Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2018, 09:19 PM

In May 2004, a comprehensive study in the Canadian Medical Association Journal found preventable medical errors contribute to between 9,000 and 24,000 deaths in Canada a year.

Extrapolating the figures, CIHI said patients spend more than one million extra days in hospital being treated for injuries or complications of their care.

Guns dont kill people, doctors do.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:07 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
In May 2004, a comprehensive study in the Canadian Medical Association Journal found preventable medical errors contribute to between 9,000 and 24,000 deaths in Canada a year.

Extrapolating the figures, CIHI said patients spend more than one million extra days in hospital being treated for injuries or complications of their care.

Guns dont kill people, doctors do.
I can agree with that. I even know a couple of people who paid the ultimate price for medical incompetence. To be fair, there are good doctors, and very good doctors, but the bad ones can cause all sorts of havoc in one's life. I know because I live every day with a reminder of what a poor doctor can do to a person.

On a different track.
I was just thinking about the 1960s. It kinda fits into this conversation.

You might remember that back then most homes had firearms, most often stored in plain view and quiet possibly loaded if the home was in a rural environment.

I got my first gun when I was ten and within one year was allowed to take it out hunting, with no supervision. And all of the boys I chummed with also had a gun or two which they could use, without supervision.

Yet I don't recall a single mass shooting or school massacre from that era.

I wonder how the anti gun nuts rationalize that.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 11-15-2018, 05:24 AM

Japan has a lower crime rate because the country hasn't bought into the anti-family policies of the marxist left that have been slowly destroying the western democracies since the end of ww2. Pride in self and family is important to them as it should be. Nationalism and patriotism also very strong. Strong borders and tough immigration policies? Take a look.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
Do you read newspapers, or watch TV news?

How did we wind up with a Nazi sympathizer running the country and then his drama teacher son in the same job ?

I don't much like Donald Trump but one thing he has right, the media are the enemy of democracy.

And people are lazy. They let the media decide what to think, when to think it and what to do about it.
x2
Does anybody know where the People's Party of Canada stands in regards to gun ownership?
I have to do some more research, but maybe this guy (Max) should be our next prime minister.
I am not sure if I am allowed to say this on this forum, but one of the liberal candidates said a couple years ago Albertans only look at 3 thins when they vote God, guns and gays.
I wonder how this will fly on this forum
Old 11-15-2018, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
x2
Does anybody know where the People's Party of Canada stands in regards to gun ownership?
I have to do some more research, but maybe this guy (Max) should be our next prime minister.
I am not sure if I am allowed to say this on this forum, but one of the liberal candidates said a couple years ago Albertans only look at 3 thins when they vote God, guns and gays.
I wonder how this will fly on this forum

Max hasn't the remotest chance of being PM, the only thing he might accomplish is getting us a second term of Trudeau by splitting the vote of the political right. Don't believe me? Look at the last Alberta Provincial election..........

Those who do not study/learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Old 11-18-2018, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Canadian Coalition for Gun Control.

They could have just shortened it to SS.
Gun Control? We already have that. Maybe they should focus on the people who ignore the existing gun control laws. AKA, criminals.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:51 PM

Do you want to hear a positive opinion about gun control?
Go on FB page of Joshua Feuerstein November17
Governor Matt Bevin takes question about gun control from audience and gives one of the best answers you have ever heard.
Worthwhile your 8 minutes of watching.
Rate his argument 1-10
Old 11-21-2018, 03:53 PM

As Mark Twain said, 'There are lies, there are damn lies, and then there are statistics...'. The anti gun crowd has an agenda and inconvenient facts will be ignored, or ridiculed. Their stock answer of banning is the answer of the enlightened ones to save us from ourselves. Too bad the facts don't support bans eliminating or even reducing violence. A very good article on the subject, based on a study done by Harvard University, which doesn't get much air time with MSM.

https://www.beliefnet.com/news/artic...GOob9vKCsKwUUI

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 11-21-2018, 04:10 PM

75% of "gun crime" in Toronto goes unsolved how do they come up with what firearm is used?
Huge surge in gun crimes since 2015? Guns have been around forever, since then we have a crime friendly government and a surge of population growth but hey let's blame the gunowners.

https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/mostwanted.php

cold cases

https://www.torontopolice.on.ca/homicide/coldcases.php
Old 11-24-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1 View Post
Do you want to hear a positive opinion about gun control?
Go on FB page of Joshua Feuerstein November17
Governor Matt Bevin takes question about gun control from audience and gives one of the best answers you have ever heard.
Worthwhile your 8 minutes of watching.
Rate his argument 1-10
Sorry i didn't give you the link to the article, but someone started it as a new thread called Gun control and the value of life
Good point made by Caber Tosser
Shame on you Powersteve
You sound like a neo-nazi to me, talking positive about Hitler, who murdered millions of Jews
Old 12-05-2018, 08:31 PM

Interesting article on CBC of all places there are some journalists with integrity

SUMMARY
According to these sources,
about a third of “crime guns” seized by police aren’t firearms at all.
The claimed number of domestically sourced crime guns stated by the federal government, some police officers, and by gun-control lobby groups is wildly exaggerated at best
The claimed number of straw purchases stated by the federal government, some police officers, and by gun-control lobby groups is wildly exaggerated at best

The gun control debate part 1

http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2018/12/03/t...-truth-part-1/

Old 12-06-2018, 08:03 AM

Problem is , the Masses are so stupid, Nutbars of all kinds get listened to.

Grizz