Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-28-2017, 05:57 PM

Default Way to embarrass yourselves AGAIN Vancouver

Vancouver is at it again. Protesting Trump who is supporting the local economy and providing jobs, the nerve of that guy!

The comments after the story say it all..

Global shows it's hand daily with the constant Trump dump. It's all over the website and it's rare when they don't lead off the news with it. I used to enjoy Global, now they are just fake news

http://globalnews.ca/news/3278380/pr...ncouver-opens/
Old 02-28-2017, 05:59 PM

If they actually think they are making a difference good luck.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:05 PM

The Mayor of Vancouver endorsing a petition to have the name of the building changed. Grow up Vancouver

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...tson-1.3367049
Old 02-28-2017, 06:06 PM

The building could be called the Windmill, because they're all tilting at it.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:34 PM

The media dumps on Trump for a reason. Trump knows the media is controlled, just not by him. So who wants the world against Trump? And if nobody likes him who really cares when his vehicle suddenly goes out of control hits a concrete pillar and magically explodes. We have had carpet fires burn down a hundred story high rise magically after a kerosene fueled fire. Nobody cares except those who control it. Trump knows all about how fires burn down steel high rises because he builds them, puts him in a dangerous position.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:36 PM

It's a pretty unpopular building around town .
Old 02-28-2017, 06:51 PM

Looks like I'm going to stay there now. I have a bunch of travel points burning a hole in my pocket. I can drink over priced beer and look at the weirdos protest maybe catch a game.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:51 PM
Banned

What do you expect from the people that live on the "Left Coast"

All of those smug self righteous A-Holes most likely were there protesting against the test drilling for the twinning of the Kinder Morgan pipeline on Burnaby mountain.Show up en masse in their luxury SUV's and fight for parking and leave about 2 tons of garbage behind at the "protest" camp and then drive home and feel all good about themselves for protesting the twinning of an already existing pipeline whilst living as total energy consuming hypocrites.

Cant discuss it with them though as it is like talking to an indoctrinated brainwashed religeous zealot who plugs his ears and jumps up and down and shouts " NO...NO...NO" as you pepper him with actual FACTS.

FTH
Old 02-28-2017, 07:21 PM

Funny how they don't seem to have a problem with Chinese companies investing in their city, a country with actual abuse of human rights (as opposed to just saying mean things)
Old 02-28-2017, 07:24 PM

I don't purport to be a fan of Trumps, but I get colossal kick out of Canadian's protesting him and any US politics. News flash people, you don't get to vote in the US so maybe pay attention to what's happening within our own borders? Maybe cast some scrutiny on OUR leader?!
Old 02-28-2017, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I don't purport to be a fan of Trumps, but I get colossal kick out of Canadian's protesting him and any US politics. News flash people, you don't get to vote in the US so maybe pay attention to what's happening within our own borders? Maybe cast some scrutiny on OUR leader?!
X2
Old 02-28-2017, 07:32 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
We have a leader

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-28-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
He's generally a pretty unpopular guy so I guess that's why they are protesting the building. People that stay in cheezy, glitzy hotels, like this one, are very susceptible to something that's not perceived as being "the most popular". Boycotting Ivanka Trumps products is working (my wife tells me Winners is full of her product) so I guess this will too.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
We have a leader
That is VERY debatable .......
Old 02-28-2017, 07:40 PM

Those idjits need to take care of their own back yard before starting foolish petitions demanding a building's name be changed
They didn't have an issue with before
Cat
Old 02-28-2017, 07:42 PM

100 people protesting in Vancouver with a population of 2.832 million.

So .000035 % of the population is protesting and you are lumping the whole city as embarrassing?

1 in 28,000 people decided to protest. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

This isn't news and it's hardly worth even talking about
Old 02-28-2017, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshawn View Post
100 people protesting in Vancouver with a population of 2.832 million.

So .000035 % of the population is protesting and you are lumping the whole city as embarrassing?

