Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Rifle14

Default Utikuma summer launch?

Hey all, just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere to launch a boat (14ft alum) from a trailer on Utikuma Lake? And how to get there from Spruce Point on the south side of Slave? I tried on another board, nobody knew of a summer launch point. Thanks,

Luke
Old 05-12-2007, 12:17 AM
Red Sky Shane

You can get to Utikuma by going the 50km east of Kinuso to get to Slave Lake, and go north on highway 88 to get there.

You also can go west of Kinuso to get to the highway going north to Grouard. It eventually gets to the lake too, but more on the west end.

Here's a map from my lake lot website to give you an idea how much of a long way around it is regardless of route...

www3.telus.net/public/lar.../maps2.htm

Sorry, but I can't tell you about the current launch opportunities. The one way I knew to get on the water was through private land. Try sending a PM to huntercam. He's a Utikuma junkie.

There also was quite a winterkill depending who you ask, so maybe it wouldn't be worth going to anyways.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:22 AM
FisherPotch

Does any one have any info on what realy happend up there? I've heard so many things.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Rifle14

It's a big enough lake I wouldn't think winterkill would be an issue.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Rifle14

heard today from a guy that its very shallow, winterkill IS an issue, and that he had to back a half mile into the lake to launch the one time he and his buddies tried. Anyone have any better, more positive experiences to share?