Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 04-20-2019, 07:42 AM

Default Magpul Bipod comments?

Hey everyone, wondering what experience, if any, local hunters have had with this product. I watched many reviews online but they were primarily for tactical and competition applications for this bipod. So, I have a few questions:

How would it be in snow and wet dirt?

How well does it operate in sub-zero conditions?

Is this overall a good hunting bipod?

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2019, 10:41 AM

Although some of my buddies really like the Magpul bipods, I do not. They have a "look cool" factor. I like the colour options and the concept of the design but I feel too much flex and play in them. I am sticking with my Harris bipods for hunting and target/tactical.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:28 AM

Have tried Magpul, Harris and quite a few others. I like the Magpul fine for target shooting and the like, and I like that it has tilt and a bit of swivel. For hunting I don't like any of them. I hate the unbalanced feel of the gun with a Bi=pod mounted and most places I hunt you need to at least be kneeling and often standing to be able to get above the vegetation to shoot. A Primos Trigger stick Bi-pod or something similar, are what I always use for hunting.

These Bungee corded ones are great for spot and stalk hunting. Carry them on your belt, never in the way, leaves both hands free.

Old 04-20-2019, 12:49 PM

I have a magpul bipod on my long range .308 since it’s a 700 magpul. I really enjoy the bipod itself. Locks up tight, simple and light design, I haven’t used it in the winter or very cold temperatures but I bet it will hold up great. I really like how it pivots 30° on the flat axis as well and rotates to stay level. The tightening knob is big and easy to operate, easy to find with gloves. Best part I think is the m-lock system, it’s way better then a swivel stud attachment.

Tags
bipod, bipods