Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-16-2019, 07:12 AM

Default Would You Help Me?

I'm in the final running of a Facebook contest. If you would, follow the link to Black Gold Sights' Facebook page and like my picture. I appreciate your time. Here is the link and my picture.

https://www.facebook.com/BlackGoldPremiumBowsights/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_3226(2).jpg (187.5 KB, 425 views)
Old 04-16-2019, 09:22 AM
Banned

Beautiful old buck man and done!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:25 AM

Just liked. Good luck, wicked buck. Great pic.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:30 AM
Banned

Congrats. Done.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:38 AM

Thanks for your help. I have a lot of history with this buck. 2018 was the only year I actually got to hunt him since he would always completely disappear a week before the season opened.

Here he is in in 2014 & 2017
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 030008b7.jpg (31.7 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg 20170805_061644.jpg (37.8 KB, 188 views)
Old 04-16-2019, 12:21 PM

Comeone guys/gals

Lets help a fellow Albertan with this contest! click a like for KyleSS! That is an amzing buck!!

p.s. I do not know Kyle, but enjoy helping out fellow Canadians, especially Albertans!
Old 04-16-2019, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
Comeone guys/gals

Lets help a fellow Albertan with this contest! click a like for KyleSS! That is an amzing buck!!

p.s. I do not know Kyle, but enjoy helping out fellow Canadians, especially Albertans!
thank you, i appreciate your support.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:00 PM
Banned

Kyle. I cant help but wonder if that deer is carrying the genetics of a deer I saw close to your place about 25 years ago (East side of Roys). We called him the Pop can buck. His bases easily were the sizes of Pop cans if not bigger. To this day, that was the biggest buck I had ever seen. And we put one down that was 200+.

You and I have never met, but we have hunted the same property's

Oh yeah, and LIKED!
Old 04-16-2019, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianEh View Post
Comeone guys/gals

Don't know Kyle either but I believe he helped Ed Maurice with the legal troubles he once had and for that he is a gooder in my books and he shoots nice deer. Lol
Old 04-16-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
Kyle. I cant help but wonder if that deer is carrying the genetics of a deer I saw close to your place about 25 years ago (East side of Roys). We called him the Pop can buck. His bases easily were the sizes of Pop cans if not bigger. To this day, that was the biggest buck I had ever seen. And we put one down that was 200+.

You and I have never met, but we have hunted the same property's
It is possible but I don't think so. This deer was killed about 7 miles from there. We do have a video from 1993 of a buck in the area that you're talking about. I figure he was easily 230"+ with triple 12" drop tines. Back in the early 90's there was a group of monster mule deer running around. These days you really have to look hard to find a deer that will gross over 185"

The deer that I posted grossed 171" non typical and netted 153" non typical. His weak left side really hurt him. The year before I put him in the low 190's. This is by far the longest and hardest I've hunted a single deer. The taxidermist estimated his age at 10+. Once I get the lower jaw back I am going to submit it to deerage.com for aging
Old 04-16-2019, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Don't know Kyle either but I believe he helped Ed Maurice with the legal troubles he once had and for that he is a gooder in my books and he shoots nice deer. Lol
I went to high school with Eddy's wife and know them fairly well. I actually just ran into Eddy at the polling station on Thursday I believe it was. They are doing well and have got their "normal" back now so that is nice.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
I went to high school with Eddy's wife and know them fairly well. I actually just ran into Eddy at the polling station on Thursday I believe it was. They are doing well and have got their "normal" back now so that is nice.
Good to hear thanks for the update.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleSS View Post
It is possible but I don't think so. This deer was killed about 7 miles from there. We do have a video from 1993 of a buck in the area that you're talking about. I figure he was easily 230"+ with triple 12" drop tines. Back in the early 90's there was a group of monster mule deer running around. These days you really have to look hard to find a deer that will gross over 185"

The deer that I posted grossed 171" non typical and netted 153" non typical. His weak left side really hurt him. The year before I put him in the low 190's. This is by far the longest and hardest I've hunted a single deer. The taxidermist estimated his age at 10+. Once I get the lower jaw back I am going to submit it to deerage.com for aging
I miss Bow hunting.. Life got in the way... We sure did enjoy ourselves for a bunch of years though. And your right about the quantity and quality of that time frame. It was those days that got me ramped up about finding big Mules.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:30 AM

Today is the last day to like my picture. I really appreciate any and all help. My son and I are currently in 2nd place.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:20 PM

Done
Old 04-17-2019, 08:31 PM

I hope you win Kyle.

I signed up to Facebook for the first time today just to like your pic. Oh, and to really pi$$ my wife off. That wasn’t my original intention but it definitely had that result... I remember her saying once that she would divorce me if I ever joined Facebook so I may be looking for a place to stay and i’m kind of holding you responsible...
Old 04-17-2019, 09:28 PM

Done! Great photo!
Old 04-18-2019, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguyd View Post
Done
Thank you kindly
Old 04-18-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Positrac View Post
I hope you win Kyle.

I signed up to Facebook for the first time today just to like your pic. Oh, and to really pi$$ my wife off. That wasn’t my original intention but it definitely had that result... I remember her saying once that she would divorce me if I ever joined Facebook so I may be looking for a place to stay and i’m kind of holding you responsible...
Well I appreciate all the effort you went through, that is mighty kind of you. I wish you the best of luck on the war you just started, be sure to keep us updated hahaha
Old 04-18-2019, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
Done! Great photo!
Thank you, I appreciate your words