Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 11-02-2007, 08:50 AM

Default Too tired to hunt

So I didn't sleep at all due to sickness and dcided not to bother going out for the opener. My wife saw me walk down the tairs in my carharts and asked me why I was till home and why I was dresed for work. I informed her that i might as well work becuase I would be useless hunter(obviously i was suffering from some kind of sleep dprived crazy) she straightened me out and ent me out the door to hunt @ 10 am. I was in my tree stand an hour later. After dozing off a couple time the howling wind and the severly swying tree woke me up enough to ge me back on the ground. I decided to head into a special spot where I have had few naps in he past. After a 1/2 hour a find myself in deep forest looking directly at a nice whitetil buck at about 30 yds. He is squinting as the sun is coming directly over my right sholder. I'm checking out the rack and the thick neck thinking "nice buck, loks like he's in full rut. Hey come back." It was probaly over for a couple of seconds before i remembered that i was actually hunting
Old 11-02-2007, 09:05 AM

tough one ... get some rest.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:43 PM

Well you ought to stay out of those treestands when you are that tired. You ought not to take uncertain risks for a big game aninal, your life is far better than any hunting has to offer.

Anyhow I am tired too but not because of a lack of sleep, no sir, I am already tired of 332 and the two grazing reserves that I hunted today. The mule deer doe that is some where in these 15,000 acker mostly baren reserves can stay on living. For now on I will hunt only 337 mule deer as I know where they are.
Old 11-02-2007, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunezilla View Post
Well you ought to stay out of those treestands when you are that tired. You ought not to take uncertain risks for a big game aninal, your life is far better than any hunting has to offer.

Anyhow I am tired too but not because of a lack of sleep, no sir, I am already tired of 332 and the two grazing reserves that I hunted today. The mule deer doe that is some where in these 15,000 acker mostly baren reserves can stay on living. For now on I will hunt only 337 mule deer as I know where they are.

I doubt I'll pull that move again, on the bright side NOT I went back in late this afternoon and chased that buck around with the same result.

Have you tried bleating for that doe? I kind of found out by accident what alot of other hunters know and that is...mulie does will threaten or attack when fawns are in danger. A decent fawen bleat will bring a mulie doe in as fast as a rutting buck to a rattle.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:23 PM

I don't have a mule deer bleat as of yet, but those to reserves are to much for me. Limited access and lots and lots and.....well you get the picture, you park and walk. Them are the rules.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 PM
-NDN-

i hear ya!! some times i come back from work friday nights at 3 AM and having been up since 11 am the previous day, ill pack up and be out the door 2 hours later and hunt till sundown, then crash until monday.

what you need is some Endorush to put you in "hunt" mode. only 4 oz. at a time until you learn your tolerance. lets call it Redbull on steroids
Old 11-02-2007, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -NDN- View Post
i hear ya!! some times i come back from work friday nights at 3 AM and having been up since 11 am the previous day, ill pack up and be out the door 2 hours later and hunt till sundown, then crash until monday.

what you need is some Endorush to put you in "hunt" mode. only 4 oz. at a time until you learn your tolerance. lets call it Redbull on steroids
i call it heart palpitations in a bottle...nooooo thanks for me!!