Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-01-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albertadiver View Post
The minister is doing a big announcement on the plan in 15 minutes.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=68597
Thanks for the LIVE link. She just arrived........starting now.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:44 PM
Banned

I really can't stand listening to that smug, condescending tone of hers.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I really can't stand listening to that smug, condescending tone of hers.
The look on her face is also smug and condescending.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
The look on her face is also smug and condescending.
Didn't watch it because I forgot my zantec in the truck.
Old 03-01-2017, 01:06 PM

Your nebulous buzzword of the day - "science based"
Old 03-01-2017, 01:19 PM

Ranchers providing feedlots for grizzly bears....................because OHV's are displacing bears....................science based.

What would you say to OHV enthusiasts who are gathering in Calgary this weekend? They have a right to gather and express their opinion........we are working with OHV groups to ensure trails are available...........trail density studies..........closing illegal trails............in the Livingstone and Porcupine....... but not in the Castle.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:21 PM

LETHBRIDGE - The push-back from Off Highway Vehicle groups, seems to have worked.
Environment Minister Shannon Phillips has just announced a number of revisions to the Castle Parks Draft Management Plan, including:
1) Extending the public submission process 30 days, From March 20th to April 19th.
2) A public consultation process for southwestern Alberta - details to be worked out- beginning March 8th.
3) All trails in the Castle Parks will remain open to OHV users this year. Within 1yr. all illegal trails will be closed, but all legal trails will remain open and accessible to OHV users.
4) Improving clarity for ranchers' grazing permits.
5) Improving fish recovery strategies for threatened species.
6) A $20 million dollar, 4 yr. investment in the Castle Parks including increased enforcement and education.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2017, 02:22 PM

Look into y2y it is USA funded and ran.

Old 03-01-2017, 02:30 PM

This came across my email from my Brother in Law who's boss is heavy into the sledding community and Snow and Mud.

The Alberta NDP Government with input of Environmental Lobbyist's are working to close OHV access AND Random Camping along the entire Eastern Slopes. Castle Area is only the beginning, Bighorn and other areas along the entire Rockies are targeted. We need you or support to preserve your ability to enjoy these areas by acting now.

The Government is taking public input for 60 days, and every member just needs to take 15-20 minutes to make a difference. I assure you the Environmental Activists in favor of closing OUR recreation activities are putting their input in - so we NEED to have our voices heard.

Please go to this link on our site, http://www.snowandmud.com/land-use-i...mping-ban.html ***, and complete the public input survey in the message. The instructions for answering the two specific (misleading) questions are provided on this page, so please read carefully. Your involvement on this survey WILL make a difference in our ability to fight this, and everyone needs to participate. You can complete this survey once for everyone in your family, so please fill out accordingly.

Also, there will be a Rally in Calgary for the Castle - Access for all Albertans on Saturday from 12-2, *Please go to this link, http://www.snowandmud.com/land-use-i...ml#post2378249

Thankyou,
Admin
Snowandmud.com
Old 03-01-2017, 02:33 PM

Keep doing the surveys

Old 03-01-2017, 02:34 PM

Old 03-01-2017, 02:35 PM

Old 03-02-2017, 07:31 AM

This is all connected.
I believe Government will have many laws to force down our throats. Canada government wants to be similar to EU government. Look what is happening with legislation in EU. Insurance of vehicles (motorcycle, lawn mower, quad, tractor, golf caddy, little johnnys little 4x4).

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/u...-construction/

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/40...port-in-europe
Old 03-03-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arff View Post
Look into y2y it is USA funded and ran.

Interesting tidbit on some of the financials from US based Y2Y.

See attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Y2Y.jpg (41.3 KB, 80 views)
Old 03-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Interesting tidbit on some of the financials from US based Y2Y.

See attached
Not a derail, just curious. OP, didn't you move to Australia or something about a year ago?
Old 03-03-2017, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterninja View Post
Not a derail, just curious. OP, didn't you move to Australia or something about a year ago?
Nope. Would love to visit there though!

Been in the same place for the last 10yrs. I did leave AO for a few years though, came back during the Fort Mac Fire because I wanted to post a few things.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Nope. Would love to visit there though!

Been in the same place for the last 10yrs. I did leave AO for a few years though, came back during the Fort Mac Fire because I wanted to post a few things.
Sorry Diver, I meant OP NUK KOO SOW.. Not sure why your quote appeared on my last post.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:14 AM

Good article in this months AO on Castle. Sums it up well, hunting etc should stay but OHV must go.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Good article in this months AO on Castle. Sums it up well, hunting etc should stay but OHV must go.
Pretty much what the Gov. is proposing.

