Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Devils Gun

Default sonar problems

I hooked up a second sonar unit up in my boat and tried it out yesterday. the humming bird unit ,which worked good before, wouldn't give me a proper depth reading. It jumped around from 15 ft. to 40 ft. just sitting there.After a few hours the eagle unit started acting up and wouldn't give a proper reading. turning the humming bird off helped and the eagle worked fine.Do you think that the frequincy from one unit is interfering with the other and what can one do about it . thank for any advice.
Old 05-13-2007, 08:38 AM
eyes4fun

Hey there sorry to hear your havin troubles, the fix is that your transducers are too close together,are your settings on both graphs set at the same frequency? make sure the transducers are level ans you may have to split them apart perhaps one on each side of the back! Hope that helps.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Devils Gun

Default sonar problems

I have the transducers seperated (one on each side of the transome). I'll have to check on the frequincy thing. I'm thinking maybe ,because the wires are run beside each other ,this maybe could cause this.I don't know ,not very good with electronic stuff.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:17 AM
Topwater

Default sonar problems

Where is your second unit? Did you mount it in the bow? If you've got it up front in the bow than you should mount that second transducer onto the bottom of your electric trolling motor. You want to have those transducers as far apart as possable. If they are the same frequency than your gonna have problems.