Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-08-2020, 07:01 PM
Banned

Default Ever notice?

They have pretty much abolished the sale of toy guns because they turn children into violent lunatics who play outside with their friends but the sales of violent video games that keep kids locked up away from any physical socializing and have violent scenes with prolific language and blood splattered everywhere, sensationalizing car jacking, murder, rape and is totally acceptable and on sale in every toy store in North America.

Then you have Karen..... I have Karen living two houses down, my 8 year old and his buddies were playing with an age appropriate drone in the park out front of the house, it lands in her yard, they go get it, she comes out and tells them to stay out of her yard and stay in the park......

Is the end near? It sure the hell seems like it, hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel we’ve dug.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:12 PM

In the old days it was take the pellet guns and be home when the street lights come on. Now a boy flies a drone and he's a delinquent.

I know what would have happened to Karen when I was a kid. Hint... they come in cartons and you can scramble or poach them. Just being honest.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:13 PM

Woe unto them that call ​​​evil​ ​​​good​, and good evil; that put ​​​darkness​ for ​​​light​, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

-Billy Molls
Old 07-08-2020, 07:16 PM

Am I evil or is Karen? Just wondering
Old 07-08-2020, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Am I evil or is Karen? Just wondering
Neither. Karen is both.

-Billy Molls
Old 07-08-2020, 07:20 PM
Banned

My kid was hunting magpies in the park with his little wooden sling shot, when out of the blue the cops show up, it was once again Karen. They drove right in the park and I’m sure it was once they discovered the perps weapon had a carving of winny the pooh in the handle that they gave him a hand full of paper targets to shoot at and went on their way. My son came in the house happier than a pig in poop with his encounter with the police. Karen probably COULDNT sleep that night.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:22 PM

My older sister is really named Karen, at a recent family dinner the subject of the recent use of her name came up and I told her with a straight face that it took me a lot of time on many social media platforms to get its use to take off

And yes, she may even be the OG in terms of left wing bully Karen's. I've been seeing some improvement though.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Banned

Don’t know if they still do but most of the dollar stores have a good selection of toy guns. Thankfully they are cheap because my kids broke weekly.
Years ago they had one of these https://www.amazon.ca/Nerf-N-Strike-.../dp/B003H9MTJ6 I came home from work one day and they had spray painted it black...I couldn’t stop laughing.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:29 PM

Every kid needs a slingshot and a spud gun. End of story.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:30 PM

Old jerks have been yelling "stay out of my yard" for as long as there have been old jerks.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
My kid was hunting magpies in the park with his little wooden sling shot, when out of the blue the cops show up, it was once again Karen. They drove right in the park and I’m sure it was once they discovered the perps weapon had a carving of winny the pooh in the handle that they gave him a hand full of paper targets to shoot at and went on their way. My son came in the house happier than a pig in poop with his encounter with the police. Karen probably COULDNT sleep that night.
She must have mistook it for an assault slingshot, designed to fire the highest amount of rocks in the shortest amount of time
Old 07-08-2020, 07:51 PM

I can sympathize with Karen about kids in the yard, The neighbors kids on both sides of me go into my yard all the time without permission. It drives me nuts because it makes my dog go crazy. All I want is them to ask so the dog wont freak out but they never do.

The rest of it she sounds like she needs to lighten up.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 07-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
I can sympathize with Karen about kids in the yard, The neighbors kids on both sides of me go into my yard all the time without permission. It drives me nuts because it makes my dog go crazy. All I want is them to ask so the dog wont freak out but they never do.

The rest of it she sounds like she needs to lighten up.
Karen doesn’t have a dog, she has a cat that will sit on my front deck and drive my dog nuts, I’m not even joking.
Old 07-08-2020, 07:57 PM

a super soaker full of vinegar works well on stray cats.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 07-08-2020, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
a super soaker full of vinegar works well on stray cats.
So do traps i hear
Old 07-08-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I know what would have happened to Karen when I was a kid. Hint... they come in cartons and you can scramble or poach them. Just being honest.
I hear you sns2 but mine would have involved what my dog does in the back yard a brown paper bag a bic lighter and a doorbell. Lol.

Last edited by Greatwest; 07-08-2020 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:37 AM

I was telling my kids about a time (I was maybe 12-13) and a buddy and I were riding our bikes with 22's slung over our shoulders on our way to a field that was in the city limits (albeit on the outskirts) but well within the city and a police car came up behind us and asked what we are doing. Calgary Police.

I told the cop "we are just going down the road to shoot some gophers with our 22's".

He asked me if I knew how far a 22 bullet travels. I said "yeah, my dad says over a mile so we need to be careful not to shoot anywhere toward houses or cows or anything like that".

He said, "OK guys, be careful" and he drove off.

That would never happen today - and I'm not even 50 yet - times have changed and the snowflakes have ruined us all - 50 years from we will no longer be allowed scissors.
Old 07-10-2020, 11:51 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey Cox View Post
Old jerks have been yelling "stay out of my yard" for as long as there have been old jerks.
yup that has not changed.....now I want to go watch Gran Torino....

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-10-2020, 11:55 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatwest View Post
I hear you sns2 but mine would have involved what my dog does in the back yard a brown paper bag a bic lighter and a doorbell. Lol.
yup and we use to egg the ol'coots too...but if got caught man you got a beating....so it came with well lets say immediate negative consequences....

on our bikes, guns strapped on, to the local hardware store to buy cartridges then off we go....10 yeas old....no issues.....

every neighborhood has a ol'poop…..

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 07-10-2020, 12:01 PM

I took the Bus when I was 12 or 14 to WW Arcade ( Down Town Edmonton) bought my first gun then returned home on the bus, nobody called to police back then , times are a changing, now
Old 07-10-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
They have pretty much abolished the sale of toy guns because they turn children into violent lunatics who play outside with their friends but the sales of violent video games that keep kids locked up away from any physical socializing and have violent scenes with prolific language and blood splattered everywhere, sensationalizing car jacking, murder, rape and is totally acceptable and on sale in every.......store in North America.
Same with rap "music", or How To Be Murderous and Abusive, mostly toward women.

Quote:
Is the end near? It sure the hell seems like it, hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel we’ve dug.
Don't worry - its all part of our "cultural enrichment".
Just ask the lib-leftys and sjws.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:22 PM

Talking

Quote:

Karen doesn’t have a dog, she has a cat that will sit on my front deck and drive my dog nuts, I’m not even joking.

Karens and cats are like that 👆

Selkirk