Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-17-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken View Post
Actually you can't. Outfitters have only Non-resident tags.
Same thing. I can't buy a tag for 36 bucks because its reserved for sale to someone else. If it wasn't a money game they would fill all resident draw applications and then divide whats left over.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
LOL...naw, these schemes were around long before RAMP. You can hunt here but I'll need to charge you for parking. You can hunt here but you'll need to stay at our B&B. You can hunt here but you need to buy some girl guide cookies. I've heard of some very creative ways of getting money out of hunters before access was permitted.

First time I came across this was over 20 years ago

I've also cut firewood
Old 10-17-2009, 09:14 PM
sniper_700ti_mckaylake_gu

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
LOL...naw, these schemes were around long before RAMP. You can hunt here but I'll need to charge you for parking. You can hunt here but you'll need to stay at our B&B. You can hunt here but you need to buy some girl guide cookies. I've heard of some very creative ways of getting money out of hunters before access was permitted.
did you report them?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:15 AM

Well Im back. No I didn't pay 200$ for beef to access the land. I got permission a little bit closer to the sask border and the only catch was we where to watch out for a cow and calf that was still on the land. Low and behold 7 days later im home with my limit of phesant, some bonus sharptail and some really big mule deer sheds I found. Best part is I still have a extra $200 in my pocket. Screw paying just go do a little bit more knocking on doors and a guy can find some good hunting lands that don't require a "land donation"! Happy Hunting to you all!!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:37 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper_700ti_mckaylake_gu View Post
did you report them?
Didn't say it happened to me. I said "I've heard". Actually one of them was a story you related that happened to you if I remember correctly. What did F&W have to say about it?
Old 10-25-2009, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindalbakken View Post
That is the way it is in some European countries.
Would you care to name one?

In most European countries, if not part of the local club, the farmers can't even hunt on their own land.
How would 7-10 000 $ a year for hunting rights sound to you? Getting associated in clubs, bidding for hunting land... from the good ol' "let's get out and hunt today" to " I wish my son can be accepted as a hunter, but we have to wait until one of the old guys dies."

If you think paying for access to hunting land is a good idea, then don't get stuck with the 200$ in mind.

And for the fella' that thinks the prices will go down... please pray tell, when did that ever happen? Can we be that blind as to ignore all the examples we have in the world today? Just because "Alberta has a lot of land"?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickrel pat View Post
If you want to use his land, then use his product.(which is beef) we all buy beef right? just set it up that you buy your beef from him and youll have full access. hes giving you the privledge of using his land, give him the same privledge of buying your beef from him.. doesnt sound to crooked to me.
Spoken like a true politician!!!

You scratch my back and.......