Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 03-03-2013, 10:50 PM

The organizers did a great job on the mother!! I had a good time, everything went pretty smooth as far as I could see, targets were good, noveltie shoots looked like allot of fun,

Big big thank you on behalf of us archers, thank you for injecting some fun into our community and putting some priority on the youth! They are the future of our sport. Can't wait to get back down there next year, Once again good job!!

My thoughts and prayers to the feller who needed the medical assistance during the awards. I hope everything is ok and your back on your feet in no time!!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:01 AM

HAD A GREAT TIME AS WELL ,THE SPONSORS OF MATTHEWS WAS AWESOME, TROPY BOOK PERSONAL WERE FRIENDLY AND GOOD TO JOKE WITH ALLIN IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST MOTHERS AND PAT AND REST OF ORGANIZERS DID ANOTHER GREAT JOB AGAIN HATS OFF TO YOU ALL AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE OLDER GUY AND FAMILY. THANKS AGAIN AND SEE YOU NEXT YEAR
Old 03-04-2013, 07:06 AM

Was my first time there....great event had a lot of fun. Will definitely be back.

Also hope that the fellow who had the medical emergency has a full recovery.

LC
Old 03-04-2013, 07:56 AM

Default Moas

Best one I’ve been to, to date. No complaining from certain people made it FUN.......and all that was lost last year. Huge credit to Alberta Allied Archers to make sure this year was better. You all did a great job and deserve a huge "PAT" on the back.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 AM

Dang Im sorry I missed it this year...wont let that happen again...hope everyone had a great time..

Neil
Old 03-04-2013, 09:20 AM

Does anyone know if the results will be posted online?
Old 03-04-2013, 09:30 AM

They will be posted probably within the week. Just so everyone knows mike is doing fine he was back at home last night with his wife. All the scores were on his computers so please be patient with us and we will post as soon as we can. Thank you to everyone for coming out this year and we hope you had a great time and will come back and do it again next year.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 PM

It was my first time and we had alot of fun. Thanks for putting on a great shoot.
Old 03-04-2013, 12:33 PM

Awesome shoot this year. Everything felt a little bit more relaxed this year. Ended up winning my class and was hoping for a cheque but apparently they started the next class up from me.
Next year is a go!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 03:16 PM

Default Mother of All Shoots

I'm glad Mike is back at home. A huge thanks to all the volunteers, vendors, sponsers and organisers for hosting such a great event. The shoot was very well done but I think the people i met and the knowledge I gained are what really made it special for me. Thanks again and see you all next year!!

Darcy
Old 03-04-2013, 03:22 PM

This years shoot was awesome as usual. I've been going for a few years and wouldn't miss it. I was glad to see that the show wasn't lacking anything compared to last year with the drop of the Hoyt sponsor. As others have said if anything it was a little more relaxed and easier going this year. Everyone did a great job. It's always good to see the guys like Jimbows helping with sponsoring the event.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:33 PM

Stopped in last year to visit B.I.L. on my way through town. Joined in this year with a new bow that was sighted in at 20 yds only. Haven't shot 200 arrows in the last 5 yrs. Still had a blast. Broke 600 pts. Will definitely be back next year.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:35 PM

Was a great time, Met some AO members which was great. Shot terrible but enjoyed a great weekend. Big thanks to all the sponsors and volunteers to another great shoot. Cant wait till next year
Old 03-04-2013, 10:57 PM

Was there much traditional shooting going on? Or mostly the high tech compound guys? I stopped by Saturday late afternoon and took a look and really only saw compounds everywhere. Even all the vendors that where there and at the red deer sportsman show was all about compound and tech toys.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:59 PM

There were a few trad guys.... Some really good ones too!

LC
Old 03-04-2013, 11:11 PM

Default sponsor

Like thanks all of you shooter that stopped by and had a peek at the optics I had on display, perhaps we'll have some for sale at next years mother. FS
Old 03-05-2013, 04:14 PM

Default moas scores

Just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of the sponsors and shooters who attendied this years Mother of All Shoots. Here are the final scores
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2013 MOAS FINAL RESULTS.pdf (224.3 KB, 329 views)
Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 PM

thanks
Old 03-05-2013, 08:28 PM

Thumbs up

Had an absolute blast at this years shoot! got to hang out with the Jim Bow's Archery crew , Launch some arrows! and meet some fantastic people. Thanks to everyone who helped put this event together, hell of allot of work, and a hell of allot of fun!!

Scores are up! Ut Oh... Lol

Cheers
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rielbowhunter View Post
thanks
You shot great bud. Congrats!!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:13 PM

Default moas

My sincere thanks to all those who have posted, emailed, and called wishing me well with my inadvertent ‘collapse’ during the closing ceremonies (I’m waiting for the bill from the Westerner with regards to the dent my hard head made in their concrete floor…). Note to self: ‘When the ladies in the office are telling me to take a break and sit down to eat & drink something – I’ll pay more attention in the future… I’m feeling back to my “old grumpy self”, but just wanted to again pass along a sincere thanks for those who expressed concern – it was greatly appreciated!

Our crews make every effort to ensure the weekend is a fun-filled family oriented weekend enjoyed by all – sometimes the cost being the proper taking care of own selves… I can’t say enough about the volunteer efforts put forth by the CAAA & BAAA crews to host a first-class event!! I truly believe this was the most relaxed and enjoyable event we’ve seen in several years (I know we would have made John’s vision proud!!).

Additionally, thanks again to Mathews, Maple Leaf Archery Distributors, and Trophy Book Archery (and all the other numerous sponsors) for their generous contributions! I hope all of you had an excellent weekend, and we look forward to seeing you next year! Until then, Godspeed and good health to all.

Sincerely,

Mike Screen

Co-chair

2013 MOAS Organizing Committee
Old 03-07-2013, 12:00 AM

Glad to hear your ok Mike. Thanks for all the hard work you put in for the well being of our sport. I gotta say my favorite part of all would be the emphasis you folks put into making sure the youth had a little extra incentive to shoot, they are the future of archery. The mini grand prix was good watching.

At the end of it all we all need to do our part in making sure archery has a future, wether it be taking a half hour every now and then to help a kid shoot better, or volunteering for different events held by your local club, or just entering a shoot to show support for the host club. In the end it all helps.

Thank you Mike, and the rest of your crew. I look forward to attending the mother for years to come.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:00 PM
Banned

Nice shootin TOG
Old 03-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Coyote View Post
Nice shootin TOG
Lol. Thanks. Stinky Coyote. Not the end result I was going for but still a great time.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
There were a few trad guys.... Some really good ones too!

LC
There was a couple of us there for sure couple of team canada members there. was a great shoot and well run. thanks for all the fun.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Mike.

Travis