Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-11-2018, 02:03 AM

Default Coyote and Cold Weather Hunters need this.

I purchased some heated gloves from a bicycle store in Edmonton. Pricey but for me they were well with the investment. I bought a light pair of snowcamo mitts that have the fingers inside that can pop out so you can still pull a trigger. I put the heated gloves inside these and you have both warmth and mobility. This is my second winter and I will be buying a second set of rechargeable batteries for 6-7 hrs of warmth on high. The little pocket warmers are ok too but I really like these. Great presents for hunters outdoorsmen or women.

http://powerinmotion.ca/Products/Hea...SAAEgLm9vD_BwE

I also really love the new predator hunting pack I received as a gift. Perfect for any Predator hunter. I can easily carry all my gear, a shotgun and a rifle. Not to mention I have a place to sit and a backrest wherever is chose to sit.

Tenzing PP15 predator pack

https://youtu.be/PNqdkad25Fo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2295.jpg (15.2 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by Fordevr; 01-11-2018 at 02:13 AM.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:55 AM

Interesting. Think I need some of these.
Old 01-11-2018, 09:38 AM

I too purchased a set of heated gloves from powerinmotion. This is my second season using them and they are great. I also bought one of their heated vest ( with 2-16V batteries) in December.
Through that past cold snap I was wearing both vest & gloves for coyote hunting. Even on those -35C / -45C WC mornings, the vest only seen the "low" temperature setting. Not sure when I would use medium or high. The gloves were usually on the medium settings.
For the vest, they claim you will get 22 hours of run time on the low setting, with two 16 V batteries ( 44 hours with 4 batteries). I kept track of usage over 5 days and at 18 hours, I charged the batteries. They may have made the 22 hours but I wasn't about to chance it It did however take 14 hours to charge the batteries.
Both vest & gloves are a great Alberta product coming out of Calgary.
The gloves come in different sizes but the vest is suppose to be a "one size fits all", however anyone with a chest size larger than 44" would find it too small.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:53 AM

What about heated socks that actually work? Lol
Old 01-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffee View Post
What about heated socks that actually work? Lol
No luck so far with heated stuff for feet which other than hands are the most likely to get cold. I tried the insoles at canadian tire with remote. Great idea but used them twice and then sent a email to them and after they asked me for a few detail I haven't heard back. Hope there sending a new pair but nothing yet. Gonna have to get power in motion to make foot wear. Great gloves.
Old 01-11-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordevr View Post
No luck so far with heated stuff for feet which other than hands are the most likely to get cold. I tried the insoles at canadian tire with remote. Great idea but used them twice and then sent a email to them and after they asked me for a few detail I haven't heard back. Hope there sending a new pair but nothing yet. Gonna have to get power in motion to make foot wear. Great gloves.
Power in Motion will have heated insoles coming sometime in February 2018. Their vest are already set up for this attachment. When the insoles are available, I'll be purchasing a set along with 2 more 16V batteries for the vest/insoles.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:29 PM

Picked some off their gloves up today. They sell a harness that plugs into my heated Milwaukee jacket and uses its battery instead.

These gloves heat up fast and get hot if you need it. 3 heat settings.

The leather tips in the thumb and first two fingers feel a little funny but not too bad. Can't wait to try them outside soon.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:04 PM

Anyone knows if I can buy these gloves and vest in Edmonton?
Old 01-12-2018, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJABABY View Post
Anyone knows if I can buy these gloves and vest in Edmonton?
Red Bike in Edmonton handles the gloves but not sure about the vest. I ordered the vest out of Calgary and had it a few days later.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoes View Post
Red Bike in Edmonton handles the gloves but not sure about the vest. I ordered the vest out of Calgary and had it a few days later.
Thanks a lot.

I just checked their website and they also sells vest too in 12 and 16v
Old 01-12-2018, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoes View Post
Power in Motion will have heated insoles coming sometime in February 2018. Their vest are already set up for this attachment. When the insoles are available, I'll be purchasing a set along with 2 more 16V batteries for the vest/insoles.
Sooo excited to hear this. I will be definitely be getting a set or 2. -40C today and -38C last night. Was helping a friend unthaw a waterline so she could water her horses. The gloves were amazing and my hands were toasty.

I too have the harness and milwakee jacket that plugs into everything. It is amazing that these reasonably small batteries in the gloves have more runtime than my milwakee (smaller) battery on my drill and only slightly less run time that the large milwakee battery. Seems to be very high quality stuff.

I got my heated gloves at redbike but I'm sure they will have the vests and insoles very soon if they don't already.

Redbike - (780) 435-2674‬
Old 01-12-2018, 11:39 AM

https://www.redbike.ca/sitesearch.cf...SiteSearch.y=0

for the vest
Old 01-13-2018, 10:11 PM

Great stuff guys! More cool tech on AO.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:29 AM

Very cool.....gonna check these out