Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-16-2017, 11:01 PM

Default Smith and Wesson M&P M2.0

Any one have any real world experience With this Handgun. Looking at the 9MM
Also its been 35 years or so since I bought a handgun, Do you still have to take them to the rcmp for verification after purchase?
Old 10-17-2017, 04:59 AM

I haven't shot that model, but I handled one at my shooting club a few weeks ago. My first impression was I liked the way it pointed, the grips felt very "grippy", and the owner said that the trigger was a lot better than the first version. It seems to be a well made pistol at first glance.

No, you don't need to bring the pistol to the RCMP, but you will likely need to provide a copy of your shooting club membership to complete the transfer to your name though.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:23 AM
Banned

Version 1.0 is pretty good, any improvements would make it a solid choice.

Get the C.O.R.E version in case you want to put a red dot sight on the slide.
Old 10-17-2017, 06:05 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. I've been patiently waiting for the Edmonton shooting center to get up and running, but since the BDC turned them down for Funding because the business is firearms related I've heard no more about it. Last I heard is they are exploring other avenues.
Anyone know how much Pheonix charges for a membership.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:36 PM

I've had the M&P 1.0 and shot the 2.0. They are a decent set up, but I personally lean strongly to the Sig P229/226. I just find the quality is superior, and the trigger is much better. Ultimately though, whatever feels 'right' in your hands is the one to get.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-19-2017, 06:32 PM

Thanks twisted. I think I might run down and try it out before I decide to buy one. That is if any Pheonix or wild west have one to try. Then decide if I really want a hand gun again. lol
Old 10-20-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilsundance View Post
Thanks twisted. I think I might run down and try it out before I decide to buy one. That is if any Pheonix or wild west have one to try. Then decide if I really want a hand gun again. lol
If you do decide you want one, and it happens to be a P226 in 9mm, PM me first. I have one I have been hemming and hawing about parting with, a real gem of a German gun with no rail and Truglo sights. I just don't shoot it, too many Sigs. Nice problem to have!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 12-10-2017, 11:38 AM

Did you pick up the m&p 2.0? I was also looking at one. I was looking the first version range kit but getting the 2.0 and buying a holster and mag holster and quick loader equals to be about $20 more so the 2.0 seems to be a way better deal with the improvements the factory made to the 2.0
Old 12-10-2017, 02:35 PM
Banned

I shoot a CZ 75 SP-01 and am very happy with it. Have a look at the new CZ P-10C which is a real challenge to the Glock 19.