Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 08:53 PM
Banned

I firmly believe in the 80/20 rule...80% of your business comes from 20% of your clients..Keep the 20% really really happy
Old 12-08-2016, 08:58 PM

Oilers fan O.P?
Old 12-08-2016, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paule View Post
As stated. What's your opinions. I'm a little baffled....... There was a sale (15% of high end optics) at a south Calgary store Around ikea..... I went in to pick up a 3000$ spotter and apparently the sale ended yesterday. Whenever I've missed sales. By. A day!!! It's been honoured. A sales a sale?? No?
1-I don't need it now
2-don't really need to upgrade
3-if I buy there at a later date. Is that the type of service/warranty. Etc. I will get?

I just can't believe they wouldn't honour something like that. Maybe I'm the one out to lunch. But other stores have always came through. Btw. Took all steps/manager. Etc. To see if they would honour it. Oh well. 2500$ to spend another day!
Do you also wonder why you have to pay a late fee when you pay your bills a day late.
People put time limits on for a reason today you want 1 extra day next time it's 2.

Mack
Old 12-09-2016, 12:13 AM

Lots of Luls in this thread. I laughed out loud a few times.

I can see where the op is coming from though. Canadian Tire and the like will sell you the merchandise for last week's sale price, no problem. Smaller stores don't usually do that (not sure which outlet the op is talking about). No reason to be upset though. One can be disappointed, but more with himself and not the shop, IMO. There will be another sale, eventually. I know the feeling, which is like ****, I really wanted this thing and I ******* missed it and it's just a huge disappointment and blah blah blah. Looks like this was supposed to be the type of purchase the op was really looking forward to and was pretty excited about.

Now the guy with less than $10 coupon is just too funny There is a clear date indicated when the coupon expires and it's not like it's only good for a week. There is plenty of time to redeem it. Regardless, carrying it in your wallet as a reminder? Reminder of what? To be cranky and missarable? Luls. Good luck in life with that attitude!

Thanks for the laughs everyone! And op, just say **** it and wait untill the next sale Also, usually, or more often than not, you can buy stuff online for the sale price or less without any sales.
Old 12-09-2016, 12:43 AM

Two recent cs stories.

Went to "Gerrys" distributor on the south side of Edmonton.
I've been a regular there for years
I bought 3 Viking drill bits for a trailer project. Drilling though mild steel.
No big deal really.
The first bit broke in the 1st ten seconds.
The 2nd but did the same.
The 3rd but didn't even bite metal. I tried it in several different locations.

I took the bits back and they refused to warranty them with several different excuses. Each one I was able to successfully argue.
In the end and in spite of their reasons being shown to have been dismissed, they still refused.

So, when I'm out at the farm sales this spring I will be telling my story to every farmer I see.
When I'm at the industrial auctions I'll be talking to every tradesman I can.

I was annoyed. On some days I've drilled over 1000 holes.
Maybe we'll over 50,000.
These were just junk bits. Maybe a bad batch. Way too brittle.

So for $24.40, they will be losing out on more business than that.

There are other suppliers in the area.

Second incident was my woman just bought a new high end sewing machine.
It came with an instructional class.
The value of the class alone (if the machine was purchased elsewhere) was $150 for 3 hours.
There were 3 people who showed up for this class.
The instructor gave "lessons" for 1:45 and then called it a night.
My woman wanted to know some specific "how to" stuff and this instructor said she wouldn't be teaching that and my woman would have to look this up on YouTube.
What do you do with instructors like that?

Businesses should be paying attention in this current economic atmosphere.

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 12-09-2016, 01:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
You missed the point and the sale date, go to ford and say I missed the factory rebate last month but I want it now. I'd send you away and say I want 200 bux more than the original price. Your not giving them 3000 profit, maybe 200 bux at best, people like that aren't worth the 200 bux worth of trouble. Focus the energy on descent people is what I say.
There are no such thing as a factory rebate , that's just a marketing strategy. You show up at a dealership with 50,000$ I will guarantee you will get a sale(rebate) , they don't want you to give your 50,000$ to another dealership .another thing I've learned is good things never go on sale it's usually the crap that nobody is buying .
Old 12-09-2016, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
I tried to buy a 2017 Corvette last week and they wouldn't honour their 1962 prices. Bastards!!
THANKS.. Just spit my coffee all over the keyboard..
Old 12-09-2016, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
snip
Regardless, carrying it in your wallet as a reminder? Reminder of what? To be cranky and missarable? Luls. Good luck in life with that attitude!
My rule is 'Disappoint me once, that's your problem. Disappoint me twice, that's my fault'.
To be fair, I try to give an offender the opportunity to make me happy. If they decline, I conclude my disappointment was their intent.

I do as Dacotensis, I notify but do not complain, then take my business and $$$ where they are appreciated.
Like Dac, I also tell my friends of my experience so that they are warned and can avoid my loss.

I agree with those who submit that a business is under no obligation to honor sales or coupons after their 'best before date'.
I submit that there is little profit for them to ignore the spirit of their offers.
No business provides sale prices or coupons out of generosity or kindness, they are intended to increase sales and profits. (Supplier's rebates are a situation beyond the retailer's control.)

oilngas said it best
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilngas View Post
Paule;
I'm with you, but then that's the generation I'm from, service meant something and a repeat Customer was an asset. BUT in defense of the Store as yet unnamed, they put in Policy's, usually due to some abuse / event in the past.
If I was the store manger and you wanted the high end item I would have sold it at the sale price, gartered the cash flow for my year end numbers, and gained at least another visit / opportunity for a sale sometime in the future. i.e like in Tin Men "push the positive cash flow at what ever the cost" at least when I Business Coach that what I suggest.
Dr Phil says "We teach people how to treat us". When we continue to reward poor service, we get what we deserve.
Some of us have short memories and need past reminders to guide our current actions.

Donald Trump understands that business is all about negotiation, and the price asked is just a starting point.
As buyers we have the final say where to spend our $$$.
It is easy to determine which businesses fail to fill their customer's needs, they are the businesses that are soon gone.

Good Luck, YMMV.
Old 12-09-2016, 07:56 AM

I have to laugh when I read about people complaining that companies won't honor sale prices after the sale ends or coupons after the expiry date. Try talking a F&W officer out of charging you for hunting a day after the season closes. Or try to vote the day after the election. Unfortunately, too many people have the idea that the world revolves around them, and that everyone should accommodate them.