Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-06-2020, 08:25 AM

Default Burns out Masvidal in.

Should be a good main card on the 11th. Should have been the fight that happened in the first place.
Old 07-06-2020, 08:48 AM

Usman gonna rag doll Street Jesus....
Old 07-06-2020, 09:12 AM

I like that fight better - could be more entertaining.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:21 AM

I honestly wish it would have been the Colby Rematch but thats just me.

YouTube:@huyfishin Fishing Videos!

Respect wildlife
Old 07-06-2020, 09:59 AM

Masvidal is either going to get humbled in defeat or will be even more obnoxious in victory.
Either way, I'm looking forward to this matchup.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:49 AM

The timing of this is quite impeccable. Today is the one year anniversary Mazvidal shocked the world with the quickest knockout in UFC history....
Old 07-06-2020, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
I honestly wish it would have been the Colby Rematch but thats just me.
I’d rather see Connor go to 170 and fight Colby. Connor Vs Colby would be a huge money fight and would garner huge pay per view numbers in my opinion.
The lead up and trash talking would be unmatched to anything the UFC has had in the past....
Old 07-08-2020, 12:01 PM

Mazvidal’s coach Mike Brown won’t be making the trip as he has tested positive for the Covid.

6 days notice and without one of his main coaches. I’m hoping I’m wrong about my prediction that Usman will rag doll him but I’m uncertain if he can stuff Usman’s takedowns...
Old 07-08-2020, 12:15 PM

Mike perry had a 12 year old in his corner.

Masvidal will be fine. haha

Respect wildlife
Old 07-08-2020, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuyFishin View Post
Mike perry had a 12 year old in his corner.

Masvidal will be fine. haha
Ha ha
Old 07-08-2020, 05:52 PM

I'm thinking Usman has the world fooled, the guy can't walk down stairs because his knees are so bad.
Woodley is a shadow of his prior self, his poor performance elevated Usman's win.
Usman hasn't had a KO since 2017 and only 1 in the last 11, or since he signed with the UFC.
I think if he faced Robbie Lawler he'd die.
He's not going to TKO Masvidal

Street Jesus baptizes Usman
Old 07-12-2020, 01:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I'm thinking Usman has the world fooled, the guy can't walk down stairs because his knees are so bad.
Woodley is a shadow of his prior self, his poor performance elevated Usman's win.
Usman hasn't had a KO since 2017 and only 1 in the last 11, or since he signed with the UFC.
I think if he faced Robbie Lawler he'd die.
He's not going to TKO Masvidal

Street Jesus baptizes Usman
I WAS WRONG
Old 07-12-2020, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhad View Post
I WAS WRONG
Yes and I feel good knowing I didn’t buy this pay per view. Enjoying the post fight press conference right now...
Old 07-12-2020, 07:59 AM

The main event reminded me of Rashad Evans instead of what I expected from Usman when he protected his tittle by hugging and pushing people up and against the fence, and occasionally dragging them down and doing not a whole bunch.

Yeah Usman won. But the first round showed that Jesus was going to take it to him and make it a long night for him. Unfortunately, with 6 days notice and having to drop 22 pounds in 5 days before weigh in, I think Jesus ran out of juice. It was obvious. Too bad actually - it really would have been a better match and a different fight with a full camp to prepare.

The other thing was the only damage Usman inflicted was him swinging and grinding his head around and into Masvidal's face and a kick in the balls like usual for that guy. How does a guy do that every fight and not get a warning, two head buts and two cuts and nothing?

Masvidal did scramble out and didn't make it easy for Usman, but at the end of the day Usman layed and leaned on him enough to control the fight and dragged him down a number of times.

There was no rag dolling there whatsoever - in fact Masvidal was the better striker in my mind. It was more like Masvidal had to wear a heavy, wet blanket for 5 rounds.

At least they got this decision right - Usman did do more and did enough

Last edited by EZM; 07-12-2020 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:08 PM

Full fight is on youtube for those that missed it.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
The main event reminded me of Rashad Evans instead of what I expected from Usman when he protected his tittle by hugging and pushing people up and against the fence, and occasionally dragging them down and doing not a whole bunch.

Yeah Usman won. But the first round showed that Jesus was going to take it to him and make it a long night for him. Unfortunately, with 6 days notice and having to drop 22 pounds in 5 days before weigh in, I think Jesus ran out of juice. It was obvious. Too bad actually - it really would have been a better match and a different fight with a full camp to prepare.

The other thing was the only damage Usman inflicted was him swinging and grinding his head around and into Masvidal's face and a kick in the balls like usual for that guy. How does a guy do that every fight and not get a warning, two head buts and two cuts and nothing?

Masvidal did scramble out and didn't make it easy for Usman, but at the end of the day Usman layed and leaned on him enough to control the fight and dragged him down a number of times.

There was no rag dolling there whatsoever - in fact Masvidal was the better striker in my mind. It was more like Masvidal had to wear a heavy, wet blanket for 5 rounds.

At least they got this decision right - Usman did do more and did enough
This is exactly why I hate watching Khabib. Same style but it works.

BTW MAX HOLLOWAY got robbed. I feel bad for him.

Respect wildlife
Old 07-13-2020, 03:31 AM

People that haven't been in a real fight have no idea about how important it is to not get hit . If you are strong enough and quick enough to grab the other guy and hold him so he can't hit you then you know what ? You will do that . And if you are a UFC fighter then you can get a lot of money if you can win fights doing that .

Usman won most of fights through his grappling ability but he showed vs Covington that he was a very good boxer outlanding and breaking the jaw of the doosh .

Usman is the best at 170 for now , he won't get as much press as the guys who resort to acting low class like Masvidal , McGregor and Covington . Usman's act is to win fights .