Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-02-2010, 07:44 AM

Default Ughh sorry but.. Question about the PAL process

Ok so i remember seeing a thread on here about the process of the PAL license and how you can check on it to see how far along it is and how long its going to take or w.e lol. I searched through 50 pages and couldn't find the thread i was looking for. I've been waiting a month now to receive my PAL and i just want to see whats going on. Any help is appreciated!
Old 10-02-2010, 07:50 AM

I believe it says it takes at least 6 weeks to be processed, that is exactly how long it took for me. That said most people it take right around the 2 month mark. You can always watch you bank account to see if they took your payment yet as well. Also i restricted takes longer than a non restricted.

Nick
Old 10-02-2010, 08:19 AM

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/index-eng.htm
On the right hand side of page there is a place to check the status of your application.
Old 10-02-2010, 08:36 AM

Thats exactly what i was looking for Thank you!
Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 AM

the website to chek your status is a bit of a joke. Mine took just under 5 months to show up. The website only every said 1 of 3 different comments at any given time. Dont expect it to give you any indication as to when your license may be issued.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
the website to chek your status is a bit of a joke. Mine took just under 5 months to show up. The website only every said 1 of 3 different comments at any given time. Dont expect it to give you any indication as to when your license may be issued.
I had the exact same issue.... it took close to 5 months for mine to come in the mail... I'm not sure if that's because I got the restricted on as well or if that's just standard time..... I didn't find the website to be all that helpful.
November 2009 - My Grandfather got to see my first deer! Man was he proud! Told all his friends how his grand-daughter shot the deer right through the boiler-maker!....best day of my life! Rest In Peace Handsome!
Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 PM

Mine was just PAL. No restricted. Website basically tells you they recieved it and its processing. Then when its issued, it tells you it should show in hte mail in 2 weeks. then you know its on the way. Progress during the processing is not updated. At about 4 months emailed the website, contact us link, they said in reply that it was at the provincial approval level and they have no idea and to contact them. i didnt contact the prov cfo, but about a week later they called for a clarification on if I actually possesed rifles at this time, i said no and they said they would sign off that day. then it goes back east for the license issue and mail out. I would imagine after 50-60 days, a phone call to the prov level might speed up the rest of the process as it seems that is the slowest stretch of the journey.