Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-12-2007, 09:22 PM
dodger

Default Slammin Slough Sharks

I was down south on a reservoir and the Pike action was pretty darn good. In the morning all the action was in 8' to 10' of water. When that slowed down around noon we tried 15' to 20' of water and the action started up again. There were no big ones but there were no little ones ether. All of the Pike were in the 8lb range. Caught and released around thirty of them today.
I am also confirming that the UV index was a little high today as the RED skin confirms this. If anyone sees a pair of crispy ears laying around on a shoreline please return them to me
I hope everyone got a chance to go fishing this weekend. Remember to always leave the lake/stream better than you found it. Pick up some trash and enjoy the surroundings.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Rackmastr

Do you mind sharing the lake you were on?

I think we might go out to the Ridge either tomorrow (if we want to fish in the rain) or on Monday....
Old 05-13-2007, 10:42 AM
bearbait

cool.....i hit a back water on the athabasca river last night...after i left carson due to high winds and we were hittin the pike like crazy..every cast had a follower and we were catchin them every third cast...they woudent hit anything till i put on the red devil....tryed top water count downs jigs spinners spoons but no hits..the red devil worked like a charm...
Old 05-13-2007, 11:41 AM
dodger

I was at Little Bow Res. trolling a five of diamonds or a red devil. Action was good on both lures. My buddy tryed a lure that was an olive green with black diamonds and he did out fish me and never had to change lures all day.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Question for Dodger

Default Question for Dodger

Hey Dodger where is Al in your TV show? He wasn't on once last year and he always caught all the big ones.
Old 05-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Pigshanks

Default Re: Question for Dodger

I think you answered your own question!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 05:02 PM
dodger

Default Re: Question for Dodger

Sorry wrong Dodger.