Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-19-2018, 09:22 PM

Default Howdy folks

I was born and raised in a small wheat farming community in west central Saskatchewan but have called Calgary home for nearly 20 years. I spent my childhood hearing of hunting stories from friends and eagerly awaiting the day my Dad would finally let my brother and I take his dad's single shot Cooey .22 LR down from high hooks on the wall of the farm's shop. After that day finally arrived and we plinked away, I was hooked, but took awhile to get into hunting. Fast-forward to my first year of university, I got my PAL, first shotgun and have added a few rifles since. I've been water fowling off and on since at various lakes and sloughs in AB. Also had a memorable few years where we trekked out to SW Saskatchewan in drought years and laid waste to the gopher menace. That's nearly the extent of my success with rifles at this point, but I hope to get my first deer this fall. I look forward to chatting with the membership!
Old 03-14-2018, 06:09 PM

Hello, I live in central Alberta. Born and raised here and proud of it! Enjoy all things outdoors. Been hunting, fishing, quading, camping etc most of my life. I’ve followed this forum for awhile but never posted in this or any forum before. I would like to post at times though so thought I should introduce myself here first.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:06 PM

Default new member

Hello everyone i am new to this site as of this morning.Im 67 ,and live by Clyde Alberta .Born and raised in Alberta,Edmonton and Devon.I love to fish and go camping, my wife and I both love the outdoors,hence we live on an acerage .campfires just about everyday from spring till winter.Lots of good information here.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:45 AM

Default New member

I've been lurking for awhile. Might as well get posting. Being a Grandpa is the best job ever. Haven't really hunted in years. Just getting back into rifles in the last year or so. Enjoying .22 shooting mostly with my grandsons, gotta get the granddaughters going too.

Lorne in Fishing Lake
Old 04-08-2018, 09:20 AM

Welcome to the forum! Lots of rimfires around here to collect

WTB - BULK AMMO AROUND SOUTHERN ALBERTA
WTB - USED DUCKS UNLIMITED FIREARMS
WTB - USED WINCHESTER COMM FIREARMS
WTB - OLD / RUSTY / UNWANTED FIXER UPPERS
WTB - BROKEN FIREARMS
WTB - RIMFIRE / SHOTGUN MAGAZINES
WTB - ORIGINAL CONDITION COOEY'S
Old 04-19-2018, 02:39 PM

Default Hello!

Hi everyone, from Montreal Quebec.
Been target shooting pistols for a couple years now and came across this site thanks to a Google search. Joined because someone has something I'd like to buy in the forsale forum.
Hopefully I get approved, activated, or whatever else it takes to get email messages and private messages out before the item sells...
Old 07-20-2018, 11:42 PM

Default greetings

evening everyone. gonna try this out as i hate socail media but this day and age i guess this is the way to go
Old 07-21-2018, 01:25 PM

Default First post

Hello all, figured it was time to say so after a while of reading and enjoying this site. I’m Rob live in Strathmore love fishing and being outdoors, interested in getting into a bit of hunting as well after tagging along a couple times.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:07 PM

Default New Guy

Hello new to the site, a lot of good stuff here.
Old 05-06-2018, 03:14 AM

Hey guys, my name is Torry. I’m 27 and i live in blackfalds. Grew up in Nova Scotia but I’ve lived in Alberta for the last 8 years. I work for precision drilling in north eastern BC. I have hunted mostly small game and last year bought a bow and started shooting. This fall will be my first big game season and I’m hoping to put an elk in the freezer with my bow. I’m also planning on doing some rifle hunting aswell. Can’t wait for some days off so I can’t start doing some scouting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-10-2018, 07:58 PM

Default Howdy gents

From Saskatchewan, looking forward to the forum.
Old 05-13-2018, 07:30 AM

Default Greetings all

My family and are re-locating to Calgary this summer and wanted to jump on here to start figuring out the ways of Alberta Been a member on CGN for a while as well with same username.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:28 PM

Hi There Its John, I'm a New Hiker and here to learn more about hiking and all that stuff already I saw many helpful threads hopefully Going to learn lot more soon
Old 07-31-2018, 08:58 PM

Hey guys! My name is Dylan I'm 25 and i am an avid trapper (only my 3rd year but i am hooked big time) and i completely missed this sticky dealio. Not a big online type of guy. I also bow hunt, rifle hunt a little since i bought a bow and i enjoy doing some good ol pike fishing!
I am originally from west of Edmonton and i recently moved to the GP area! Already met some pretty nice people but never hurts to meet a few more. I am an electrician working towards my instrumentation technician ticket now. I am also getting married September 1st! Busy life guys hahaha
Old 08-01-2018, 01:28 PM

Default hello

Happy to be here
Old 09-05-2018, 10:08 AM

Wink New meber

Im new here but im old member on CGN forum since 2007, your forum here look like CGN
Have a nice day!
Vinnce
Old 09-11-2018, 01:09 AM

Default New member

Yay - 1 free post to get my number up.
I live in EDM region and I like boats.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnce05 View Post
Im new here but im old member on CGN forum since 2007, your forum here look like CGN
Have a nice day!
Vinnce
Not as intense as CGN, welcome aboard.
Old 09-20-2018, 05:49 PM
Banned

Default New member

Hello everyone here, Just figured I would drop in and say Hi, and to introduce myself. Have been on another forum for years, I just stumbled on this forum and I decide to join. Looking forward to meet some of yall

Last edited by Chixfishing; 09-20-2018 at 06:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Banned

Posted a few times, nice to meet you!
Old 09-24-2018, 12:48 AM

Default New Member

Hello. I'm 45 and new to hunting. I've lived in Alberta just over 2 years.. moved from Southern Ontario. I first lived in Bonnyville and am now in Cold Lake. I just passed my hunting course a couple weeks ago, and my gun safety course last week. When I say I'm new, I mean brand-spankin new lol. I've never shot a gun before, but have the next month to practice before whitetail season opens Nov.1st... so excited, but so nervous as well!! A close friend of mine has an acreage and I'll be hunting there. She has a crazy amount of whitetail on her property. There is a gentleman that hunts on her land and he'll be mentoring me. I hope eventually I'll meet other women to hunt with

I've already purchased my tag, and hope I'll be successful so I can fill my freezer!

I'm so happy I came across this site and am looking forward to learning a lot from all of you. I'm relieved I have a place where I can ask questions, etc.

Thanks for your time!

Tanya

Last edited by TanyaS; 09-24-2018 at 12:54 AM.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Banned

Hello I'm new here, lurked for a bit. New to bow hunting and archery so you'll find my posts in there. Looking forward to learning more about bowhunting.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:07 AM
Banned

Default Greetings

Been around for a while, not new to shooting, not new to hunting..ill say im a vet in the firearm community
Old 10-05-2018, 03:27 PM

Hello everyone, KC1 from southern Alberta
Lived in Alberta for 20 years (originally from BC)
Loves deerhunting (more meathunter than trophyhunter)
Been reading on this site for a while,figured it is time to join
Old 10-01-2019, 10:06 AM

Good day, recently posted to Alberta from Manitoba(originally from BC) I enjoy hunting upland, turkey, and deer mostly. Looking forward to trying elk and pheasant here in Alberta. I like muzzleloader, but it doesn't look like there is much for special seasons here for that? My second favorite part of hunting is making the game into smoked sausages and salamis to enjoy with some home brew. Looking forward to meeting up with some locals and getting out in the woods.
Old 10-14-2018, 05:37 PM

Default Hello

From Beautiful BC wanted to see what I'd been hearing about on other forums

Mainly hunter that shoots a little F-class now and then.

I reload and am always looking for good information.
Old 10-15-2018, 05:12 PM

Hi everyone, my name's Adam. Been a big fan of hunting, fishing, and firearms for a few years now. Been on a bunch of the other forums but looking to join a few more which landed me here. I'm from just north of Winnipeg.

Looking forward to seeing what all goes on here,
Thanks,
Adam
Old 10-31-2018, 12:08 AM

Default Introduction

Hello everyone, Looking at getting back into hunting, collecting a few historic arms and target shooting. Haven't hunted in over 25 years, last thing I shot was a Grouse back in the day. Hope to go hunting with my wife's family, they been wanting me to join them over the last 5 years. I know they don't think they see me as the firearms/hunting type of guy even though I grew up in Alberta, shot .22's out at friends acreages or farms, learned to ride a dirt bikes and learned to sight rifles in Spruce Grove when I was a teen. Typical childhood in Alberta right? I will thank you all now for answering all the questions I will be asking in the future since I haven't kept up to date on anything firearm related or hunting. Location: Edmonton
Old 11-03-2018, 07:45 PM

Default new to Alberta

hi! new to Alberta, just moved from Quebec this summer. this is my first year hunting waterfowl and i gotta say it is amazing. same goes for coyotes and gophers, this province is a great time.
WMU 232
Old 12-11-2018, 06:21 PM

Moves to Alberta 5 years ago from Ontario and have recently gotten into fly fishing, waterfowl and hunting in general so as any obsessed person would do I am constantly trying to learn and approve as I am mostly learning online and from books!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk