Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-08-2014, 07:45 PM

Default Bushnell Fusion One mile range finder binoculars ???

Hey guys.

I really want to get a combo bino/rangefinder anyone try these or ever look through them I'd like to get the Leica Geovid range finders just not sure if I can afford them. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by astepanuk; 01-08-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 PM

I have looked through the Bushnell range finding binos. Junk. Terrible glass, the ones I looked at were blue tinge. The range finder works well.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:06 PM

Default Bushnell fusion 1600

I have had a pair for three years. Use them regularly. Before these I had Nikon Monarch binos and a Nikon rangefinder. The glass is better than the Monarchs and the range finder has ranged over 1600 yards. I am not disappointed in them. Some guys complain the red digital readout gets washed out in direct sunlight (you can adjust the intensity). It does, but I don't know what colour would work any better. All you have to do is point the binos away from the sun and read the numbers. I use them sheep hunting..................I don't get where smokinyotes calls the glass terrible.....I've used Geovids and didn't think the extra expense was good value?
Old 01-08-2014, 08:12 PM

I have a pair of the 1600's. Glass is ok but range finder is solid. Tree line to 1800's Had a side by side with givoids (spelling?) the glass was much better but rangefinder was better on 1600's

Brad
Old 01-08-2014, 08:22 PM

Thanks guys on a recent trip I tried the geovids glass was very clear but had trouble locating the square to range and the numbers keep in mind I didn't try to adjust them since they weren mine. Ill go to the store and check them out I'd like to here some more reviews thanks guys.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:36 PM

I own a set of geovids. I hunted with them for the first time this fall. I found the glass to be as expected of top quality optics. The button controlling the rangefinder could be better designed. I'm not sure of the value of a rangefinder that reads much past 500 yards for me. I can't hold steady enough on an animal to get an accurate reading past this distance. Perhaps with a tripod.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:11 AM

^^^^^
You're right that most will never (and shouldn't) use a range finder past 500 yards. Really for 99.9% of people a 1000yd range finder is pointless.

The beauty with this style of binos is that you are carrying 2 pieces of vital equipment in 1 package. Way less fumbling around and less likely to ever lose anything with a good bino harness.

I would highly recommend the Leicas or Swaros over any if the others for the simple fact the glass is FAR SUPERIOR. You aren't going to carry a set of binos and has been said many times, by many people, BUY THE BEST GLASS YOU CAN AFFORD!!! The bushnell stuff isn't even close in quality and once you buy the better product you will appreciate the value!

I have a set of the new 10x42 Geovids, as well as the older ones that don't do the ballistic calcs. They are both great binoculars. I keep contemplating selling the one set, but the little voice inside says 'keep me as backups!' Lol

My advice would be to spend the extra if you can!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:17 AM

This was posted in anther thread, good read http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/1...mance-results/
Old 01-09-2014, 07:25 AM

Love mine. Glass is good enough and the rangefinder is great.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C & C View Post
This was posted in anther thread, good read http://precisionrifleblog.com/2013/1...mance-results/

Very good read thanks for Posting.. I wish he had of inculded the Swarovski Bino/Range Finders in the test.