

I still not sure how but somehow I ended up with PeteW's brand new 54" BearPaw lil Sioux which I affectionately named her "Baby Sue".

With a matched set of feathered arrows from dennis at Git-R-Done archery ..I was eager to try the good looking Lil bow...I still cant get over how light this is...

Anyway since everthing is like riding a bike..I stepped up to the 10 yard range and drew the first arrow...OMG what happened to the let off...lol

At 55+ lbs I had to really struggle to draw back to my anchor..several times...

Its a whole new world once again..but I had a blast and and by the end of the evening I could actual reach my anchor and hit the proverbial pie plate...at 10 yards..lol

I will be practising at 10 yards for a couple weeks then move back to 20 yards...and if I can keep them grouped into the center of that pie plate I will take it hunting this spring...look out all those dont see so good critters..lol

Will she take "snow Cammy's" place, My HeliM.?..I dont think so, but im willing to open up some new adventures...

I highly recommed trying a stick bow if you get the chance and give it a chance..I forgot how fun it is...

Neil
Old 03-06-2013, 06:42 PM

Glad to see you like it. The actual draw weight at 28" on it is 54# to the front of the riser. AMO draw weight will be a pound or 2 less.
I hated to let it go, however the good news is the Black version is being made for me as we type this. The name has been chosen by bearpaw bows as the Blackfoot. This version is being made with bamboo and carbon stabil-core limbs under black glass, with a black phenolic riser. There are only 6 being produced now, and they are all coming to Alberta. I do know where the first 3 are going, and 1 of those will be to me.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:38 AM

Smile Blind Game

Does this mean you will also be
hunting sighted game? lol
Old 03-10-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcfby07 View Post
Does this mean you will also be
hunting sighted game? lol
Love it
Old 03-10-2013, 11:43 AM

Right on LOST, I really want to get into traditional archery, just want to find the right bow and finances.

Btw how do you establish which ones are the blind ones, I don't think I've ever seen big game with a seeing eye dog. Do you use brail in your scrapes??

Stik'em
Old 03-11-2013, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stik'em View Post
Right on LOST, I really want to get into traditional archery, just want to find the right bow and finances.

Btw how do you establish which ones are the blind ones, I don't think I've ever seen big game with a seeing eye dog. Do you use brail in your scrapes??

Stik'em
ReallY??? shessh way to easy Im just gonna look for the ones wearing cool shades lol...

these are absolutely the right bows and price...

JMHO
Neil
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 PM

image.jpg

Here you go....I found her!!

Stik'em
Old 03-12-2013, 09:35 AM

LOL ..there you go ha ha
Old 03-12-2013, 09:34 PM

Smile Trophy Shades

I'm sure thats a trophy '' Lost'' ,those have to be Oakleys!! lol