Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Banned

Default Rail mount system for a ruger MkII pistol

A while back, I purchased a Ruger MIII 22/45 from P and D and I mounted a red dot on the rail that accompanied the purchase.
My wife has a Ruger MKII and would like to see a red dot site mounted on her pistol. The problem being, that to mount a rail involves drilling and tapping for a picatinny or weaver base. I know that Ruger puts out a rear site dovetail base for a red dot site, but I can't order a dove mount rail from them as they do not ship across the border. Any ideas that isn't going to break the bank?
Thanks in advance folks
Old 02-25-2017, 06:32 PM

Default B-Square

https://www.amazon.ca/B-Square-Ruger.../dp/B000KOW5LS

This is an option but very expensive.

The following is another option if you can find 1 in Canada or if Midway will ship. Weigand makes good products. I have also been happy with the B-Square products I have used.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/412...led-and-tapped

Good Luck.
Old 02-25-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper View Post
A while back, I purchased a Ruger MIII 22/45 from P and D and I mounted a red dot on the rail that accompanied the purchase.
My wife has a Ruger MKII and would like to see a red dot site mounted on her pistol. The problem being, that to mount a rail involves drilling and tapping for a picatinny or weaver base. I know that Ruger puts out a rear site dovetail base for a red dot site, but I can't order a dove mount rail from them as they do not ship across the border. Any ideas that isn't going to break the bank?
Thanks in advance folks
http://www.snapshotsguns.com

Location snapshot in Quebec is the Ruger warranty centre for Canada and will be able to get what you want from Ruger. They are slow and you need to call back and check on progress regularly...
Old 02-25-2017, 10:41 PM
Banned

Frustrated that we can't seem to get items across the border, I'm tempted to convince my wife to sell her MkII target and put the money towards a MKIII or a MKIV with a picatinny or weaver rail. Oh how I wish we were the 51st state.
Update.. She is convinced.... it's up for grabs and the particulars can be seen in the buy and sell section if anyone is interested.

Last edited by trooper; 02-25-2017 at 10:58 PM.