Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 PM

Default Some people's kids.....

My dad lives on a farm and one of the fields gets geese and ducks passing through every year. My dad lets pretty much anyone who asks have permission to duck hunt there, even though he hunts there himself.

He's never had a problem, and the hunters are pretty good. However, this last week, a couple of guys asked permission. When my dad went out to the field after they left, there was a huge mess, the guys had left behind. Not only were there numerous beer cans and shotgun shells all over the place, but the hunters left behind the carcasses of many geese, as they had only taken the breasts.

My dad thought about calling F&W, but didn't have the names. It's people like that who give hunters a bad name. Good luck trying to get permission again fellas.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:12 PM
Banned

Goon, take a moment and think about it.. You dad says he has never had a problem and he lets on everyone... One group of 2 guys come along mess up the field and he shuts it down???

Lets be resonable here....

Jamie
Old 09-29-2010, 11:54 PM

^^^^ x2 years of good luck shouldn't be diminished by a bad few minutes.

He will remember who they are, don't let them on again.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:21 AM

I meant the guys who asked permission, and left the huge mess. THEY are the fellas who won't see permission any time soon. My dad still will give other people permission.

What goes around right? We get permission to hunt on some private land too, so he's all about being fair and paying it forward. Just sucks when someone comes along and leaves a huge mess. Totally disrespectful.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:57 AM
Banned

That really does suck.Maybe get licsence numbers from the hunters before they get to hunt.Any ethical guys will have no problem with that.I sure wouldn`t.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:00 AM

Unfortunatley the world is full of A - holes, good thing there are also responsible sportsmen to help balance it.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyd View Post
Unfortunatley the world is full of A - holes, good thing there are also responsible sportsmen to help balance it.
Darn rights! Its tough to hold your head high when you hear the things some so called hunters do. Its something i struggle with.
Old 09-30-2010, 05:47 AM

Default Some people's kids.....

Some people have no respect!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmc View Post
Darn rights! Its tough to hold your head high when you hear the things some so called hunters do. Its something i struggle with.
x2 and there seems to be more and more of these so called hunters every year!
Old 09-30-2010, 01:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hired_goon View Post
I meant the guys who asked permission, and left the huge mess. THEY are the fellas who won't see permission any time soon. My dad still will give other people permission.

What goes around right? We get permission to hunt on some private land too, so he's all about being fair and paying it forward. Just sucks when someone comes along and leaves a huge mess. Totally disrespectful.
Goon, sounds like you and your dad have made a great choice.
Gota wonder though who goes to the trouble of getting permision then makes such bone head choices.. DUHHHHHHHHHHH

Tell your Dad thanks for letting hunters on.

Where abouts are you guys anyhow?

Jamie
Old 09-30-2010, 02:25 PM

I don't get how guys like that keep finding places to hunt, I guess they must move between areas often, burning bridges like that.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:45 PM

The thing is, if they go round to place after place, bonehead actions like that could get good spots shut down, if the landowner was already reluctant about giving permission.

Like I said, my dad and I are hunters ourselves, so we know about the benefits to others who may not have the luxury of owning their own land. And true, one bad experience out of many years is very good.

Jamie - We're north of Morinville.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:14 PM

Its really too bad there are douchbags like that among us. Another thing that get my blood boiling is when I backpack out to the middle of nowhere and find pop cans and garbage left by idiots. There has been very few times this year that I have not packed someone elses garbage back out with me. People can get pretty ignorant.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
who goes to the trouble of getting permision then makes such bone head choices.. DUHHHHHHHHHHH

Tell your Dad thanks for letting hunters on.

Jamie

Jamie it's far from uncommon. Couple years ago I had a field of fresh seeded alfalfa[155 acre food plot] and everyone wanted to hunt as there was upwards of a 100 deer there every night. Two young fellows pull in the yard and ask if they can go hunt out there. I gave permission and the next thing I see is them with a couple rooster tails shooting out behind the truck, going out in my manicured field. I caught up in my Nissan and asked what the [L] they thought they were doing driving out there. The reply was "Hunting".

Goon good on your dad and you for being reasonable. Don't forget to ask the odd guys who show up to help with some heavy work for a few minutes.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hired_goon View Post

Jamie - We're north of Morinville.
And these hunters likely were from Moron-ville
Old 10-02-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
That really does suck.Maybe get licsence numbers from the hunters before they get to hunt.Any ethical guys will have no problem with that.I sure wouldn`t.
thats true, the guy i elk hunt on his properties takes our plate number, what type of car we drive, what type of calibers we use and full names and numbers and what days we hunted, i have no problems with it. i think every land owner should do this to weed the bad hunters from the good ones if it ever comes down to it.
Old 10-02-2010, 01:55 AM

alls I can say is don't let a bad apple spoil the batch. remember their face and that will fix them. Word spreads faster than wild fire!

A fella goes to all the trouble to get the permission and burns it like that, just baffles me.He's burned more than one bridge.
Old 10-02-2010, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke View Post
thats true, the guy i elk hunt on his properties takes our plate number, what type of car we drive, what type of calibers we use and full names and numbers and what days we hunted, i have no problems with it. i think every land owner should do this to weed the bad hunters from the good ones if it ever comes down to it.
X2! I have no problem giving my life story. I also like to get contact info from the land owner just to give him a call when something isn't right.( cut fences, trucks in field where I have been told foot access only, etc.)
Old 10-02-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherpeak View Post
I think this is a great idea!! If I had property that hunters wanted to hunt on I'd have no problem having that as a condition to hunt..... and I would have no problem leaving my license number with any property owner who will let me hunt on their land.
November 2009 - My Grandfather got to see my first deer! Man was he proud! Told all his friends how his grand-daughter shot the deer right through the boiler-maker!....best day of my life! Rest In Peace Handsome!