Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-10-2017, 01:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
When it is legalized it will be legal to grow your own for recreational use. The companies will take a hit then.
Yeah those 4 plants per household will really hit those companies hard!! lol

Who are the regular average joes gonna buy their seeds from? Oh ya those companies.
Old 04-10-2017, 01:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
When it is legalized it will be legal to grow your own for recreational use. The companies will take a hit then.
The police are arguing against growing it at home. Hopefully it sticks as it would only contribute to a whole rash of other problems.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/poli...-pot-1.3972618
Old 04-10-2017, 02:23 PM

Meh. The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police wields to much power as it is. We tell them what we want, not the other way around. If we listened to them we'd still have a gun registry, because, well it was so effective.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-10-2017, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by play.soccer View Post
who are the regular average joes gonna buy their seeds from? Oh ya those companies.
the same place they get it now.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:13 PM

ACB up .49 today!! 17.5% in a day. Pretty.sweet.
Old 04-10-2017, 09:27 PM

There have been people doubling their investments on these penny stocks already.
Your either going to have to find a new cheappie or your to late and have to join the crowd to see where the ride will take you.
Rob
Old 04-11-2017, 08:47 AM

I think you have to have atleast a couple pot stocks. Buy 1500-2500$ worth for giggles. Not enough that it ll affect anything in your savings etc.

You got to think if this stuff is legal some of these companies will be the kokanees and molsons of marijuana. You buy the stocks for 2-10$ today and twenty years from now they may be paying 1-2$ dividends because booze and weed are essentially institutions in society. A mature supplier will probably be paying out the profits just like tobacco and booze does.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
ACB up .49 today!! 17.5% in a day. Pretty.sweet.
How much is it up today? Ouch

After legislation introduction it looks like the grow at home will stick. 4 plants less than 1 metre. Not a smart move on the feds part in my opinion, lots of idiots burning their homes down. I bet the insurance industry steps in quick and says hasta la vista baby on anybody wanting insurance if they grow pot. Can't blame them either.

Last edited by Weedy1; 04-13-2017 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:12 PM
Banned

Less than one meter ? Are they talking about the dandelions in the average yard here. Makes me wonder why they are even bothering with the public cultivation aspect at this rate. First they start out saying in their platform up to four ounces or eight plants I do believe and now it's four plants under a meter tall and a skinny joint Are they going to have the meter stick police checking everyone's four plants. Please, at this rate it sounds like problems are coming before they even get off the ground. Save the headache and stick with a QP limit and be done with it. Why tie up the justice system with this nonsense they Will try and enforce.

Best way to get rich is to avoid stocks and create ones own company then turn it into a booming corporation. Get the right seeds, technology and of coarse plenty of experience and jump on the bus peeps. It's going to be a heck of a ride and I'm going to be smiling the whole way to the top!
Old 04-13-2017, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedy1 View Post
How much is it up today? Ouch

After legislation introduction it looks like the grow at home will stick. 4 plants less than 1 metre. Not a smart move on the feds part in my opinion, lots of idiots burning their homes down. I bet the insurance industry steps in quick and says hasta la vista baby on anybody wanting insurance if they grow pot. Can't blame them either.
Carbon tax, think of the power bills for grow lights!
Old 05-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
A post earlier today got me thinking. Has anyone bought into the marijuana stock frenzy or any other crazy overvalued stocks? There seems to be a lot of speculative trading and interesting things happening in the market nowadays. I got a real kick out of Marc Cohodes on BNN yesterday concerning the real estate situation in Toronto.

