Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-26-2017, 09:29 AM
Banned

Not really a country guy (tastes run more to Florence and the Machine)...but I want to support this guy...he sounds like one upstanding entertainer.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:57 PM

What an amazing performance.
If I could've got another day off work, would have gone again. Apparently there were only single seats left.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:19 AM

I must have seen a different Garth at Rogers, because the fat one I saw was out of breath, huffing and puffing during the songs. I have seen many different shows and I felt he was by far the least prepared to be on stage. I was not wowed
Old 03-01-2017, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenbones4 View Post
I must have seen a different Garth at Rogers, because the fat one I saw was out of breath, huffing and puffing during the songs. I have seen many different shows and I felt he was by far the least prepared to be on stage. I was not wowed
LMAO. Not a big Garth fan. It seems it was the "in" thing to do. I knew people that went that never wore a plaid shirt in their life, never listen to country music in the vehicle or at home. But went out looking like wannabe cowboys to watch pudgy run around the stage. Gotta keep up with the Jones's you know its the Alberta way!!
Old 03-01-2017, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenbones4 View Post
Doing 9 high energy shows in what, 5 days, might do that to a person??

I seen the first and third show (first friday and saturday night) - never seen any of the sort. Both shows were great!

You sound like a troll that maybe should have given up your ticket to one of the hundreds of thousands of Albertans that were not fortunate enough to score one -somebody who would have been appreciative enough to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime show.

Rant over.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:50 AM

You pay good money to see some of these artist and then you go to the concert and some fat Runs around the stage holding the microphone up for the audience to scream into. Garth is very overated imo.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokinyotes View Post
You pay good money to see some of these artist and then you go to the concert and some fat Runs around the stage holding the microphone up for the audience to scream into. Garth is very overated imo.
I am not sure what the last concert you went too, but he did not charge good money. His tickets were like $72.00 and that included the $10.00 ticket master charge. I believe that was the price for anywhere in the building, unless you bought the VIP packages.

The last two concerts I purchased tickets for were $130/seat for 2nd tier top 10 or 12 rows at the back. If I wanted closer tickets they went up by 30-150 depending on where you wanted them to go.

I paid $115 to see Russel Peters a few years ago.

I can't think of another artist that does what he does for his fans.
He keeps ticket prices down so people can afford to go.
He puts on multiple shows so that almost everyone who wants to see him can go to see him
Does his best to prevent people from reselling tickets at crazy high prices.

he could have easily only done 2 or 3 shows and charged way more and made the same money.

I took my two teenage kids (17 and 15) with me as well, there favorite Genre of music is rap and they both thought his concert was amazing, Couldn't believe the energy and how much he just seemed to like preforming and how much fun he was having on stage.

I honestly believe if you didn't like the show, you went in not wanting to like the show.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:27 AM

I saw the Show on Saturday afternoon and I was amazed at the energy,not just from him but from his band. He could have totally mailed it in and got away with it but he seems to genuinely love and respect his fans. He did exactly what the crowd wanted .He performed all his old hits and worked the crowd into a frenzy . He is one of the few I would pay to see in concert and wasn't able to the last time around. I'm the same age as he is and this is the only concert I have every been to. If it is the last ,I am satisfied.
My son goes to concerts regularly and was skeptical to see Garth Brooks . He said it was the best he has seen ,much better than his previous favorite Tragically Hip
Old 03-01-2017, 09:46 AM

I saw his first Sunday show, calling me a troll for expressing my opinion is a little sad, Garth himself made jokes about being a fat guy while bent over out of breath. I'm not bashing the guy, I think it's great what he did for his fans putting on all the shows.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
Doing 9 high energy shows in what, 5 days, might do that to a person??

I seen the first and third show (first friday and saturday night) - never seen any of the sort. Both shows were great!

You sound like a troll that maybe should have given up your ticket to one of the hundreds of thousands of Albertans that were not fortunate enough to score one -somebody who would have been appreciative enough to enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime show.

