Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-20-2018, 06:38 AM

10 years is steep a good scare might change her arittitude on life a bit. That country is amazingly clean and they have strict laws about it have to respect these laws when your there. Look at the shape of that ancient wall that is hard to believe and if something existed like that in a Canadian city I imagine people like her would make it look like junk.
Old 10-20-2018, 06:52 AM

Stupid Binary creature just had to much Thaime on her hands.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 10-20-2018, 06:54 AM

Other countries are not like Canada, who is sympathetic to criminals and terrorists. Some countries still punish offenders, if you can't accept that, stay out of those countries.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:42 AM

"Victimless crime" is an oxymoron, IMO. If there was no victim it wouldn't be the crime.
Thailand is the tourist country. If every Dick, Bob, Harry, and Britney start defacing historical buildings, monuments, etc knowing they only get $20 fine, the country will turn into the toilet in a hurry.
Different article says she's unlikely to get there maximum prison term. $40,000 fine, a year in the slammer, and lifetime ban to return to the country would probably suffice. Should be a pretty good deterrent for a couple of yours to others...
Old 10-20-2018, 07:43 AM

Ten years is a long time for such a crime, but you should not go to another country and break the law.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:53 AM

There seems to be a general consensus here that she's already started her 10 year sentence. From the CBC article, "vandalizing registered ancient artifacts, which carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a million baht – or $40,000 – fine". It says "up to" and she hasn't been to trial yet. Somehow, it seems to me from what I could see from the video that this would be more like a 1 month 50,000 baht crime. Anyway, from a couple of the posts here, I can see who's contributing to her go-fund me page.

Last edited by brazeau; 10-20-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:57 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad View Post
Now if they had a 10 year sentence for possession of an illegal handgun in Canada we would not have to worry about Truedue (sp) and his silly laws.
And cut off the hand that carries it.....hard labour camps....not R&R at the tax payers expense....

Too soft i say just like the North American mid sections...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-20-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
I think ten years is over the top! Strange the mom on go fund me claims it is for expenses here at home . I could see it for a lawyer. Some of these countrys , prisoners families are responsible to feed them . Not sure about thialand!
It's to make her car payments and to pay for mom to go to Thailand and "support" her daughter while she awaits trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazeau View Post
There seems to be a general consensus here that she's already started her 10 year sentence. From the CBC article, "vandalizing registered ancient artifacts, which carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a million baht – or $40,000 – fine". It says "up to" and she hasn't been to trial yet. Somehow, it seems to me from what I could see from the video that this would be more like a 1 month 50,000 baht crime. Anyway, from a couple of the posts here, I can see who's contributing to her go-fund me page.

Yep, she hasn't gone to court yet and so many of her defenders are over reacting with the 10 years. I have mutual friends of this family and when you hear them tell the story, it's "she only spray painted some brick wall". They neglect to add in it's an 800 year old heritage site.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:27 AM
Banned

They should tie her up for a week in a prison and let the inmates tattoo her anyway they want. That'll teach her not to draw on other people's property.
Idiot.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:32 AM
Banned

Don't do it! I told you don't do it!! Now you have to face the music alone.. You dumb ass
Old 10-20-2018, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkim View Post
Don't do it! I told you don't do it!! Now you have to face the music alone.. You dumb ass
Insert applause here.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:55 AM

Dumb move, gonna pay for it but Imo, she will get a very light sentence for jail time if any and the courts will hit her big time on the fine side. Then kick her out of the country with a ban so she can't come back.

I like the comments on the go fund me page for her mom to start selling her stuff.
Old 10-20-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosemad View Post
Now if they had a 10 year sentence for possession of an illegal handgun in Canada we would not have to worry about Truedue (sp) and his silly laws.
Exactly ! The Liberals admit they've lost the war on crime they can't detour theft so we shouldn't have nice things for the criminals to steal.

The young lady? should look at the bright side 10 years of Thai food
Old 10-20-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
Some of these countrys , prisoners families are responsible to feed them .
Excellent idea. We should do that here.
If their families can't or won't, there's plenty of bread and water around.
Not to mention stools, strong ceiling hooks, and 10 foot sections of rope.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:32 AM

From the GoFundMe backstory written by her mom, "...My daughter is in serious trouble in Thailand, yes she did very wrong we know that, a second bad decision has ruined her life,". What was the 1st bad decision?
Old 10-20-2018, 11:58 AM

I'm all for this girl receiving whatever penalty is assigned by the Thai courts; but some of you guys should really give your heads a shake. Ridiculing her for your personal perception of her gender and/or sexual identity and suggesting that convicted criminals should hang themselves are rude and unreasonable actions; and have little or nothing to do with the actual story.

