Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-22-2011, 08:49 AM
Banned

Default NDP overtake Liberals...Layton to be next PM

The dippers are now polling ahead of the Libs. This means if the Tories only get a minority again...Taliban Jack would be PM. Jack Layton...Prime Minister of Canada. Let that sink in for a bit.

I'm curious what Albertans would do if Jack Layton became PM and started following through with all of his campaign promises...oilsands moratorium, cap and trade, etc etc.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:52 AM
Gone Hunting

Slap his momma!!

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-22-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
Slap his momma!!
even blind people are picking jack,,looks like the type of guy to seat and have a beer with.slow down the tar sand before its all givin away.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Gone Hunting

Oh yeah!! I never thought of that. I guess that's cause they don't see what is going on.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 04-22-2011, 09:03 AM

I can understand why they would want to take away some of albertas wealth, but why would they be stupid enough to try and screw the entire economy? Our dollar has been above the US for months now! And these retards are just gonna screw all of that up!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:44 AM

Layton's polling ahead of the Bloc in Québec as well. Funny, you guys are all scared of him actually turning that into seats on election day; I'm afraid of it splitting the vote and the Cons coming up the middle to get a majority.

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
Layton's polling ahead of the Bloc in Québec as well. Funny, you guys are all scared of him actually turning that into seats on election day; I'm afraid of it splitting the vote and the Cons coming up the middle to get a majority.
You're not going to win any friends on this forum with a comment like that. Anything other than Tory majority has the potential to sink this province. The Canadian public as a whole can't walk and chew gum at the same and the only reason many of them are still alive is because it's illegal to put them down. A Layton led coalition is very unlikely, if he came in second Iggy would never agree to play second fiddle and be duputy PM. We'd just be into another election. Lets hope the Hab's don't choke Saturday like they did last night, it gave me a bad stomach watching that game.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Conservatives getting a majority.... you say that like its a bad thing!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 AM

My Easter Prayer....

Dear Lord. May this election be to the lieberals what Raffi Torres is opposing players. Obliteration. Amen.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:58 AM

This is just my $0.02 but I think Jack Layton seems wishy washy with what he says in his commercials.

People can mess with life, but people can't mess with time.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:06 AM

Ever listen to him talk. Lots of words come out of his mouth but he never really says anything.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:08 AM

Quote:
The reality of quebec losing it's noose around the ROCs neck is starting to sink in.

Get used to it. Hopefully we are smart enough to level the playing field, and keep some of our tax dollars at home. quebecers may as well get jobs, drill some of that gas you've got for a start. Maybe try and steal some more from Newfoundland. That should keep your lights on in the short term. The ROC is sick of you welfare state, cry babies.

"I find it interesting that some folk will pay to use a range, use a golf course, use a garage bay but think landowners should have to give permission for free. Do these same people think hookers should be treated like landowners?" pitw
Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 AM

I am actually surprised at the number of flaming lefties on this site...I mean really is there not something in the forum rules that prohibits them posting?
Old 04-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Banned

this is good news for harper, the people who vote ndp wouldn't vote conservative anyways, they are taking votes from the liberals which is vote splitting,all the commericials I have seen for the ndp most of them are going after iggy not harper, and them taking some seats from the bloc is a good thing,but the last few elections the same thing has happened, only to have ndp voters go back to the liberals at the last minute.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:03 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoast View Post
this is good news for harper, the people who vote ndp wouldn't vote conservative anyways, they are taking votes from the liberals which is vote splitting,all the commericials I have seen for the ndp most of them are going after iggy not harper, and them taking some seats from the bloc is a good thing,but the last few elections the same thing has happened, only to have ndp voters go back to the liberals at the last minute.

That's about how I see it too.

I don't think anyone has anything to fear from Slippery Jack.
No matter what the polls say, there aren't enough communists in Canada to get him elected to anything other then leader of the Communist party, er I mean the NDP.

One has to realize that there is a lot of slight of hand in those polls.
If you ask the right question you'll get the answer you want.

So how do you convince people that the NDP can win, tell them Jack is more popular then all the rest. But no one would take the NDPs word for that so how do you do it. With a poll of course.

I don't know what the question was, but I bet it went something like this.
"Who would you rather have coffee with, Steve, Michael or Jack."

If you put this question to folks east of Manitoba what do you think they would say? I'd bet they'd rather have coffee with Taliban Jack the a Russian aristocrat or a westerner. (in there eyes.)

At that point one could clam to have a poll that shows Jack is more popular then the other two.

Think about it folks do you really think that Francophone would rather be led by a Communist or one of their own.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:20 PM

Layton is a Quebecer originally, I believe. Maybe he'll go back to run it when they seperate.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
That's about how I see it too.

I don't think anyone has anything to fear from Slippery Jack.
No matter what the polls say, there aren't enough communists in Canada to get him elected to anything other then leader of the Communist party, er I mean the NDP.

One has to realize that there is a lot of slight of hand in those polls.
If you ask the right question you'll get the answer you want.

So how do you convince people that the NDP can win, tell them Jack is more popular then all the rest. But no one would take the NDPs word for that so how do you do it. With a poll of course.

I don't know what the question was, but I bet it went something like this.
"Who would you rather have coffee with, Steve, Michael or Jack."

If you put this question to folks east of Manitoba what do you think they would say? I'd bet they'd rather have coffee with Taliban Jack the a Russian aristocrat or a westerner. (in there eyes.)