Rant over.
Actually you would think these high "energy shows" would get him in shape. But looking at Trisha, it looks like they have the same dietician and excercise program. They should switch camps and go with Tim Mcgraws camp!!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Actually you would think these high "energy shows" would get him in shape. But looking at Trisha, it looks like they have the same dietician and excercise program. They should switch camps and go with Tim Mcgraws camp!!
We get it it. It's all about the Optics for you ,No need to have any musical talent as long as you can sport a pair of skinny jeans and wife beater tshirt.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:40 AM

Wife and I with 3 other couples were at the Thursday show last week when Garth gave his guitar to the lady front stage for her B-day. 2 of us couples were in Section 124 Row 22 just off the back corner of the stage. The other 2 couples were in Section 223 Row 3

Awesome show. First time in Rogers Place - WOW !!! We didn't get to the hotel till after 4am and go to bed till 5 am after going country dancing at the bars and then having breakfast at Denny's at 3am .....made me feel like I was young again till after the 4 hour sleep, wives went shopping then a 5 hour drive home...home by 10pm.

Then having to be at the arena Saturday morning for 7:30am...that was hard to get up for. Was at the rink till after 8pm with 2 boys in hockey all day it seemed, but it was all GOOD !!

BRING on Metallica and Avenged Sevenfold to Rogers place !!
Old 03-01-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
We get it it. It's all about the Optics for you ,No need to have any musical talent as long as you can sport a pair of skinny jeans and wife beater tshirt.
Not at all. I have been playing guitar since the age of 9. Garth cant sing or play other than strum 4 chords. Have you heard of Keith Urban? Great vocals and absolutely shreds. Thats a musician. And hes not huffin and puffin when hes pulling off penatatonic or blues scales which Garth couldn't try on his best day. LMAO To each his own. Calling Brooks a musician is like calling a WWE wrestler a fighter. Brooks is an entertainer. YEE HAW!!

Last edited by 1899b; 03-01-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Not at all. I have been playing guitar since the age of 9. Garth cant sing or play other than strum 4 chords. Have you heard of Keith Urban? Great vocals and absolutely shreds. Thats a musician. And hes not huffin and puffin when hes pulling off penatatonic or blues scales which Garth couldn't try on his best day. LMAO To each his own. Calling Brooks a musician is like calling a WWE wrestler a fighter. Brooks is an entertainer. YEE HAW!!
You can leave this thread now. Buh bye.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerguy2015 View Post
You can leave this thread now. Buh bye.

I apologize as i didnt realize it was you that started the thread about how enthused you were to see Garth Brooks. I genuinely hope you had a great time. Whether its sports, music or politics we all have or own opinions and i should have kept my opinion from a musicians stand point to myself.

Last edited by 1899b; 03-01-2017 at 12:17 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Ironic isn't it? How all the people with no musical skills make millions in the music industry,tour all around singing to sold out venues night after night while talented musicians like yourself are in the peanut gallery slinging mud . How may hit hit records have you put out again?
Old 03-01-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post
Ironic isn't it? How all the people with no musical skills make millions in the music industry,tour all around singing to sold out venues night after night while talented musicians like yourself are in the peanut gallery slinging mud . How may hit hit records have you put out again?
Music is a matter of opinion but skill can definitely be graded. You ok now Pete?
Old 03-01-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Paisley is better than Urban.....id rather see garth than Keith any day.. and I've seen all 3 acts, I go to paisley whenever he comes to Calgary.....
Old 03-01-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba 96 View Post
Paisley is better than Urban.....id rather see garth than Keith any day.. and I've seen all 3 acts, I go to paisley whenever he comes to Calgary.....
Brad Paisley is another guy that is tremendously underrated!! I love his guitar playing. Anyway 9 sold out shows for Garth is definitely an awesome achievement. He's definitely a popular entertainer!!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Music is a matter of opinion but skill can definitely be graded. You ok now Pete?
I good as can be ,.. you?