Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 06-01-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.O.S.T.Arrow View Post
It doesn't bother me at all anymore ...however ethics dictate that we give our best try to find any arrow ...more so hunting with permission on private or even crown land...

I think I gave up about 40 years ago...back then arrows were hard to find just to buy...I remember buying a brand new dozen of 2216 aluminum arrows...which cost me near $100.00 then...I had build the ultimate target out of tentest fibreboard...4ft by 3ft...on wheels and the back legs acted like wheel barrow handles...

I worked a week getting target and arrows perfect...those first brand new dozen where my pride and joy.....set up target and let fly...target was on too steep an angle and when my 6th arrow struck...the target in slow motion fell forward...snapping all six aluminum's in half...

Walked away in disbelief and never got too attached to another arrow in my life....lol

Neil
Great story!
Old 06-01-2016, 09:24 AM

Default Long Lost Arrows

Wow what a good discussion, lost arrows never! They are all just where they wanted to go and retire. I build my own and loosing one is like loosing a friend, but sometimes you just have to let go.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old longBow View Post
Wow what a good discussion, lost arrows never! They are all just where they wanted to go and retire. I build my own and loosing one is like loosing a friend, but sometimes you just have to let go.
Some of these new bows zip thru critters and carry on into the next county...most of those get found but there is always that one...a year later the trolls give it back...lol

Only arrows I have lost has been in the backyard on our range...being silly..

Neil
Old 06-01-2016, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddeerhunter View Post
Anyone here have experience with ozonics? I am sold on the fact that it tricked a dog, that is not easy to do.
Curious is all.
I've used it. It absolutely helps. There is no magic cure for scent and nothing will ever work completely. I've seen enough to know it makes a difference though. Many times Ive had deer downwind under 30 yards that either didn't get my scent, or got so little that they looked my way but didn't spook. I've had plenty of success without too and don't think that it's something I NEED...but they definitely make a difference. They are a little expensive so I suspect that will limit their popularity, but for those willing to shell out the dough...rest assured they do work and will increase your chances of success.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
I've used it. It absolutely helps. There is no magic cure for scent and nothing will ever work completely. I've seen enough to know it makes a difference though. Many times Ive had deer downwind under 30 yards that either didn't get my scent, or got so little that they looked my way but didn't spook. I've had plenty of success without too and don't think that it's something I NEED...but they definitely make a difference. They are a little expensive so I suspect that will limit their popularity, but for those willing to shell out the dough...rest assured they do work and will increase your chances of success.
Thanks, I believe it.