Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-05-2019, 10:18 AM

Default D&R Sausage

I am looking at making some pepperoni wondering has anyone used there kits for it. I like spice but not too hot.
Old 02-05-2019, 10:49 PM

Default D n R

They are all I use for all my sausages and have been very happy with them. They have quite a selection and are always willing to give advice and little tricks to help you out. They have everything from mild to spicier, good for everyones palate.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:59 AM

All i say is go in and chat with Lloyd. Hes awesome. Knows his stuff.
The spice packs have a wide variety.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:27 AM

I am no expert as I have made Pepperoni sticks one time. I used a kit from Walton's Inc. They are in the states and I have used seasonings and casings etc from them. Pepperoni turned out very good I thought. Not spicy and very flavorful. Check them out. There customers service is also excellent and you speak to a real human who knows what they're talking about. I've had good luck with LEM seasonings as well. I will look into D&R as I have never heard of them.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:59 AM

The packaging of the spices available at DnR bear a striking resemblance to the packaging of another company that I refuse to name, but rhymes with Falfords
Attached Images
File Type: jpg spice.jpg (8.4 KB, 79 views)
Old 02-10-2019, 09:42 AM

thanks for the advise what is wrong with the other one you would not mention
Old 02-10-2019, 11:25 AM

Not a thing wrong with either
Old 02-10-2019, 03:16 PM

i AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH GOING ,WITH PREMIXES.BUT IS THERE A BEST BEFORE ON THE PACKAGING.IN THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN. IT'S A FACT THAT IN ORDER TO SIMPLIFY & TO KEEP THERE COSTS DOWN.I WOULD GUESS THAT THESE PACKAGES ARE DONE UP IN LOTS,ENOUGH FOR 100 BAGS+-.I WAS TAUGHT TO MIX MY OWN ,OF OFF TRIED TESTED RECIPES,FOR A MORE CONSISTENT FRESHER SPICE MIX.I BUY MY SPICES IN SMALL AMOUNTS,CUTS MY COSTS ETC..MY .02 WORTH
Old 02-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallieho View Post
i AM NOT SUGGESTING THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH GOING ,WITH PREMIXES.BUT IS THERE A BEST BEFORE ON THE PACKAGING.IN THIS WORLD WE LIVE IN. IT'S A FACT THAT IN ORDER TO SIMPLIFY & TO KEEP THERE COSTS DOWN.I WOULD GUESS THAT THESE PACKAGES ARE DONE UP IN LOTS,ENOUGH FOR 100 BAGS+-.I WAS TAUGHT TO MIX MY OWN ,OF OFF TRIED TESTED RECIPES,FOR A MORE CONSISTENT FRESHER SPICE MIX.I BUY MY SPICES IN SMALL AMOUNTS,CUTS MY COSTS ETC..MY .02 WORTH
That’s because what you do is better than the rest of us, you dont care if you wreck 2 batches before you’re tweek it enough to get where you want. Others, like the op, post to not wreck a batch of meat and add spices as they go, but hey all those caps must mean you know better.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:44 AM

No problems ....it's an oldd ltop,damn key is stuck..if ever you get a chance to p/up brian pape book was available at ctr calgary...no tweeking of his recipes...mind you they are basic,want it hot add more heat...... Ltop is almost as old as the old fart doing the hunt pecking for thekkeys
Old 02-11-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
No problems ....it's an oldd ltop,damn key is stuck..if ever you get a chance to p/up brian pape book was available at ctr calgary...no tweeking of his recipes...mind you they are basic,want it hot add more heat...... Ltop is almost as old as the old fart doing the hunt pecking for thekkeys
Try to disregard the unexplained rage and harsh judgement that one encounters on the forum.It is what it is.
I am also old and have many dead keys on my laptop.

Lloyd at DnR has 2 awesome things.
Brian Pay's old smoker and the rights to Brian Pay's Book
Old 02-11-2019, 12:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Us old guys often don’t realize caps is yelling lol, nothing wrong with the people new to sausage making using a kit, I found some of them very good.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Try to disregard the unexplained rage and harsh judgement that one encounters on the forum.It is what it is.
I am also old and have many dead keys on my laptop.

Lloyd at DnR has 2 awesome things.
Brian Pay's old smoker and the rights to Brian Pay's Book
Who is Brian Pay, ive not heard of him before, sausage guru?
Old 02-11-2019, 04:29 PM

He used to put on the sausage classes in Calgary for CTR.."The Best of Wurst"B & T Publishing Livedd in Cremona