Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-29-2015, 10:15 PM

Default Savage Axis question

Question for our resident gun builders
Does anyone have dimensions for action pillars handy? Starting my build and pillars are first up. Action is going into a Boyds stock. Hoping someone could share the height of the pillars and anything major to watch for. I know I'll have to be careful drilling as Boyds uses cross pins very close to the action screws as well as there may be sear interference on the rear action pillar. Any help would be great, thanks guys!

Oh and please refrain from commenting that I should save up for a better rifle, my cash my toys my decisions lol
Thanks
Old 12-30-2015, 11:00 PM

I'm no gun builder but I could measure something on my axis if you sent me some instructions. Or do you need someone to measure their Boyd's stock?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad6510 View Post
Question for our resident gun builders
Does anyone have dimensions for action pillars handy? Starting my build and pillars are first up. Action is going into a Boyds stock. Hoping someone could share the height of the pillars and anything major to watch for. I know I'll have to be careful drilling as Boyds uses cross pins very close to the action screws as well as there may be sear interference on the rear action pillar. Any help would be great, thanks guys!

Oh and please refrain from commenting that I should save up for a better rifle, my cash my toys my decisions lol
Thanks
Old 12-31-2015, 12:08 PM

I have the original stock so I could measure off there, was just hoping someone had some dimensions ready to go that are known to work