Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-28-2013, 09:30 AM

Default rattlesnake

What a nice day heading out to rattlesnake can't waste a day like this area. I have a brown dodge an the only guy around with a fire pot an two choc Labs
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 AM

You will have to let us know how you do. Been thinking of heading out there myself.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:36 AM

Been out there once and didn't have any luck. Make sure to tell us how you do!
Old 01-28-2013, 10:43 AM

I was talking to the guy at the outdoorsman who has heard mixed reviews. Some people saying the fishing has been great and others saying not so much. Guess along with asking questions on here, ya just have to go out and find out for yourself.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:04 PM

Glad i went drilled a couple holes got fire pot going looked over FLAG up pulled up a 29in pike . That's ok reset looked over bober is gone realed in a small one back down the hole . Reset looked over FLAG up run over there felt him on an he spit the hook . Went back to the fire pot had to relight it looked over FLAG up run over there pulled out a small one back down the hole . Reset looked over FLAG . Missed another one back . I finally got sausage on the fire at 12 thirty . Another guy pulled up hows the fishing i said great he drilled a couple holes. An you know when you tell somebody fishing is good we never got another bite . Great day sunny no wind an when you are catching fish no matter what size it's all good . Talked to a couple guys that were at the narrows said it was slow.

ANY DAY IS A GREAT DAY WHEN YOU ARE FISHING
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 PM

That sounds awesome. makes me think I better get out there in the morning if I wanna catch anything.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:20 PM

My wife and I will be fishing Rattlesnake more come spring. Our son bought an acerage 2 miles west and then north, so if you guys are out there on Feb. 14, watch for the Monster Move. Suppose to be filmed for next season . My son and I were at Rattlesnake 2 years ago by a dam close to the hutterites. It was shallower than at the boat launch. Is it still good fishing at that end of reservoir?
Old 01-28-2013, 07:53 PM

I went straight out from the camp site turned to the right towards the narrows. There are two bays there . First one dips in a little it's deep that's where i was today . I have had luck in the next one it's bigger an you can put a line in towards the fence
Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM

will be there on the14th and will bring fishing gear. if i have time i will stop there and try for a while. thanks for the info. John D.