Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-17-2018, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Yeah, that's your choice. If you like the smell, all the better for you.

or golf clubs

or a television

or an atv

or heroin

or gopher poison

was there some point or are we just throwing in random things to draw attention away from weed?

I don't drink or smoke dope so keep swingin big fella. I'd actually like to draw more attention to alcohol and it's inherent dangers.

I just think it's hilarious watching the far righties go nuts...as they crack another beer and spew vitriol. If you ever wanted to get up to speed Ken you might do some research via good ol google on which substance causes more issues...around the entire world.

Alcohol kills more people than all other drugs combined and is the third leading preventable cause of death in the U.S.. Ones ok because it's been legal longer though.

I bet you'd actually be a hoot stoned Ken. Get the ol sphinc loosened up, lose some of the paranoia, and you'd probably be a fun guy. Whack a magpie. Take a hit.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:51 PM

Hilarious listening to alcohol junkies who get their drugs from a bottle complain about weed junkies who get their drugs from a baggie.....
Old 10-17-2018, 09:59 PM

Quote:
You have never experienced this? Lifetime smoker or something? Nasal infection that left you without any sense of smell?

Canada, USA, pick a province, state, city town park arena theatre mall....

All it means to me is I will stop spending money where I smell skunk.

If people feel they must smell that way in public places we just will get our money back and leave. No big deal.
Hopefully the big fad passes and people at some point realize the stench annoys non users, but I sure don't hold out much hope for that. Most I have seen or blissfully ignorant of the stink or just do not give a fornication if they offend anyone else.
THIS! Well said
Old 10-17-2018, 10:33 PM

I don't partake, but wifey does. Not for me. Happy she is no longer a criminal. It's the only thing that helps severe and crippling endometriosis pain. Lies on the floor in the fetal position for hours at a time. Has been prescribed all kinds of strong and dangerous prescription drugs, but it is the best result for her. I'm not a user, but have nothing against it, and believe it has benefits. Just be responsible, and life is good
Old 10-18-2018, 04:26 AM

It was legal medicinally for those who truly needed it. Nothing wrong with that. They tended not to be the ones that toked in public everywhere. Although I’m sure there were doctors who prescribed for having finger nail discomfort.

Can and will the conservatives repeal recreational legalization when they get in next election?

Now they have the news footage of everyone who lined up at the stores for it and credit card numbers of who’s buying it online. Better than a gun registry.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:37 AM

I don’t foresee the conservatives trying to repeal the cannabis law. I believe there are more pressing issues. ie: pipelines, trade. C71 & C69 are what they will repeal, hopefully.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:10 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by does it ALL outdoors View Post
Our draconian liquor laws desperately need to be updated.
Along with a lot of historical documents...shred and catch up with the times....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-18-2018, 09:48 AM

Last night there were parts of the Southland dog park that stunk enough I though there was an impromptu burning man going on.

But really if you can smoke tobacco there you should be able to smoke weed too.

And you should be able to enjoy a beer in a park.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:27 AM

Aulrich you just hit on an interesting topic.

There was a muffled uproar a while ago, nobody could drink outside their camper while in provincial parks. Sask I think for sure, maybe Alberta. The very sight of a beer bottle apparently was so offensive that the RCMP and F&W could hand out tickets and seize coolers.

Now I can't have a bottle of Sleeman's with my battered walleye but I have to smell that manure everywhere? Think it will not be in campgrounds? LOL!!!

It's racial profiling, I think we should file a human rights complaint.

Worked for the dopers

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-18-2018, 10:57 AM

You guys never thought of just putting your beer in a coffee mug or something like that. Nobody will have a clue what's in there. Or will it not hold enough
Old 10-18-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkslayer132 View Post
You guys never thought of just putting your beer in a coffee mug or something like that. Nobody will have a clue what's in there. Or will it not hold enough
You can get some pretty big coffee mugs these days!
Old 10-18-2018, 11:27 AM

Quote:

There was a muffled uproar a while ago, nobody could drink outside their camper while in provincial parks. Sask I think for sure, maybe Alberta. The very sight of a beer bottle apparently was so offensive that the RCMP and F&W could hand out tickets and seize coolers.

Now I can't have a bottle of Sleeman's with my battered walleye but I have to smell that manure everywhere? Think it will not be in campgrounds? LOL!!!

