Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-06-2016, 09:11 AM

Default CBCs this hour has 22 minutes

Was just browsing the web and came across CBCs this hour has 22 minutes . "White genocide" now I see a huge poblem with this as my TAXES payed for this garbage. I can't really say what I truly thinkabout this.

I'm not computer savvy, so just Google"this hour has 22 minutes white genocide"
Old 12-06-2016, 09:16 AM

At one time that was great show.

Mark Critch is still pretty funny, but it's now one of the most pathetic and juvenile shows on TV. It's just not funny anymore. I'm not sure where it all went wrong, but the writing just fell off a cliff.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:29 AM
Banned

Default maybe ...

the extra 400 mil execs at the CBC want will help them source some better writers ?

TBD

PS ... i'm with you ^ though, why should my tax dollars get wasted supporting this garbage, that whole propaganda wing of the liberal party needs to have their Azz's kicked !

Last edited by TBD; 12-06-2016 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:46 AM
Banned

I've said for years, that progressives are the biggest biggots of them all.

Faith Goldy is a fox.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:24 AM

Has the Rebel Media or anyone filed a Human Rights complaint?

The CBC is a real problem as it is essentially a state sponsored media with no real oversight.

Its mandate should be significantly overhauled and focus on factual news delivery to Canadians, particularly those in remote communities. Currently, they seem to have an inordinate amount of "opinions" and "analysis"

I have also noticed an increasing tendency to control commentary on news stories by the CBC. This increased censorship is not acceptable. They should either allow comments on all stories or no comments on any story.

They further seems to have an agenda. There stories seem to focus on key themes/stories such as

racism
First Nations issues
immigration
equality
anti- Progressive Conservative
anti-Trump (most recently)

This reeks of social engineering conducted by a tax payer funded media. It would be interesting to see how many stories they cover fall into these themes vs other media carriers.

The military is subject to constant reviews and White Papers. Is the CBC also?

Last edited by CMichaud; 12-06-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:45 AM
Banned

More waste of tax dollars.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&J View Post
Was just browsing the web and came across CBCs this hour has 22 minutes . "White genocide" now I see a huge poblem with this as my TAXES payed for this garbage. I can't really say what I truly thinkabout this.

I'm not computer savvy, so just Google"this hour has 22 minutes white genocide"
sat·ire
ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Clearly a piece of satire on extremism. As in what if there was a group of mixed race people that were as passionate about everyone being mixed raced as white supremacists are with keeping white people positions of power. Would they be accepted as mainstream or listened to? An eventual mixed race majority is not a new idea or improbable one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_of_the_future.

To take a piece of satire and conclude that it does anything but criticize the idea it is targeting or portraying is a step in the wrong direction and misses the point of satire. In the case of this particular video if you are against the ideas portrayed then how are they significantly different, besides race and religion, from the views of white supremacists or other extremists? The criticism isn't just against white supremacists, but extremists of any kind that push their ideals on others and are somehow given a platform to appeal to the general public.

TL DR: Clearly a piece of satire on extremism. The middle road is the best road.
Old 12-06-2016, 03:49 PM
Gone Hunting

Harper should have dismantled the CBC. Maybe he didn't cause he may have been afraid of not being re elected.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 12-06-2016, 06:27 PM
Banned

Selective satire at it's best. Justin provides so much material to work with but 22 Minutes chooses to ignore it and would rather mock anything conservative. It burns my butt that my tax dollars is paying for that propaganda machine. Rick Mercer is another Liberal shill IMO.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Selective satire at it's best. Justin provides so much material to work with but 22 Minutes chooses to ignore it and would rather mock anything conservative. It burns my butt that my tax dollars is paying for that propaganda machine. Rick Mercer is another Liberal shill IMO.
I expect better satire for my tax dollars. I watched the whole darn thing and I still have a frown on my face...
Old 12-06-2016, 06:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
sat·ire
ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

Clearly a piece of satire on extremism. As in what if there was a group of mixed race people that were as passionate about everyone being mixed raced as white supremacists are with keeping white people positions of power. Would they be accepted as mainstream or listened to? An eventual mixed race majority is not a new idea or improbable one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_of_the_future.

To take a piece of satire and conclude that it does anything but criticize the idea it is targeting or portraying is a step in the wrong direction and misses the point of satire. In the case of this particular video if you are against the ideas portrayed then how are they significantly different, besides race and religion, from the views of white supremacists or other extremists? The criticism isn't just against white supremacists, but extremists of any kind that push their ideals on others and are somehow given a platform to appeal to the general public.

TL DR: Clearly a piece of satire on extremism. The middle road is the best road.
Bigotry is never OK.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrowan View Post
sat·ire
ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
noun

I'm sick to my stomach that you would normalize such bigotry. This combined with Angela Merkel's xenophobia of economic migrants.... I just don't feel safe with the Left anymore.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:31 PM

The CBC needs to be dismantled. Its complete Garbage
Old 12-06-2016, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I've said for years, that progressives are the biggest biggots of them all.

Faith Goldy is a fox.
She possesses an exceptional skill set that's well suited for the audience.
And her message is bang on.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 12-08-2016, 07:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacotensis View Post
She possesses an exceptional skill set that's well suited for the audience.
And her message is bang on.
and boneable !!!