1 in 28,000 people decided to protest. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

This isn't news and it's hardly worth even talking about
Nope it's not I have always had a very hard time figuring out why some people think they know everything .
Cat
Old 02-28-2017, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnthehat View Post
Those idjits need to take care of their own back yard before starting foolish petitions demanding a building's name be changed
They didn't have an issue with before
Cat
You're right. The wingnuts that run city hall in Vancouver did actually fall all over themselves when the building was first started. They now have a bit of mud on their faces now that it's here and the whole world now knows what kind of idiot it's name sake is.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott h View Post
He's generally a pretty unpopular guy so I guess that's why they are protesting the building. People that stay in cheezy, glitzy hotels, like this one, are very susceptible to something that's not perceived as being "the most popular". Boycotting Ivanka Trumps products is working (my wife tells me Winners is full of her product) so I guess this will too.
Curious then that they don't protest the Russian Embassy after Russia just made spousal abuse legal? Maybe they should protest at the embassies of nations where women are second class citizens or where pollution is insane? Maybe they could go educate someone in North Korea?

There's lots of places worse off, but they seem to feel some kind of investment or ownership in the USA because they holiday there and/or because we as Canadian's consume so much of the USA's entertainment and news. Funny how I don't see American's criticizing us to the extent that so many Canadians feel free to criticize them. I recall visiting Texas with an ignorant prejudice in my head that they'd be stupid and that was likely planted by some of my relatives and other Canadians in general. The superiority complex is more than a bit obnoxious. I was happy to see they were wrong and I don't make the same assumptions about people based on what a stand-up comic or leftist troll might be blathering on about.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
You're right. The wingnuts that run city hall in Vancouver did actually fall all over themselves when the building was first started. They now have a bit of mud on their faces now that it's here and the whole world now knows what kind of idiot it's name sake is.
You may think he is an idiot but many don't
Cat
Old 02-28-2017, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
His position in life would disagree with your statement.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Curious then that they don't protest the Russian Embassy after Russia just made spousal abuse legal? Maybe they should protest at the embassies of nations where women are second class citizens or where pollution is insane? Maybe they could go educate someone in North Korea?

There's lots of places worse off, but they seem to feel some kind of investment or ownership because they holiday in America or because we as Canadian's consume so much of the USA's entertainment and news. Funny how I don't see American's criticizing us to the extent that so many Canadians feel free to criticize them. I recall visiting Texas with an ignorant prejudice that they'd be stupid that was likely planted by some of my relatives and other Canadians in general, I was happy to see they were wrong and I don't make the same assumptions about people based on what a stand-up comic or leftist troll might be blathering on about.
I don't think a large percentage Americans really think or care about Canada one way or the other.....
Old 02-28-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
His position in life would disagree with your statement.
I think you can compare it to Rachel in Alberta.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't think a large percentage Americans really think or care about Canada one way or the other.....
And vice versa.

There is a vocal minority on the left and right.

In reality what America does has sudden repercussions around the world. Canada not so much. It is somewhat beneficial to be concerned and informed with what happens down there.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:57 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
???...huh?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Does Rachel have skyscrapers named after her?
Old 02-28-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
And vice versa.

There is a vocal minority on the left and right.

In reality what America does has sudden repercussions around the world. Canada not so much. It is somewhat beneficial to be concerned and informed with what happens down there.
Yes. It's actually quite funny how similar the far left and the far right are to each other
Old 02-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes. It's actually quite funny how similar the far left and the far right are to each other
And yet they are so different. What similarities do you see?
Old 02-28-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
???...huh?
Sorry my mistake. I was referring to the Mayor of Vancouver. Nobody you talk to seems to like him .....but he has the top job (like Rachel).
Trump is however an idiot also.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
now that it's here and the whole world now knows what kind of idiot it's name sake is.
Quote:
I was referring to the Mayor of Vancouver. Nobody you talk to seems to like him .....but he has the top job.
?