Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-08-2022, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktrick View Post
Just sent my form off via email this morning. I will try and log on when the transfer goes through to give a timeline.
I will be very interested to hear how your paper/email filing works out.
Old 07-14-2022, 07:13 PM

What is everyone’s wait times looking like? I bought a restricted gun on May 31st online from GOtenda and still have not received it. I have called them numerous times and they said they haven’t gotten the transfer form back from the RCMP.. has anyone been waiting that long, or just me?
Old 07-14-2022, 11:45 PM

I sold a pistol 3 weeks ago and the cfo finally answered last tuesday at 3:46 pm. I tried every day multiple times, 78 times to be exact. Now the buyer can do some work, good thing she’s a patient buyer, sheesh.
Tullfan
Old 07-15-2022, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghenn96 View Post
What is everyone’s wait times looking like? I bought a restricted gun on May 31st online from GOtenda and still have not received it. I have called them numerous times and they said they haven’t gotten the transfer form back from the RCMP.. has anyone been waiting that long, or just me?
Call the Alberta CFO!!!!

Use the regular 800 number then Extension 9026, when promoted to enter an extension number. Alberta is not sending transfer notices to the sellers, only the buyers. Request they email you your transfer notice then send it to Tenda.

If you don’t you maybe waiting forever.
Old 07-15-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghenn96 View Post
Still waiting on handgun #2 from may 31. First transfer approved very end of June, got registration card in mail tuesday or wednesday. One day I will wake up with notification, but not holding breath.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
Call the Alberta CFO!!!!

Use the regular 800 number then Extension 9026, when promoted to enter an extension number. Alberta is not sending transfer notices to the sellers, only the buyers. Request they email you your transfer notice then send it to Tenda.

If you don’t you maybe waiting forever.
Thanks for the Extension # Homesteader! 10 minutes on hold, no hang up and was speaking with a CFO in person. After trying for a couple of weeks and hours pressing redial finally talking to a very nice lady whom gladly processed 2 transfer notifications and emailed them to me immediately. I now have confirmation from 2 different gun shops that my purchases are on their way with Canada Post. the are 2 more that she asked me to call back next week on because they were only 4 weeks old in the system. but anything from 5-6 weeks she said they would look at immediately.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:25 PM

Good to hear! The system can be brutal, and it’s definitely made me crazy a time or two.

I’m sure all the gang bangers are just as frustrated getting there new purchases completed too!!!
Old 07-28-2022, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guysmiley View Post
I attempted this as well but kept getting dropped by the queue.

The nice lady I talked to however did give me the actual extension for the queue.

1800 731-4000

hit 1, 1 then enter extension 2502

If there is room in the queue you will be in it. Otherwise it just drops your call with a message saying they can't answer.
Thanks for the toip, worked great. Used this this morning. Phoned in about 8 Alberta time, got through first try, had reference number by 8:30. Nice lady says it is way easier to get through early or late. Basically open at 9 eastern and close at 5 B.C. time, M-F. Said once buyer calls in, they will email approvals.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:28 AM

I have been calling since 7 this morning. It keeps saying they are not open and to call at regular business hours.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert View Post
I have been calling since 7 this morning. It keeps saying they are not open and to call at regular business hours.
Instead of being mad, why not take and use the info in this thread. They open a 9 local time and it knows where you are phoning from. If you call the 1-800 put in 1-1 then extension 2502 will go to the queue because the queue opens at 9 Meiramachee time. If you are talking about calling the Alberta CFO they aren't open till 9.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Instead of being mad, why not take and use the info in this thread. They open a 9 local time and it knows where you are phoning from. If you call the 1-800 put in 1-1 then extension 2502 will go to the queue because the queue opens at 9 Meiramachee time. If you are talking about calling the Alberta CFO they aren't open till 9.
I did try all these methods many ****ing times. I wrote that at the end of this ****ing thread you rocket scientist! I tried getting thru down east not Alberta because I know they would not be open for Alberta. If you don't put in the 9026 it should take you to Mirimachi.
Old 08-03-2022, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rupert View Post
I did try all these methods many ****ing times. I wrote that at the end of this ****ing thread you rocket scientist! I tried getting thru down east not Alberta because I know they would not be open for Alberta. If you don't put in the 9026 it should take you to Mirimachi.
Well aren't you just a pleasant individual. You act like this when people are trying to help you, you must be a true joy the rest of the time. If you don't put in the 2502 extension after 1-1 it takes you nowhere. If you use 1-4 it tells you they aren't open yet. This has worked for every single person but you. By the way, how did you know I am a retired Rocket Scientist?
Old 08-04-2022, 12:58 PM

I called today to do my part on my restricted purchase that was made on Tuesday.

Using the 2505 extension, I was on hold for 15-20 minutes. The lady was very nice. She set me up for email notification, and said my transfer was in the queue for approval. Which according to her, as of now, is 6-8 weeks.

I'm hoping this is worst case scenario. But either way, I got a new toy!

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2022, 04:43 PM

Default I just spent

Three days on the phone to get a temporary permit to take it to the post office to send to the new owner. Sold it June 2 so 2 +months for the transaction.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:47 PM

I bought 3 firearms May 31/ June 1. Two were transfered and in hand within 12 days. The Transfer Notification for the third arrived in my email late this morning. 6-8 weeks seems like it would be accurate today.
Old 08-04-2022, 04:48 PM

Won't help this time but for next time aand for other guys, you need a small business account to ship guns. Once you print the shipping label call or do it online to request a pickup. Canada Post will actually pickup the parcel from your home. Means you don't need the temporary ATC just to mail it.
Old 08-11-2022, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktrick View Post
Just sent my form off via email this morning. I will try and log on when the transfer goes through to give a timeline.
The mail-in method worked for me.

I transferred to 2 family members and mailed the forms in. Mailed July 19 and in Miramichi July 25.

Got a phone call this morning (August 11) from a very helpful agent, who called myself and both family members to confirm paperwork was correct. The new owners don't need to even call as they have already been spoken to.

Now just need to wait for CFO to give approval, but the hard work has been done.

So total time from receipt of mail is about 2 1/2 weeks, time was 3 1/2 weeks including the 6 days it took to mail the paperwork. No complaints at all. This worked well.