http://www.bnn.ca/video/cohodes-stil...capital~981334

How big of a bubble can be blown? When do you leave the party and take your party favors?
So? Anybody short Home Capital?
Old 05-12-2017, 08:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Carbon tax, think of the power bills for grow lights!
LED with a built in full color spectrum 😎
Old 05-12-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
So? Anybody short Home Capital?
I wish I was a few months ago. It is a scary short right now, could easily go either way I think. The business model is sound and its not like they are having huge numbers of defaults on their mortgage book. They are suffering a run on deposits in a highly leveraged business. Maybe a deep pocket will swoop in and pick up the scraps, like the pension fund thats already into them a couple billion. Fascinating to watch it unfold.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
I wish I was a few months ago. It is a scary short right now, could easily go either way I think. The business model is sound and its not like they are having huge numbers of defaults on their mortgage book. They are suffering a run on deposits in a highly leveraged business. Maybe a deep pocket will swoop in and pick up the scraps, like the pension fund thats already into them a couple billion. Fascinating to watch it unfold.
I just hope that deep pocket isn't the Can Gov't. The players need to be very careful right now. I'm starting to think this whole fiasco cascading into a world of financial fear is becoming a reality. The bank stocks are reflecting the sentiment right now. I went stateside today, hugely, as Trump would say.
Old 05-12-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
I just hope that deep pocket isn't the Can Gov't. The players need to be very careful right now. I'm starting to think this whole fiasco cascading into a world of financial fear is becoming a reality. The bank stocks are reflecting the sentiment right now. I went stateside today, hugely, as Trump would say.
Anythings possible, we got the moodys downgrade of canadian banks this week, houshold debt at record highs and yeilds pointing higher. All this is getting baked into the price of the stocks. We had a downgrade in 2013 of our banks which turned into a non-event. Household debt is an old story. Yeilds and how fast they rise are the wild card I think. Inflation seems pretty benign for now but an oil shock or something else could trigger something. Almost certainly it will be something we don't expect that will cause the next crisis.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wish I was a few months ago. It is a scary short right now, could easily go either way I think.
Yah wouldn't be doing that right now unless I found a lamp in the desert.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:13 PM

Just reviving this one. Curious to see how many folks are getting in on the weed stocks now or if they think they are getting a bit to frothy here.
Old 11-30-2017, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Bought 250000 shares of MMJ at 3 cents, it's at 5 cents. I'm up $4000+. It hit 6.5 cents a few weeks ago. Holding on just to see what could happen. Also have ACB and BLO (breathalyzer company)
Lolz MMJ is at 32c plus or minus 1c currently. Still got my 250000 shares hahahaha
Old 11-30-2017, 10:46 PM

Any thoughts on a security company stock worth buying ?? Surely there will be a boom in that industry.
Thanks
Old 11-30-2017, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahfaye View Post
Any thoughts on a security company stock worth buying ?? Surely there will be a boom in that industry.
Thanks
Why would there be a boom in security?
Old 12-01-2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Just reviving this one. Curious to see how many folks are getting in on the weed stocks now or if they think they are getting a bit to frothy here.
Just set a stop lost and let it ride ....
Old 12-01-2017, 03:55 AM

Quote:

Not weed but hemp yes.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:13 AM

I loaded up something like 8000$ worth over the summer for giggles thinking they might go up 10% or so in the fall when the legislation came out. I was getting 500-1000$ per day in gains for the last month or more it seems. Sold 60% and the rest can ride until i croak.

Aurora is up 180%, others were 75% ish...... the weed is injecting billions in new investment i to the economy, just think when the supply chains, stores etc have to start getting ramped up for legal sale.

No longer is it some guy in a ragged old buick with a truck full of weed cruising around not paying taxes. Look at booze and how far reaching its economic effects are.

Pot can have alot of potential, more and more places legalize it and it works out reasonably well for pretty much everyone, now we are at a poi t where whole cou tries are legalizing the stuff. If it works out good i imagine other countries will jump on board.

Big liquor will probably try and buy out its competitors or get a piece of the action too
Old 12-01-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Lolz MMJ is at 32c plus or minus 1c currently. Still got my 250000 shares hahahaha
Nice gains
Old 12-01-2017, 10:42 AM

I was thinking of buying stock in Canopy Growth back in July when it was 8$. I didn't and now that it is at 18$ I guess I should have.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:01 PM

Hopefully some of you guys are loving the last two days.
Old 01-03-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Bought 14980 shares of ACB around 20 months ago? .47 a share.

$14.20 today!!! yep im lovin it!!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
like a fright train hope it stays on track .
Old 01-03-2018, 04:09 PM

not a stock i suppose,

but i bought XRP at .042. up over 3 bucks today.
im happy!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
Bought 14980 shares of ACB around 20 months ago? .47 a share.

$14.20 today!!! yep im lovin it!!
Congrats, that's amazing!

I wish I'd bought more of course, but I went withTHC in April, went up something like 75% yesterday and 88% today.