Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-09-2016, 10:30 AM

Default Goin' to see Garth Brooks!!!

Somehow my wife....AND the father in law got through and we managed 10 tickets for his added second show in Edmonton at Rogers in February......YEEEEEE HAWWWW!!!

Anyone else been to a Garth concert?? We went in 2010 at the Stampede. Amazing show!!!

Who else is going?????
Old 12-09-2016, 11:06 AM
Gone Hunting

He puts on a great show. Lots of energy.

My daughter got tickets for her and hubby, and me and Yes Dear are 'stuck' with two grand daughters for 3 days....:sHa_shake shout:

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-09-2016, 11:26 AM

We seen him in Saskatoon in june, absolutely amazing, something magical. Once in a lifetime show.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:28 AM

I don't get it, 5 shows, and they all appear to be sold out now. Scalpers must have better computers then ticketmaster.

Last edited by catnthehat; 03-02-2017 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:32 AM

yup still trying for at least one of the shows. Not having much luck
Old 12-09-2016, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck0039 View Post
yup still trying for at least one of the shows. Not having much luck
They are all showing sold out online when I checked 5 min ago or so.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:37 AM

weird, My screen still says searching, Sit tight.

They must be on the other end laughing at me, waiting to see how long before I give up ha ha ha
Old 12-09-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
I don't get it, 5 shows, and they all appear to be sold out now. Scalpers must have better computers then ticketmaster.
The trick is for this show you need proof of credit card holder to enter with tickets. That's a way to battle scalpers I would think.

He's probably just that popular. I couldn't get tickets using my phone and computer. Wife managed 4 though.

EDIT: I'm going to say I'm super impressed with Garth Brooks pertaining to this tour. He has the must show credit card to use tickets. He didn't have an AMEX presale (which is THE reason I have an AMEX card). He didn't have a fan club presale. And all the tickets appeared to be $80. This is someone who cares about his fans.

Last edited by catnthehat; 03-02-2017 at 08:01 AM.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:45 AM

Default Scalpers

Two computers, one laptop and two phones unable to get tickets damn scalpers anyway. Funny how stub hub could manage to get so many so quick!
Old 12-09-2016, 12:09 PM

There will be a lot of unhappy people that buy from scalpers given u have to produce the credit card used to buy the tickets at the door to get in. Most won't know that...

I missed out, had no idea he was coming
Old 12-09-2016, 12:27 PM

We had thee of us on laptops and calling at the same time. Its takes exactly 2 minutes and 30 seconds to get through the automated phone crap.

So we all called at 9:57 and two of the three of us got through.

Laptop/online is a joke. They just freeze up.

1-855-985-5500
Old 12-09-2016, 12:55 PM

Yup. Don't use your computer. Phone is the way to go. I think you battle too many scalper bots with the computer. Found the same thing with AC/DC. Used the AmEx presale the other night for GnR. Ended up getting 8 tickets on the floor.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:12 PM

Sounds Like Garth Brooks is working on more shows in Edmonton over and above the 5 already mentioned. Suppose to announce Monday.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck0039 View Post
Sounds Like Garth Brooks is working on more shows in Edmonton over and above the 5 already mentioned. Suppose to announce Monday.
was able to get 3 pairs... just have to be persistent, quick, lucky, etc.

hope he announces more shows, the demand is there!
Old 12-09-2016, 02:20 PM

Blame stub hub and scalpers....I wasn't able to get tickets either
Old 12-09-2016, 05:54 PM

I tried at 1000 sharp, it took till 1025 before it finally passed the waiting screen but I got the two tickets I wanted, first row of the upper level.
Old 12-09-2016, 06:33 PM

Yeah his twitter feed said he'll be having an announcement come Monday am. Either more shows in Edmonton or maybe some Calgary shows perhaps ??
Old 12-09-2016, 07:42 PM

I don't like ****ry moosik. But back in 93 I got front row centre to a GB and l have to admit it was the best show ever.
Old 12-09-2016, 09:39 PM

How are five concerts only 50,000 tickets?
Old 12-09-2016, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnme View Post
How are five concerts only 50,000 tickets?
This struck me as odd as well. I'm wondering if those are just the tickets sold to the public not including those that are used for promotional purposes. Not sure, just a thought.
Old 12-10-2016, 03:19 AM

Default here's the lowdown.....

Credit Card entry is only for certain seats in the house. IE the best floor seats and the best side sections. So that only works for certain seats as far as scalpers trying to beat the system. They just buy up all the rest of the seats in the house that are not CC entry.

Garth played 5 shows over 3 days in WPG this past summer. I was able to get prime seats a couple sections from the stage, row 1 in the 200 section. My grand total for 3 seats was 80.00 cdn. I bought them off stub hub. That's right 3 tics for the price of 1. The scalpers took a major hit on buying up all the Garth tics for all 5 shows in WPG. Now Garth got his money per ticket, but the scalpers finally took a hit. The scalpers overestimated the demand for tics in WPG and lost out bigtime. There were 10.00 tics for both late shows on the weekend and more expensive. Eventually most tics sold but for way less than the scalpers would have expected. Thanks to Garth !! After the Friday show sold out and not many people connected and sold out quik by the 'bots, Garth added 4 more shows and scalpers proceeded to scoop up most of them. If you wanted them now, you paid through the nose, sometimes 3-4x the original price. If you could wait and watch the huge inventory on stubhub not sell very fast you could cash in. Garth flooded the market with 5 shows. In WPg it worked against them and the market was flooded with secondary tickets for sale.

