Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-07-2010, 06:00 PM

Default Needing a trigger for a 1917 Enfield

I have a 1917 Enfield, 5-box mag, that I am needing a trigger for. It has the standard military trigger, but I need a replacement and they are extremely hard to find. Any ideas on where to look?
Old 10-07-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattNight View Post
I have a 1917 Enfield, 5-box mag, that I am needing a trigger for. It has the standard military trigger, but I need a replacement and they are extremely hard to find. Any ideas on where to look?
Lemme check ( rummage rummage- mumble), I think Ii have a few of them!
Cat
Old 10-07-2010, 08:16 PM

My P-17, which has been highly modified, has a Timney trigger and a Dayton Traister speed lock which converts the cocking system from cock on close to cock on opening and reduces lock time significantly. The trigger is far nicer than anything you'll find on a modern rifle with the exception of maybe a Kimber 8400.
If this is a rifle you plan on shooting quite a bit or even not shooting a lot but plan on keeping for a long time, then I'd highly recommend the conversion. The speed lock kit dosn't require any gunsmithing, just unscrew the old cocking piece and turn in the new one.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:18 PM

Just to get things clear, are you looking of a factory trigger or a Timney - Dayton/Traistor type of accessory trigger?
Cat
Old 10-10-2010, 06:32 AM

I'm looking for any kind of trigger that will fit that I can adjust or that doesn't have the horrible military trigger. I was steered to Huber Concepts. My gunsmith is checking them out. I will send you a check if I have to. I may need to put him in contact with you.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:38 AM

What I have is a military trigger, sorry!
Cat
Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattNight View Post
I'm looking for any kind of trigger that will fit that I can adjust or that doesn't have the horrible military trigger. I was steered to Huber Concepts. My gunsmith is checking them out. I will send you a check if I have to. I may need to put him in contact with you.
Why don't you just drop in a Timney, you won't be dissapointed, nor do you have to install the speedlock kit. Just the trigger alone makes a huge difference.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:13 AM

I installed a Huber Concept trigger on my AIA Lee Enfield. It was really easy and after some trial and error I finally have a decent single stage trigger. The trigger that came on the rifle was really heavy and clunky. Well worth the money.