Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-15-2019, 05:24 PM

Default Amazon vs The Fishin' Hole

If you think Amazon has the best prices, think again... Fishing Hole price 79.95, Amazon price 119.78 and that was the cheapest choice!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg comparison.jpg (30.9 KB, 390 views)

Last edited by russ; 07-15-2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: added information
Old 07-15-2019, 06:38 PM

It pays to shop around
Old 07-15-2019, 06:46 PM

I bought 'braided|' 100 lb test line off of Amazon, I can break it with my hands... absolutely for sure counterfeit. If it's cheaper on Amazon it's garbage.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:59 PM

Its buyer beware.
Dont forget guys not everything comes out of Amazon. Lots of their stuff comes directly out of their own peoples stores like TFH and they just use Amazon for a store front and pricing is their own.
Yes you have to read the fine print as everything is not always what you think. There is a lot of off brand junk too but can be spotted if you take the time to read all the details.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:40 PM

I refuse to use amazon for fishing gear other then the odd reel (have purchased one).

Trying to save a couple bucks is what causes stores like WSS to go out of business. The last thing we need is places like TFH going out of business and I am more than willing to pay a few extra bucks for brick and mortar and being able to pick up what I need when I need it.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:46 PM

I bought a pack of cheap Chinese hooks on Amazon to use on some Carolina rigs. First time I tested them out I got a fish on, then it felt like my knot let go. I reel my line in and see that the hook itself had broken about an eighth inch below the islet.

I certainly didn’t save any money when I threw the whole bag in the garbage and bought real hooks to replace them.
Old 07-16-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavYak View Post
I refuse to use amazon for fishing gear other then the odd reel (have purchased one).

Trying to save a couple bucks is what causes stores like WSS to go out of business. The last thing we need is places like TFH going out of business and I am more than willing to pay a few extra bucks for brick and mortar and being able to pick up what I need when I need it.
Amen!

I like to use Amazon for the things that I cannot get here physically as there is no AB store that carries the item I'm looking for.

I would much rather shop at the Fishing Hole and other great local fly shops for the things I need.
Old 07-16-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I refuse to use amazon. (except when I dont refuse to use it)

(Just busting your chops.)

You are absolutely right though.
If people treat the local fishing/hunting/gun shops like convenience stores for when they cant wait for an Amazon order, they will have to start charging convenience store prices, or close up all together.

Also, for the out of towners (like me) the fishing hole will ship to you.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:

WSS went out of business because it was ran into the ground. Horrendous management at UFA!!!!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:

WSS would probably would still be there if not for UFA.
Old 07-16-2019, 04:50 PM

Yup shop around.....

One thing I know is, Canadian Tire's everyday prices are always the highest in town....

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 07-22-2019, 01:50 AM

Unhappy Cheap lured that ended up breaking

I bought Lured from amazon and were too cheap broke during fish fight in lower k lake. It just depends on what you choose .