Now this may happen in AB , it might not since you have a larger population to draw from. But I do give Garth credit as all tics are 80.00 before scalpers cut. Hopefully he does flood the market and announce a few more shows for you guys.

That is the only time I can remember the scalpers being stuck and blowing out their tics way below face value. Which is quite the opposite of their main goal.

Now, some of my friends were not happy with the deal I scored for 3 seats for Garth. As some of them had to have tics right now and some paid 2-3x tic price for the same or worse seats I had for the show.....

Be patient, especially if more shows are announced for the same city !!!

Last edited by Zekeland; 12-10-2016 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeland View Post

I hate being in crowded places. Almost to the point of being a phobia.

But watching Garth Brooks stick up for his fans makes me want to deal with my issues and go watch the guy sing his heart out.
Old 12-10-2016, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekeland View Post
Credit Card entry is only for certain seats in the house. IE the best floor seats and the best side sections. So that only works for certain seats as far as scalpers trying to beat the system. They just buy up all the rest of the seats in the house that are not CC entry.

Garth played 5 shows over 3 days in WPG this past summer. I was able to get prime seats a couple sections from the stage, row 1 in the 200 section. My grand total for 3 seats was 80.00 cdn. I bought them off stub hub. That's right 3 tics for the price of 1. The scalpers took a major hit on buying up all the Garth tics for all 5 shows in WPG. Now Garth got his money per ticket, but the scalpers finally took a hit. The scalpers overestimated the demand for tics in WPG and lost out bigtime. There were 10.00 tics for both late shows on the weekend and more expensive. Eventually most tics sold but for way less than the scalpers would have expected. Thanks to Garth !! After the Friday show sold out and not many people connected and sold out quik by the 'bots, Garth added 4 more shows and scalpers proceeded to scoop up most of them. If you wanted them now, you paid through the nose, sometimes 3-4x the original price. If you could wait and watch the huge inventory on stubhub not sell very fast you could cash in. Garth flooded the market with 5 shows. In WPg it worked against them and the market was flooded with secondary tickets for sale.

Now this may happen in AB , it might not since you have a larger population to draw from. But I do give Garth credit as all tics are 80.00 before scalpers cut. Hopefully he does flood the market and announce a few more shows for you guys.

That is the only time I can remember the scalpers being stuck and blowing out their tics way below face value. Which is quite the opposite of their main goal.

Now, some of my friends were not happy with the deal I scored for 3 seats for Garth. As some of them had to have tics right now and some paid 2-3x tic price for the same or worse seats I had for the show.....

Interesting, but I don't think that's the case. All 6 of my tickets indicate credit card entry only and they are regular seats in the upper and lower bowls.

Also, I think you underestimate the amount of money spent on concerts in Edmonton, we're a ticket buying city (3rd in Canada, 44th in the world)
https://www.google.ca/amp/edmontonjo...?client=safari

... even Saskatoon sold out 6 shows this year to Garth.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:43 AM

Just got back from the opening show (and my first time in Rogers).

Ammmmmmmmazing concert. Anyone else thats going - you're in for a treat.

It was so good, that I'm catching tomorrow afternoons show as well (a friend bailed and offered his up).

Not sure if was as good as the Saddledome show for the 100th anniversary of the Stampede back in 2012, but it was damn close. Got to experience it with my little ones this time around (their first concert).

Amazing. Cheers all!
Old 02-18-2017, 12:51 AM
Banned

Cool !!!
Old 02-26-2017, 01:39 AM

Got home from his 9th sold out show. It is an amazing show. The crowd was very noisy, but Garth knows how to please and I think he genuinely respects the people at his shows.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:10 AM

His 9th was amazing. Had a great time
Old 02-26-2017, 05:46 AM

Hopefully we don't have to wait another 21 years for an encore!
Old 02-26-2017, 06:37 AM

Default A banner, really?

Not a country music fan, but I'm glad that people are enjoying the shows. They certainly are making a big deal out of it. Good for them to stick around and do that many performances. I'm not sure about hanging a banner in Roger's Place when performer plays here for the first time in 21 years and people are excited to see them. They may not be so excited if he had managed to stop by here sometime since the turn of the century. We may have a new building before he's back! HAHA
My favorite band has been through town a few times in the last 21 years, in fact I saw them three times just last summer. You may have heard a little about them as they toured the country. The Tragically Hip GN
Old 02-26-2017, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genoel View Post
Not a country music fan, but I'm glad that people are enjoying the shows. They certainly are making a big deal out of it. Good for them to stick around and do that many performances. I'm not sure about hanging a banner in Roger's Place when performer plays here for the first time in 21 years and people are excited to see them. They may not be so excited if he had managed to stop by here sometime since the turn of the century. We may have a new building before he's back! HAHA
My favorite band has been through town a few times in the last 21 years, in fact I saw them three times just last summer. You may have heard a little about them as they toured the country. The Tragically Hip GN
Not even close to the same level....

But I'm glad you got to see gord and the boys play before they hang it up.