At that point one could clam to have a poll that shows Jack is more popular then the other two.

Think about it folks do you really think that Francophone would rather be led by a Communist or one of their own.
anytime votes are split the other side wins, same thing happened for chretien under the deflated conservatives and the reform party back in the 90's and early 2000's,the same thing is gonna happen in the us next year with the tea party and trump,palin,ron paul who ever runs the right will split the vote and the left will win again,the only reason clinton came to office was because ross perot split the right vote in 92, same thing for george w bush to a lesser extent with gore and ralph nader in 00.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
anytime votes are split the other side wins, same thing happened for chretien under the deflated conservatives and the reform party back in the 90's and early 2000's,the same thing is gonna happen in the us next year with the tea party and trump,palin,ron paul who ever runs the right will split the vote and the left will win again,the only reason clinton came to office was because ross perot split the right vote in 92, same thing for george w bush to a lesser extent with gore and ralph nader in 00.
I agree the vote splitting will work in the Cons favor...whether it will get them a majority or not is yet to be seen. They are definitely in majority territory.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
A friendly taunt ^ from our NDP/Quebec member ... good-on-ya Roadkill! Our politics are miles apart, but I like your spunk

I too smiled when I heard that the NDP had passed the Libs in the polls. There'll be lots of Left-side vote splitting going on this time around ... playing right into the hands of the Conservatives.

It won't be long now. May 2nd is only 10 days away!

TF
Old 04-22-2011, 02:56 PM

If Jack coming in second ensured a Conservative majority, I would donate money to the NDP. Anything to embarrass the Liebrles and finally let this country get working again.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
You're not going to win any friends on this forum with a comment like that. Anything other than Tory majority has the potential to sink this province. The Canadian public as a whole can't walk and chew gum at the same and the only reason many of them are still alive is because it's illegal to put them down. A Layton led coalition is very unlikely, if he came in second Iggy would never agree to play second fiddle and be duputy PM. We'd just be into another election. Lets hope the Hab's don't choke Saturday like they did last night, it gave me a bad stomach watching that game.
Yeah, but everyone here already knows I'm AO's loyal opposition, so I figured I'd not surprise anyone.

I agree with you that a coalition is unlikely, though. Or at least, less likely than a Conservative majority. I mean, this is the chance, right? Because Harper is the wrong leader to swing swing Ontario or Québec any other way.

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:46 PM

Location: 3rd rock from the sun, formerly from 4th rock from the sun
Thumbs up

Conservative Majority all the way
Old 04-22-2011, 05:46 PM

I need a beer!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyreefer View Post
The reality of quebec losing it's noose around the ROCs neck is starting to sink in.

Get used to it. Hopefully we are smart enough to level the playing field, and keep some of our tax dollars at home. quebecers may as well get jobs, drill some of that gas you've got for a start. Maybe try and steal some more from Newfoundland. That should keep your lights on in the short term. The ROC is sick of you welfare state, cry babies.
Thanks for lowering the tone of the conversation.

Quote:
It's true that people will say one thing in a poll, then turn around and vote the way they did last time. That's bit the NDP in the ar53 more times than I care to count. Of course, I'm kind of hoping that this election actually *changes* something, so news of even remotely-possible changes in the vote are interesting to me.

But you know what? I don't care if the whole country shifts right, falls off the table and lands butter-side down, so long as people actually get out and vote. I mean, it was under 60% last time. That says that a lot of people don't like any of the parties. I don't know about you, but if I only engaged 60% of my clients, I'd be fired. We have to find a way to get voters out and voting.

I also agree with you about the vote split making weird things happen. That's also what happened in the Liberal leadership convention that ended up putting Stéphane Dion in the driver's seat. Yeesh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriggerFinger View Post
A friendly taunt ^ from our NDP/Quebec member ... good-on-ya Roadkill! Our politics are miles apart, but I like your spunk
I'm just trying to keep things interesting around here. Now, where did I put that asbestos underwear...

Old 04-22-2011, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by great white whaler View Post
I need a beer!!!!!!
I'll vote for that ^

I've had a real hard day, and I could sure use a beer ... make mine Scotish, and make it BIG

TF
Old 04-22-2011, 06:52 PM

[QUOTE=TriggerFinger;916393]I'll vote for that ^

I've had a real hard day, and I could sure use a beer ... make mine Scotish, and make it BIG

I thought it was 77 days,,innis an gunn is not bad,,but strong ,,,6 beers ,,,i/am than loaded
Old 04-22-2011, 06:52 PM

This is the kind of week I've had:

Old 04-22-2011, 07:06 PM
Gone Hunting

^^^^ better enjoy that while you can, 'cause if the election goes how you want...the 14 Billion a year we send down there will be a fond memory only....lucky to have food...let alone beer......
Old 04-22-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
I mean, it was under 60% last time. That says that a lot of people don't like any of the parties. ..
No it's far worse than that. What it says is that people don't have a clue what the parties stand for, who their leaders are or have any idea who they would vote for even if they knew that there is an election happening. Thats why 40% don't vote. They're too busy texting and playing on facebook to know what going on in real life.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
No it's far worse than that. What it says is that people don't have a clue what the parties stand for, who their leaders are or have any idea who they would vote for even if they knew that there is an election happening. Thats why 40% don't vote. They're too busy texting and playing on facebook to know what going on in real life.
You're likely not wrong... And not making me feel any better about the whole situation.