"This Brittany is my most cherished possession — the darndest bird-finder I have ever seen, a tough and wiry little dog with a choke-bored nose and the ability to read birds’ minds." -Jack O'Connor
Old 10-20-2018, 03:55 PM

She played a stupid game, won a stupid prize.

Not a lot of sympathy from me.

Little steep, but again...

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-20-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
From the GoFundMe backstory written by her mom, "...My daughter is in serious trouble in Thailand, yes she did very wrong we know that, a second bad decision has ruined her life,". What was the 1st bad decision?

Having an illiterate mother?
Old 10-20-2018, 05:08 PM

I think that the mention of a stool and a rope was in reference to our own under-punished criminals who have committed far worse crimes than her but will probably see less punishment. I don't think it was directed towards her personally, even the strictest among us probably don't think graffiti/vandalism is a death-penalty issue (though I'd make an exception for the Taliban who blew up those massive ancient statues, but I digress).

In this woman's case I would think that a $10K to 20K fine and 6 months in the pokey should satisfy punishment as well as maintain Thailands precedent of not messing around with criminals. Its not a punishment however if a bunch of bleeding heart doofuses contribute to her GoFundMe, that's quite counter to the whole point of having a deterrent. Its much like how a spoiled rich kid will never learn a lesson if they're perpetually shielded from reality, except in this case its a spoiled kid who isn't rich who is financially shielded by a horde of enablers. The fine is not to satisfy the government, it is to serve as a punishment for the accused. What would be awesome is if the government makes her fine a floating one, a base punishment amount plus whatever the GoFundMe drive raises. No avoiding that deterrent, toots. lol

Based on her probable voting pattern, I'm fine if she has to spend a bit more time abroad through one or two election cycles. Don't anyone send her an absentee ballot either.

Last edited by CaberTosser; 10-20-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:02 PM

The comments on the go fund me are rather entertaining

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 10-21-2018, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
Have a link ?

Grizz
Old 10-21-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Have a link ?

Grizz
https://www.gofundme.com/support-for...ghter-brittney
Old 10-21-2018, 09:10 AM

Default this link should work

Quote:
Have a link ?

Grizz
https://www.gofundme.com/support-for...ghter-brittney
Old 10-21-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
I think that the mention of a stool and a rope was in reference to our own under-punished criminals who have committed far worse crimes than her but will probably see less punishment.
Thanks Caber, that's what I meant. I should have been more specific.

As for that....uh..."woman" and whoever was with her, a hefty fine, and a bucket of soapy water and a SMALL brush would be VERY appropriate.
Old 10-21-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacringa View Post
I'm all for this girl receiving whatever penalty is assigned by the Thai courts; but some of you guys should really give your heads a shake. Ridiculing her for your personal perception of her gender and/or sexual identity and suggesting that convicted criminals should hang themselves are rude and unreasonable actions; and have little or nothing to do with the actual story.
Fully agreed. It's bullying, and indicates a vicious mindset.
Old 10-21-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Helicopter parenting at it's worst.

Grizz
Old 10-21-2018, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Helicopter parenting at it's worst.

Grizz

If she's so "sorry" then let her prove it by making restitution - with the bucket and small brush I mentioned.

Any "apology" without restitution is just empty words, which is to say a bunch of BS. Bernardo comes to mind.

BTW, I had a real hard time reading that link. Punctuation doesn't seem to be her strong point.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckincity View Post
If she's so "sorry" then let her prove it by making restitution - with the bucket and small brush I mentioned.

Any "apology" without restitution is just empty words, which is to say a bunch of BS. Bernardo comes to mind.

BTW, I had a real hard time reading that link. Punctuation doesn't seem to be her strong point.
If you read it in a monotone voice way easier to read
Ship her back to Canada and let our system put her on trial She will spend an eternity of an hour in court and probably get her parking ticket validated by the court.
Make the two of them wash that whole wall by hand with a small brush and do it again when it dries. Stay in jail till trial date.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
https://ca.gofundme.com/terms

They don't seem to have any rules against raising money for a vague need.

She is gone for 10 years. What costs is she going to incur. Sell all her stuff to pay for it. Got a car? Sell it. In 10 years they will be self driving.

Clothing? Out of style.

Electronics? Out dated tech.

Raising money for a convicted criminal seems silly. She admitted it. She should beg for community service at a buddist temple cleaning floors and offering penance.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-22-2018, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
Where are these comments? Can't seem to find them??

I see she's employed as a ramp agent with westjet. Likely won't see the airline doing a 'feel good' story for these actions!

Last edited by Albertadiver; 10-22-2018 at 12:10 PM.