Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 12-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Default African safari

I posted earlier that I was postponing my African Safari for this spring due to the passing of Mr. Mandela! However, it appears (so far) that has not caused any Political unrest (perhaps time does heal all wounds?) and I have had repeated inquiries to go - so for all those who inquired and any others that may be interested, I am planning another Safari for March 22-April 7.
The costs will start at $2900 for 7 nights/6 days including 10 Plains game animals. This years concession is approx 100,000 ac with both lodge and traditional tent safari accomodations available.
Again I am not an agent. All I ask in return, is that you donate all meat to Eldon Handi-cap School & Orphange, which we help support. Any/all other donations will graciously be accepted.
Space is limited to 5 individuals per 7 day safari. PM for complete details
Old 12-22-2013, 05:27 PM

I take it you will be " collecting" in South Africa?
I think for a few bucks more you would have a way better experience going into Zim, or another area other than South Africa
Old 12-22-2013, 05:41 PM

Default Zimbabwe?

Zimbabwe is not an option beause:
- Zimbabwe 's political climate is very volatile and as such I would never ask anyone to put their safety in jeopardy!
- the cost would be considrable higher
- most importantly the Orphange (we support) is in S. Afirca and that is the whole purpose for me!
But thanks for your insight.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:07 PM

Default African safari

I have been asked for clarification! So here goes, the cost I mentioned INCLUDES:
- ALL daily fees for a PH/trackers/skinners
- ALLtrophy fees for the 10 animals
- ALL lodging, meals and non alcoholic beverages
- ALL transportation from - on safari - back to the airport
I will help you with your firearm registery/flights whatever I can.
I have been asked why so "cheap", so I'll try to explain. I am a Christain hunter whose personal goal is never to take from another without giving back, that's why we ask all meat be given to charity. As such I search for hunts that allow me to do that. Whenever possible I secure hunts from Christian Outfitters & Guides that share the same purpose. And "yes" there is a hidden adgenda! It is our hope that you not only have a great time BUT that you agree with out purpose and join us in supporting the various charities. It is also our wish to bring both Christian and Non Christian hunters together, in the hopes that through the friendships that arise from these experiences, Christ will be glorified.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I take it you will be " collecting" in South Africa?
I think for a few bucks more you would have a way better experience going into Zim, or another area other than South Africa
Nube: I've given your comments some considerable thought and although I haven't changed my positon on Zimbabwe, I would possibly consider including Tanzania? 2 of my S/A PH friends were licensed in Tanzania, just not sure if they kept it up or not? I'd have to ask them! And we could always rent a plane and fly over there? It's only a few hour flight and I have rented planes in S/A in the past, since they are part of the CommonWealth and recognize my Canadain Pilot license.
So if you're interested it's definetly an option?
Old 12-22-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcreg View Post
Nube: I've given your comments some considerable thought and although I haven't changed my positon on Zimbabwe, I would possibly consider including Tanzania? 2 of my S/A PH friends were licensed in Tanzania, just not sure if they kept it up or not? I'd have to ask them! And we could always rent a plane and fly over there? It's only a few hour flight and I have rented planes in S/A in the past, since they are part of the CommonWealth and recognize my Canadain Pilot license.
So if you're interested it's definetly an option?
I'm not interested right now. It is that I did my first hunt in SA and although it was fun and all it just is not a real African experience after being in Zim last year. I would encurage anyone to spend the extra money to do anything else but SA. It is well worth it. i also feel Zim is not unsafe at all if you are with the right outfitt.
I think if your looking into Tanz it would be worth it for there as well. I would love to do Tanz but I find it too much money especially the flights into it.

Hope it works out for you. Either way and where ever you go will be fun of course and wish you the best of luck
Old 12-23-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nube View Post
I'm not interested right now. It is that I did my first hunt in SA and although it was fun and all it just is not a real African experience after being in Zim last year. I would encurage anyone to spend the extra money to do anything else but SA. It is well worth it. i also feel Zim is not unsafe at all if you are with the right outfitt.
I think if your looking into Tanz it would be worth it for there as well. I would love to do Tanz but I find it too much money especially the flights into it.

Hope it works out for you. Either way and where ever you go will be fun of course and wish you the best of luck
Sorry to hear about your experience in S/A! I'll take a wild guess and assume you hunted in the Limpopo region? Either way you were definetly with the wrong Outfitter/PH and on the wrong ranch(s)?
I have hunted Namibia/Botswana/Zimbabwe and S. Africa over the years and have never had a BAD experionce. Everyone said they had an amazing time/experience! As well, in S. Africa, we hunt only large private ranches, 100,000 ac minimum. Thats 156 sq. miles or 12 1/2 miles square. One can walk their legs off every day and never cover all the ground!! The quality of the animals are second to none, even when the kudu population was under attck of desaese, everyone (that wanted onr) managed to get 50+" buuls with most in the mid-high 50's. They only way you know you're on a ranch is you may see some beef cattle?
Flights to Tanzania should not be an issue, "IF" we do go? I will be flying from Kimberley, S. Africa and depending on the plane I rent should have room for 2-3 guys & luggage?
As for the pricing, I don't know at this time I have to do more research and ask more questions of my African contacts.
Have a very Merry Christmas!

Last edited by mcreg; 12-23-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:34 AM

Default Update!

Nube mentioned Zimbabwe? and I replied "NO" but maybe Tanzania? After some research and more questions, Zimbabwe is a definete no, and I haven't been able to secure any reliable contacts in Tanzania (as of yet?). I have however, secured a couple of Botswana contacts with a very good chance at P.A.C. (problem animal control) elelphant. The costs for this would be in the $0-$5,000 range, with some conditions. But no quarantee on availability, it will be on a opportune basis only! I also have a contact in Namibia! So the options are many!
As well, Nube had asked about "collecting" (money) in S. Africa? I will not be collecting any money, hunters pay the PH directly. These guys are personal friends and as such we trust each other.
I am doing this because I want to. I am not an agent just a friend to several PH's , who likes to hunt. I will never ask for or accept any money.
As well, the US safari shows are coming fast, I need to commit to them by Jan. 15 to secure their services.

Last edited by mcreg; 12-27-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Default Unbelievable opportunity!

I just received an invitation to hunt a very Private and Exclusive Ranch in S. Africa!
I (cull) hunted this Ranch several years back and at the time was told the Ranch, which was closed to the general pubic, would be closed to ALL hunting, which it was.. The Ranch was beginning a Bengal tiger breeding program for a Chinese funded re-introduction program and since has been featured on several T.V documentaries, including National Geographic!
Now, I have been invited back with a maximum of 4 other hunters. This would be an EXCELLANT OPPORTUNITY to film a hunt (or 2)! I know we are always bombarded with the ""hunt of a lifetime" lingo but this definitely would fit that description!
We would not be limited to that Ranch should a hunter wish to pursue game not found on that Ranch.
PM me if interested