Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 08-03-2020, 12:17 AM
Banned

Where does one find this outfitter tags for sale?
Old 08-03-2020, 12:45 AM

Figured I'd add to this thread for people looking for hunts. Lucky lake adventures in sask is offering up local crane and duck hunts. I have been there for the crane hunts and can say there is nowhere I have seen yet that rivals the crane numbers he has down there
"I have opening September 2/3, 8/9, 10/11 and 12/13. This is a guided only hunt, consisting of a morning crane hunt with the option of adding afternoon ducks.

Hunters are responsible for accommodations, meal and bird cleaning. I am opening up our sizable yard for guys to bring their campers or 5th wheels(no hook ups).

The cost of the hunt is $250 for the morning cranes and $150 for afternoon ducks. I can't guarantee limit out opportunities on cranes, but every group that has done this hunt has limited out. (306)858-7309."

For my coyote pics @trophy_country_coyotes on instagram

life's too short to fish nymphs
Old 08-03-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwayzie View Post
Where does one find this outfitter tags for sale?
Only one place Alberta Professional Outfitters Association or contact the Outfitter directly

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited by 35 whelen; 08-03-2020 at 07:04 AM.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Only one place Alberta Professional Outfitters Association or contact the Outfitter directly

Thanks
Old 08-04-2020, 03:28 PM

Just had an outfitter email me that apparently they can now offer hunts to Alberta residents both this year and next as per the new regulations they were given, not sure if that will help a few of you have been waiting for a draw forever.
Old 08-04-2020, 03:41 PM

There could be a little bit of demand but I don't see a whole lot , people that are out of work don't have the money this year and the people that have the money have always had some money for these hunts. I don't know how many Outfitters would want to give their moose and Whitetail spots away to Residence, hopefully the good Outfitters make it through this.

Old 08-04-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan's dad View Post
The BC Mountain Goat hunt for $8500 looks really good. Probably never see that price again
I'm trying VERY hard not to jump on this, seriously. My wife doesn't mind and I have the money, if it were sheep, I'd be calling credit card in hand now! I know I will regret not jumping on this but I was also given the green light to spend that next year so...
Old 08-04-2020, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffee View Post
I'm trying VERY hard not to jump on this, seriously. My wife doesn't mind and I have the money, if it were sheep, I'd be calling credit card in hand now! I know I will regret not jumping on this but I was also given the green light to spend that next year so...
Seriuosly, do this one while u can, you never know what next year will bring. On top of that u have 12 months to save up again so u are actually ahead of the game if next year works out great.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
Seriuosly, do this one while u can, you never know what next year will bring. On top of that u have 12 months to save up again so u are actually ahead of the game if next year works out great.
My wife would like to have a chat with you... lol

I know, my hunting season is looking great, even between Saskatchewan and Manitoba. To be honest, I'd rather invest that 8500$ on several smaller hunts, than one big one, unless it's sheep, then I'm in for sure! haha
Old 08-05-2020, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffee View Post
My wife would like to have a chat with you... lol

I know, my hunting season is looking great, even between Saskatchewan and Manitoba. To be honest, I'd rather invest that 8500$ on several smaller hunts, than one big one, unless it's sheep, then I'm in for sure! haha
Do the goat hunt. It will be better than multiple cheaper hunts