Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 02-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Default Pillar bedding

Hi guys, I am looking to get an aftermarket Ramline synthetic stock pillar bedded. Who do you recommend for this? Or is there a manufacturer that I can order from and do it myself? Thank you.
Old 02-26-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskieboy View Post
Hi guys, I am looking to get an aftermarket Ramline synthetic stock pillar bedded. Who do you recommend for this? Or is there a manufacturer that I can order from and do it myself? Thank you.
It is fairly simple to do it yourself. I make my own pillars out of stainless steel tubing (which I scrounge for free) and mod them on a drill press. Others prefer aluminum or bedding compound.

I have my own preferences - but if you look around on youtube you will get the idea. Bedding your own rifles is ridiculously easy, if you have a bit of patience.
Old 02-26-2017, 01:02 PM

You can buy both trim-to- length and adjustable length pillars from Brownells or check local shops. Last I purchased were from Bashaw Sports. Not real difficult...probably lots of how to on U Tube. I have even seen "epoxy" pillars.
Old 02-27-2017, 06:30 PM

I have used stainless tubing or brass pipe nipples and shortened them to length on a drill press. Just chuck them in and hit them with sandpaper. Or I have drilled big holes and done Devcon pillars. They work just as well. I would try it yourself first since it's a Ramline stock.