Thomas Sowell
Old 03-04-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Didn't see the article, but did they mention anything about random camping?
Old 03-04-2017, 12:47 PM

This is being blown out of proportion. This isn't a doomsday event hahaha. And yeah let people learn the hard way.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:22 PM

pasted from elsewhere, I'm really curious how this will unfold..

Today at 12:15pm
So the truth has finally emerged. Shannon Phillips and other members of the NDP hierarchy purchased property in Castle. There is now no longer any question as to why she ignores science and will not attend town hall meetings and ignores stake holders. This Park is solely for her and her cronies choice of life style and the immense financial gain this Park will provide them. This Government is bound by law to fully disclose all members involved and immediately relieve Minister Phillips of her duties. Speak to your MLA’s and local media and demand full disclosure of this gross misconduct of our elected officials. We could never understand why this Minister would throw so many families and the livelihood of tens of thousands of Albertans under the bus. We now have our answer . We demand the truth from Premier Notley.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
I do not need to read it to know it is largely opinion based.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newview01 View Post
I do not need to read it to know it is largely opinion based.
I haven't seen the article, but give me three guesses and I'll bet I can tell you the author, and I won't need the last two...
Old 03-04-2017, 04:46 PM

If I am not mistaken property at the ski hill is under a long term lease and property is owned by the crown. Regardless this could be a conflict of interest. I hope there are some people here that have the ability to bring this out in the open.
Old 03-04-2017, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
If I am not mistaken property at the ski hill is under a long term lease and property is owned by the crown. Regardless this could be a conflict of interest. I hope there are some people here that have the ability to bring this out in the open.
I believe but I'm not certain that the ski hill owns the land. So I've been told by a co-worker who has a property there.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cuz1 View Post
pasted from elsewhere, I'm really curious how this will unfold..

Today at 12:15pm
So the truth has finally emerged. Shannon Phillips and other members of the NDP hierarchy purchased property in Castle. There is now no longer any question as to why she ignores science and will not attend town hall meetings and ignores stake holders. This Park is solely for her and her cronies choice of life style and the immense financial gain this Park will provide them. This Government is bound by law to fully disclose all members involved and immediately relieve Minister Phillips of her duties. Speak to your MLA’s and local media and demand full disclosure of this gross misconduct of our elected officials. We could never understand why this Minister would throw so many families and the livelihood of tens of thousands of Albertans under the bus. We now have our answer . We demand the truth from Premier Notley.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 59whiskers View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
I believe but I'm not certain that the ski hill owns the land. So I've been told by a co-worker who has a property there.
Mind tellin' everyone just what you three are talkin' about? Better yet post a link please
Old 03-04-2017, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco View Post
Mind tellin' everyone just what you three are talkin' about? Better yet post a link please
I was responding, or adding some info to the post regarding Castle Mountain Resort, and whether the resort owned the land on which it is situated, or carries a long term lease. As I said, I'm going off info from a co-worker, which I stated, so I have no link to post.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinny View Post
I was responding, or adding some info to the post regarding Castle Mountain Resort, and whether the resort owned the land on which it is situated, or carries a long term lease. As I said, I'm going off info from a co-worker, which I stated, so I have no link to post.
Castle Mtn and all associated land use development are long term lease from the Crown. At one time I was a partner in a couple of lots but I can't recall the lease period.
Old 03-04-2017, 07:53 PM

Good turn out in Calgary today for the rally of folks that do not support the OHV, and Snowmobile ban that the GOA is thinking about.

Glen with Fish & game Association spoke to as much of zone 400 is in this park plan.

Looks like OHV's, snowmobiles, dual-sport bikes, cattle folks, trappers, outfitters, Hunters, fishing folks, and other interest groups "could" all see changes if this park limits access to 1 or all users over time.

Unknown as it still hasn't been written in stone what the over all plan will look like.

Shannon Phillips said on the interview with Ryan Jespersen show on Ched that her and her government are going to look at the "whole" Eastern Slopes of Alberta from top too bottom. Shannon's words her self.

Y2Y office is in Canmore and has access to funds from gourps out of the USA,,, doo noo as its 12th hand info.

Any Who,,, good turn out by Eric of AOHVA,Glen of a F&G association, face book Thread builder Garrett, John of Alberta Forest services, Derrick from the ASA as well as other awesome speakers.

Pal Don at sharing some of the changing land scapes that "could" be coming our way.

PS: One can email or write a letter to Shannon Phillips and Julie MacDougall senior parks planner,,, copy each letter sent as one can then send this copy too our MLA'S.

Lots of questions as they have too reply too each. This is time consuming yes, but it let's them know that we take our crown lands serious.

For us, our family's, kids, next generation, and those with heath issues that enjoy being in the out-doors.
Camping is another thing as 84 too 87 spots does not leave much room for the many that love that area.

Cheers too all.