Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-10-2017, 08:06 PM
Banned

Default Do you think the wholesale liquidation will effect the used gun market.

Just wondering how many NIB for sale threads will pop up because of the wholesale liquidation? I myself picked up 6 guns in the last 4 days. Will the numbers of cheap sold guns from wholesale be enough to impact the used market in the near future in Alberta. Just curious about the thoughts others have on this.
Old 12-10-2017, 08:16 PM

No

-Billy Molls
Old 12-10-2017, 08:35 PM

Default only low end guns will suffer

They havent had a quality Beretta Benelli or Browning in stock for many years. Sako Tikka stock have been low as UFA prefered to stock the movers and shakers such as the Benelli nova pump and Savage Axis by the skid loads which will have zero effect on quality gun sales when they flood the market with more garbage.
Old 12-10-2017, 10:11 PM

I dont think the used market will be changed. I am disappointed that there is one less place to go for buying new though.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:21 AM

It’s unfortunate that it has come to this. Wholesale Sports was a fixture in the community here in Edmonton there are two stores that employed a lot of people over the years. Whether you like them or not chances are that we all shopped there at some point. So the real concern should be for the hundreds of more unemployed people especially around Christmas...

Last edited by Bush Critter; 12-11-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12-11-2017, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Just wondering how many NIB for sale threads will pop up because of the wholesale liquidation? I myself picked up 6 guns in the last 4 days. Will the numbers of cheap sold guns from wholesale be enough to impact the used market in the near future in Alberta. Just curious about the thoughts others have on this.
You may have answered your own question. Why did you purchase 6 new guns?
Old 12-11-2017, 09:15 AM

How do you think it will be impacted? So a guy buys new guns for cheap at wholesale and then turns around and asks near retail prices for them? Probably gonna see it.
Prices of used guns are stupid right now. My rule of thumb: if I’m paying 75% of new price, I’m just gonna buy new from a reputable retailer, and not bother with buying a used one.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:33 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac View Post
You may have answered your own question. Why did you purchase 6 new guns?
I got into restricted
Old 12-11-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranch11 View Post
How do you think it will be impacted? So a guy buys new guns for cheap at wholesale and then turns around and asks near retail prices for them? Probably gonna see it.
Prices of used guns are stupid right now. My rule of thumb: if I’m paying 75% of new price, I’m just gonna buy new from a reputable retailer, and not bother with buying a used one.
I was browsing the buy/sell for a while and realized that most of the used prices were within $100 of the same rifle new. So I think you will see a few guys trying to make a few bucks, but I don't think the prices can go much higher.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:02 PM

For sure! Not good! Everyone thinks Alberta is coming out of the tough times? Sears, Wholesale Sports, Acklands Grainger, and more lay offs for them in the new year! I don't think so! Alot of people out of work!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Critter View Post
It’s unfortunate that it has come to this. Wholesale Sports was a fixture in the community here in Edmonton there are two stores that employed a lot of people over the years. Whether you like them or not chances are that we all shopped there at some point. So the real concern should be for the hundreds of more unemployed people especially around Christmas...
Old 12-11-2017, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
I got into restricted
Boy, I'd say.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:20 PM

Pretty easy and convenient these days to find used guns and to check the pricing now that everyone has smart phones, I don't think the used market will crash but hope that keeps the used sellers more in check on pricing.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:43 PM

Am wondering if used will go up but more on the fear of what the Liberals are going to do in the new year. If there is an affect from WWS it will be short term. My 2cts for what little that is worth. What happens to the market should all of us have to put UN marking's on all of our firearms as well as new. Could be interesting.
Old 12-11-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidderman View Post
Am wondering if used will go up but more on the fear of what the Liberals are going to do in the new year. If there is an affect from WWS it will be short term. My 2cts for what little that is worth. What happens to the market should all of us have to put UN marking's on all of our firearms as well as new. Could be interesting.
UN markings... that's a joke right?!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk