Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
No woe is me about it. I know its hard to admit that there was an inequality for how Native veterans were treated compared to White veterans because it goes against the arguments of "everyone has endured hardships". Yes other races have had hardships and that is why many of them flock to Canada but it was Canada itself that caused the hardships for many Natives and I'm quite sure the White veterans were denied benefits when they came home after fighting for their country they wouldn't remain quiet about it either.

I call BS as well because it is illegal for First Nations or Metis to sell game and or body parts and trophy hunting is not supported under the Metis harvesting. More fear mongering.....
Many other races that flocked to Canada, came because their own country inflicted hardships, or worse an invading country did. The ones that were invaded I guarentee you weren't offered what Canada's natives got, or else they might have stayed put too!!!

Do they have to turn in their heads, or other body parts to F&W??? or is it their property after harvest??? and what is the definition of trophy, is it a buck, or are they only allowed to shoot does???
Old 07-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pottymouth View Post
Many other races that flocked to Canada, came because their own country inflicted hardships, or worse an invading country did. The ones that were invaded I guarentee you weren't offered what Canada's natives got, or else they might have stayed put too!!!

Do they have to turn in their heads, or other body parts to F&W??? or is it their property after harvest??? and what is the definition of trophy, is it a buck, or are they only allowed to shoot does???
the cases im referring to were under the IMHA. one of the guys in the court case and his kid took 2 400 ish bull elk at suffield within weeks of the initial announcement of the deal. the kid took a 180 mule buck just after christmas of the first year of the IMHA as well....among other antlered game. the other guy i mentioned killed 4 bighorn rams. i dont know what constitutes a trophy in anyone elses eyes...but 2 of them were awful small by nearly anyones standards....the other two were not full curls.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
the cases im referring to were under the IMHA. one of the guys in the court case and his kid took 2 400 ish bull elk at suffield within weeks of the initial announcement of the deal. the kid took a 180 mule buck just after christmas of the first year of the IMHA as well....among other antlered game. the other guy i mentioned killed 4 bighorn rams. i dont know what constitutes a trophy in anyone elses eyes...but 2 of them were awful small by nearly anyones standards....the other two were not full curls.
this is my problem with it as well,as ISB stated trophy animals were dropping like flies all over the province,like some of the old timers say you can't eat horns,so i guess these guys were'nt hungry and were just hunting for trophy's,this is what i don't agree with.
Closed Thread