Worked for the dopers

I know in Manitoba they have an alcohol ban in Provincial campgrounds, but as I understand it it's only enforced on long weekends and used as a tool to keep things from getting out of hand. I haven't heard of a LEO pulling into a campsite and making Jim and Martha pour out their red solo cups at 8 30 at night right before they go to bed lol.
It's more of a tool to be able to shut down a campsite with 20 kids with booze all over the place.
Old 10-18-2018, 11:42 AM

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 10-18-2018, 11:44 AM

Canadian pot, now less dangerous. Unless you possess too much at once.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Willie caught with it.jpg (39.2 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg Willie on bales.jpg (47.7 KB, 91 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-18-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Worked for the dopers

Parks Canada has approved it already for campgrounds
Old 10-18-2018, 11:46 AM

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/par...raft-1.4863703
Old 10-18-2018, 01:31 PM

Thumbs up Revenue generator

$672 ticket for consuming cannabis in a motor vehicle on a highway; issued by the Winnipeg police 1 hour after legalization.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cannabis ticket.jpg (56.0 KB, 58 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 10-18-2018, 01:37 PM

Never seen a thread filled with so many tolerant people. True Canadians in here hahaha
Old 10-18-2018, 01:44 PM

Let’s ban forest fires. The smell annoy’s. let’s do a total cull on skunk’s the smell annoy’s.
If your dog gets wet you had better get it out of here. The smell annoy’s and don’t you dare think about cooking any food I don’t like.... deportation if the only answer grumble grumble grumble
Old 10-18-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
$672 ticket for consuming cannabis in a motor vehicle on a highway; issued by the Winnipeg police 1 hour after legalization.
Dumb people at work....

I see the government can cash in on this in more ways than one. Quite clever of them.
Old 10-18-2018, 01:51 PM

The smell or anyone doing it does not bother me at all. Just wonder why it is not the same as alcohol. Either make alcohol legal to consume outside of licensed establishments or make pot smokers go inside seems like a double standard.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
On any given day 100’s if not 1000’s of alcohol impaired drivers are arrested, from what I understand is the driver was sent on his way after.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxcore View Post
On any given day 100’s if not 1000’s of alcohol impaired drivers are arrested, from what I understand is the driver was sent on his way after.
I did find it interesting that the charge wasn't for impaired driving, nor was the other ticket that I saw issued yesterday for marijuana / motor vehicle related matter , for impaired driving.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy honker View Post
It was legal medicinally for those who truly needed it. Nothing wrong with that. They tended not to be the ones that toked in public everywhere. Although I’m sure there were doctors who prescribed for having finger nail discomfort.

Can and will the conservatives repeal recreational legalization when they get in next election?

Now they have the news footage of everyone who lined up at the stores for it and credit card numbers of who’s buying it online. Better than a gun registry.
The conservative stance on full legalization is they will not invest any time if elected towards putting the genie back in the bottle, people are going to enjoy a big joint just like others enjoy a drink/coffee or cigarette not to mention it’s safer then all those lol
Old 10-18-2018, 03:25 PM
Banned

It's like anything...thousands of users will do so responsibly and with some consideration for those around them....but a few will be jakwads and ruin it for many.
Gee...sounds exactly like firearms.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtodrick View Post
It's like anything...thousands of users will do so responsibly and with some consideration for those around them....but a few will be jakwads and ruin it for many.
Gee...sounds exactly like firearms.
Or booze, or vehicles, or...
Old 10-18-2018, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Complaining about the smell outside is ridiculous, the smoke drifts away in a few seconds, but some people just love whining about smoke of any kind. I agree diesels are the worst, I would like to see them ticketed when they sit and idle stinking up a whole parking lot.
You see thousands of people every day in Edmonton and other cities standing beside the curb inhaling that stinking diesel from the buses, every day all day long.............and you don't here a peep from them.
Ya they stand at the curb and inhale cause they are as well user's. Transit user's. I definitely hate being behind a diesel that spews a huge black cloud of smoke I can't see through for the next block. And these people think it's pretty cool. Guess it's time to open a munchie wagon for all those special events.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:46 PM

Talking

Quote:
You know what, maybe I do like this new act.
Think of the money we are going to make catching all the morons like that!!! LOL!
Next they will be whining about 'it's all a cash grab' LOL!
Maybe the potheads should have a license plate that shows they are 'on the list' so Police will have a better idea on who to "randomly check"

Old 10-18-2018, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
You know what, maybe I do like this new act.
Think of the money we are going to make catching all the morons like that!!! LOL!
Next they will be whining about 'it's all a cash grab' LOL!
Maybe the potheads should have a license plate that shows they are 'on the list' so Police will have a better idea on who to "randomly check"
The Alberta Government made $730.000 yesterday. Hopefully they use it to address the opioid problem and clean the bums that are eye sores in every city.

You remind me of taikwon Doug

https://youtu.be/6UnTTb_DGLg

Last edited by ^v^Tinda wolf^v^; 10-18-2018 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:11 PM

Sold 730000 of it. Probably made like 100k.

Meanwhile they lost 100 million yesterday due to low differential price we are getting for our oil sand oil. Good job prioritizing nutlety. Clap. Clap. Clap.